Windows 10: Turn Xbox Controller support in UWP apps

Discus and support Turn Xbox Controller support in UWP apps in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I avoid UWP apps like the plague because of this issue. My controller only works in UWP apps which is at the moment only a small fraction of what I do.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by mrdeciem, Apr 20, 2020.

1. mrdeciem Win User

Turn Xbox Controller support in UWP apps

I avoid UWP apps like the plague because of this issue. My controller only works in UWP apps which is at the moment only a small fraction of what I do.

I use steam configuration in big picture to allow me to fully control windows 10 but the issue is since UWP apps also work whenever I use one both steam and windows input commands, making every input double.

I see countless people with this issue and I also am in wish of a solution.

:)

mrdeciem, Apr 20, 2020
  2. Ariel Acu Win User

How do I completely disable xbox controller support for UWP apps?

Hi Jason,

You can use your Xbox controller to control UWP apps in Windows 10. You also have the option to disable this feature by managing its configuration. Since you're using a third-party controller, there's a possibility that this configuration designed for Xbox
    controller is not working with your controller due to incompatibility. We suggest that you use an Xbox controller if available so that you can manage its configuration easily. You may also contact the manufacturer of your controller to assist you on how to
    configure its settings to disable its control from UWP apps.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Ariel Acu, Apr 20, 2020
  3. ORJ
    orj Win User
    Disable Xbox One controller in UWP apps like Windows Store

I've noticed recently on Windows 10 that UWP (Universal Windows Platform) apps like the Xbox app, Windows Store app, etc are taking some inputs from my attached Xbox One controller.

There is an article on MSDN regarding how UWP apps can now respond to Gamepad and Remote interactions.

Is there a way if disabling this feature of Windows 10? My Windows 10 machine is setup as a TV gaming machine with Steam Big Picture and I use Controller Companion which is an excellent mouse/keyboard emulator for controllers when I need to interact with Windows apps. It is way better than the half baked UWP controller support. But now these two systems clash making using UWP apps on Windows 10 difficult with a controller.

I need a way to disable the UWP gamepad/remote interactions.

4. Turn Xbox Controller support in UWP apps

How do I completely disable xbox controller support for UWP apps?

I just purchased an xbox one controller for windows, and this issue is still present. how do I disable the xbox controller in UWP apps?

jasoncollege246, Apr 20, 2020
Thema:

Turn Xbox Controller support in UWP apps

1. Turn Xbox Controller support in UWP apps - Similar Threads - Turn Xbox Controller

2. Xbox app uwp does not save the size of the app window

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox app uwp does not save the size of the app window: The Xbox uwp application does not save the size of the application window and it resets every time it starts. It's not convenient for me. The application was reinstalled. There are no such problems with other applications.The application version is 2205.1001.9.0 /...
  3. Xbox app uwp does not save the size of the app window

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Xbox app uwp does not save the size of the app window: The Xbox uwp application does not save the size of the application window and it resets every time it starts. It's not convenient for me. The application was reinstalled. There are no such problems with other applications.The application version is 2205.1001.9.0 /...
  4. Turn off native controller support?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Turn off native controller support?: I have controller companion so I can use my PC with my xbox controller. Well Windows 10 has its own controller support that only allows you to navigate the start menu and other various menus, which conflicts with controller companion sometimes. Is there a way to turn off the...
  5. Turn off Xbox Controller support in UWP apps?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Turn off Xbox Controller support in UWP apps?: I avoid UWP apps like the plague because of this issue. My controller only works in UWP apps which is at the moment only a small fraction of what I do. I use steam configuration in big picture to allow me to fully control windows 10 but the issue is since UWP apps also work...
  6. Xbox Wireless Controller Adapter not turning on?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Xbox Wireless Controller Adapter not turning on?: I recently bought a new game for my computer and i normally play it with my Xbox controller. I have had this controller for three years. I would normally Sync the controller and the Adapter, then I’m ready to play my game. But for some reason, this morning, the adapter...
  7. Xbox 360 controller support

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox 360 controller support: I have 3 Logitech wireless F710 gamepads that used to work, now the are recognized as either an "HID keyboard device" (I have 7 showing up in 'device manager') or an "HID compliant system controller". I tried to update the driver (because none of my gamepads are working with...
  8. Xbox App Sample Rate Not Supported

in Windows 10 Support
    Xbox App Sample Rate Not Supported: I have recently bought a new headset, the Corsair Void Pro Wireless headset and I am trying to talk to my friends on Xbox using the Xbox app that comes with Win10 by default and when joining a party it says that my sample rate is not supported. Clicking on the help link...
  9. UWP Remote Control App is great from a tablet.

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    UWP Remote Control App is great from a tablet.: I have been using the standard remote control app from my Windows tablet to connect to other installs on my laptop (Host or a vm). I use touchmousepointer to flip flop tablet into mousepointer or touchscreen mode. Problem is if tablet is in mouse mode, you have to click...
  10. UWP apps now support subscription-based billing

in Windows 10 News
    UWP apps now support subscription-based billing: Today we are extremely excited to announce that subscription add-ons are available to all UWP developers. You can use subscriptions to sell digital products in your app with automated recurring billing while giving your customers a seamless purchase experience. One thing to...