Windows 10: Turned off computer during Attempting Repairs, and now it won't boot at all

Discus and support Turned off computer during Attempting Repairs, and now it won't boot at all in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I'm aware it was a stupid thing to do. I was trying to reboot into the BIOS and instead of going with the old reliable method, I had the brilliant idea... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/ss-squad, Jan 14, 2020.

1. Turned off computer during Attempting Repairs, and now it won't boot at all

I'm aware it was a stupid thing to do. I was trying to reboot into the BIOS and instead of going with the old reliable method, I had the brilliant idea of fiddling around with advanced start-up, and accidentally got it to attempt repairs (I think i selected start-up repairs on the troubleshooting menu). After 20 mins of the dots spinning, I realized how much of a mistake it was but decided to let it do its thing to avoid bricking anything. After 5 hours, I was getting impatient and had work to do, so I turned the laptop off. I tried restarting it but a pitch black screen greeted me. Absolutely nothing. I cut the power, did multiple hard reboots, but to no avail.

I looked around online a bit and it seems like the best thing to do is to get a windows 10 image on a drive and try to run it. I can't get ahold of another computer right now, so until then, is there anything else I can do to fix it?

Thanks a lot

submitted by /u/ss-squad
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/ss-squad, Jan 14, 2020

2. Asus Transformer t100ta won´t turn on Win10

Yesterday was reading on it. All of a sudden turned off and now it won´t turn on

GabrielaAraya, Jan 14, 2020
  3. Windows 10 won´t boot into automatic repair neither safe mode or any of the other options

Hi,

Welcome and thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

We regret the inconvenience caused to you.

I suggest you to create an installation media for Windows 10 and perform Automatic Repair.

Download Windows 10

Follow the below steps:

• After you boot your computer using
      Windows 10 CD/ DVD or System Repair Disc, a black screen appears with gray text "Press any key to boot from CD or DVD". Press any key.

• Select the correct time and Keyboard type.

• Click on Repair your computer
      in the lower left corner.

• Select Troubleshoot
      from Choose an option screen.

• Click on Advanced options
      in Troubleshoot screen.

• Click on Automatic Repair
      from Advanced Options screen.

• Next, choose the operating system by clicking on its button.

• Windows 10 will look for problems on hard drive(s) and verify that all required files are intact.

Hope it helps.

Let us know the status, we are glad to assist you further.

Abdul_Malik, Jan 14, 2020
  4. Dyan Rey Win User

Turned off computer during Attempting Repairs, and now it won't boot at all

Laptop went black and won;t reboot

Hi Andree,

Hardware and software conflict is one of the possible reasons why you're experiencing black screen. Sometimes, it is also because of hardware failure. To get this issue fixed, we suggest that you
    boot into Safe Mode by following these steps:

• Turn off your computer 3 times while booting. Windows should automatically boot to the Recovery Environment after 3 unsuccessful attempts in a row.
    • Once you are within the Recovery Environment, select Troubleshoot, and then
      Advanced options, then Startup Settings, and
      Restart
      . When it restarts, you should see a number of options. Press 5 or F5 for
      Safe Mode with Networking.
    Once your computer is in Safe Mode, please follow the workaround provided on this
    link. Simply select the similar case that you're experiencing to show the troubleshooting steps.

Let us know how it works.

Dyan Rey, Jan 14, 2020
Thema:

Turned off computer during Attempting Repairs, and now it won't boot at all

1. Turned off computer during Attempting Repairs, and now it won't boot at all - Similar Threads - Turned off computer

2. My laptop turned off during reset and now won't stop looping

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop turned off during reset and now won't stop looping: I reset my laptop last night due to I virus I presumed I got and it was going well until it got up to 50% it turned itself off and when I turned it back on it said it was on 0% so I charged it and waited until morning, I turn it back on and it opens up with it's usual screen...
  3. My laptop turned off during reset and now won't stop looping

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My laptop turned off during reset and now won't stop looping: I reset my laptop last night due to I virus I presumed I got and it was going well until it got up to 50% it turned itself off and when I turned it back on it said it was on 0% so I charged it and waited until morning, I turn it back on and it opens up with it's usual screen...
  4. My Computer Won't Turn off

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My Computer Won't Turn off: Hi I Own A Windows 10 System, Its OS Is Windows 10 Pro, The Computer is less than 1 year old.Specs Are Here If NeededDevice name DESKTOP-9OHUAP9 Processor IntelR CoreTM i5-7600T CPU @ 2.80GHz 2.81 GHz Installed RAM 8.00 GB 7.88 GB usable Product ID 00330-51295-89172-AAOEM...
  5. computer turns off during update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    computer turns off during update: I was trying to download windows 11 preview today and at 50% done it turned off without my touching itive had this before with updates and it allways turns off at 50% done. is there a way to fix this...
  6. OK to turn off computer during update?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    OK to turn off computer during update?: Was wondering if it's OK if we turn the computer off during this process? Thanks you! submitted by /u/JoanofArc0531 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/lec0z3/ok_to_turn_off_computer_during_update/
  7. Laptop powered off during a Windows 10 update and now won't boot

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop powered off during a Windows 10 update and now won't boot: Hi, Unfortunately my laptop installed with Windows 10 powered off during an update. When I turn on my laptop the screen backlight turns on but stays blank and nothing happens. I can go into the BIOS and also run tests on the Memory, Hardrive and other peripherals and...
  8. Non-system Disk Error during Attempt to Boot Repair Disc

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Non-system Disk Error during Attempt to Boot Repair Disc: I've been working out how to restore a saved system image. I've done this more or less annually in Windows 7, and am now attempting to use the Windows 10 64-bit Repair Disc I made in Windows 10 to make sure I have a restorable image. When I use the repair disc, I get the...
  9. Computer won't turn off completely

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Computer won't turn off completely: My HP Hewlett-Packard EliteBook Laptop isn't shutting down completely. I held down the power button to initiate shutdown, the screen went black and the fans turned off but the power LED light is flashing white and orange. Does anyone know how to fix this?...
  10. Turning of screeen on and off during booting process.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Turning of screeen on and off during booting process.: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1_ZuTmvzEGsJ5BRtzKg2Tj8eVvgLEjNYM first you can see this video and tell me Why it happens ? . When I push the power button of my laptop and when it turns on it display a short message saying " press esc for...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. can u off ur laptop when it is attempting repairs

2. can i turn off my laptop if it’s attempting repairs

3. turning computer off while attemptimg repairs

4. hp pavilion g series laptop overheated shut down attempting repairs