Windows 10: Turned off all time/app limits on daughter's computer but she is still not able to use...

Discus and support Turned off all time/app limits on daughter's computer but she is still not able to use... in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; My daughter is trying to do her school work on google chrome and every time she tries to open google chrome it says she needs to ask permission for... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by Julia1999XR, Apr 20, 2020.

1. Turned off all time/app limits on daughter's computer but she is still not able to use...

My daughter is trying to do her school work on google chrome and every time she tries to open google chrome it says she needs to ask permission for more time. I've gone into her device on my microsoft account and removed all time/app limits and it still is not working. I've installed the latest microsoft update on her computer, verified her microsoft account on her computer, restarted, etc. Still not working. Any clue?

:)

Julia1999XR, Apr 20, 2020

2. time limits in family not working

Hi Barbara,

We would like to know more details about your concern about the Family Safety time limit that is not working so we can better assist you. Kindly answer the following:

• Does it happen only with particular child account?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

In the meantime, we would suggest that you refer to this
    support link
    on how to set up screen time limits for your child.

We look forward to your response.

Marilou Ser, Apr 20, 2020
  3. Time limits not enforced on child account

My daughter's account stopped enforcing the time limits set up on her account.

They were working fine for several months and then...

Why the heck are you still on the computer??

The account lists the laptops she uses and the time limits and the time of day limits, but MS still lets her login...

Not good folks. Don't need a computer crazed 10 year old going to school bleary eyed.

I found another question like this and it points to a win 8 solution. REALLY?

thanks, I give up for now.

irritated parent and tired too, Apr 20, 2020
  4. Turned off all time/app limits on daughter's computer but she is still not able to use...

My son is able to bypass the PC screen time limit on Windows 10

Yes, I have followed this step exactly yet my son is still able to turn off the switch that limits his screen time.

I have removed his account from the family and added it back. Still he is able to access that switch.

I have even changed my Live.com password and PIN on the computer to make sure he is unable to get into my account...

Any more ideas?

CornellSeneschal, Apr 20, 2020
Thema:

Turned off all time/app limits on daughter's computer but she is still not able to use...

1. Turned off all time/app limits on daughter's computer but she is still not able to use... - Similar Threads - Turned off app

2. Changing Time Zone using daughter's account.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Changing Time Zone using daughter's account.: Trying to change time zone on my daughter's computer. We already changed the time zone in Family Safety page family.microsoft.com but the time zone did not sync. Here's my phone number 405.921.9092. Hope to hear from you soon.Andrea *** Email address is removed for privacy...
  3. Changing Time Zone using daughter's account.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Changing Time Zone using daughter's account.: Trying to change time zone on my daughter's computer. We already changed the time zone in Family Safety page family.microsoft.com but the time zone did not sync. Here's my phone number 405.921.9092. Hope to hear from you soon.Andrea *** Email address is removed for privacy...
  4. Family Screen Time is still on after turning it off

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Family Screen Time is still on after turning it off: My dad wanted to see what screen time did and turned it on and off again, in that 2 seconds that it was on it caused my pc to use the default screen time settings and is now stuck with it. I was unable to find a way to remove it and decided I would just deal with it by...
  5. computer on all the time unless I turn it off

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    computer on all the time unless I turn it off: I want to keep my computer on all the time unless I turn it off https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/computer-on-all-the-time-unless-i-turn-it-off/cf21f96e-a23a-4039-89c9-52514dbb423f
  6. I have turned off app time limits for my son but he is still being limited

I have turned off app time limits for my son but he is still being limited: I had at one point turned on app time limits but I have since turned them off. But he is still getting blocked and has to request additional time from me. How do I fix this? Thanks....
  7. App time limits won’t turn off

App time limits won’t turn off: I have my son a a family account. I recieve updates on his usage each week, however I don’t set any time limits on usage of the deviecs or apps. Since Tuesday this week he started getting notificatoins that he had reached a time limit on chrome and other apps. He had to...
  8. Turn off kids time limit

Turn off kids time limit: Hi, We have been trying to turn off the timer for apps on my daughter's PC. She is, like others, doing school and other work from home now and having to dole out minutes is a pain. I've gone into our account and flipped the switch on her account to turn off time limits...
  9. No time limits set, but still limiting time

No time limits set, but still limiting time: I have kids who need to use Google Chrome for distance learning. When I enabled that app for them, it set a time limit. I have removed all app time limits on the kids accounts, but one of them is still blocked from using Chrome unless he asks an adult. How can I fix this...
  10. Limit screen time use of a specific App

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Limit screen time use of a specific App: How does one limit screen time access to a specific Gaming App when there is only one user on a computer? I am doing this for my use, and don't have Family considerations....