Windows 10: Turned off Password on Wake, but still get prompted

Discus and support Turned off Password on Wake, but still get prompted in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Hi all, I would like not to have to insert password every time I resume using my tablet after a few moments. I've switched this feature in the power... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by teejay, Jul 31, 2015.

1. teejay Win User

Turned off Password on Wake, but still get prompted

Hi all, I would like not to have to insert password every time I resume using my tablet after a few moments. I've switched this feature in the power settings, and even rebooted, but I still get prompted for a password upon waking the tablet.
    Anyone know how to solve this dilemma?

:)

teejay, Jul 31, 2015
  2. Tim P. Win User

No notifications or sounds.

Greetings Happypac,

Thank you for posting on the Microsoft Answers Forum.

I wanted to verify, does the issue occur if you turn off the prompt for a password upon wake up of the phone?

Best Regards,

Tim P., Jul 31, 2015
  3. How can I disable the password sign in requirement upon wake-up from sleep?

I have tried multiple ways to turn off the setting that requires a password upon wake-up from sleep, but it still requires a password. I am not sure what to do at this point. Thanks!

ConorBodily, Jul 31, 2015
  4. Turned off Password on Wake, but still get prompted

I'm having the same issue with both the tablets we have in my family. No matter what I do it asks for a password on wake.

thedefside, Aug 1, 2015
Thema:

Turned off Password on Wake, but still get prompted

1. Turned off Password on Wake, but still get prompted - Similar Threads - Turned off Password

2. Windows 11 still requiring password even with requirement turned off

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 still requiring password even with requirement turned off: My PC is still requiring a password to log in even though the setting "Users must enter a username and password to use this computer" under netplwiz is unchecked. To be clear I don't want to enter a password every time I turn my system on, I want it just to go straight to...
  3. Windows 11 still requiring password even with requirement turned off

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 still requiring password even with requirement turned off: My PC is still requiring a password to log in even though the setting "Users must enter a username and password to use this computer" under netplwiz is unchecked. To be clear I don't want to enter a password every time I turn my system on, I want it just to go straight to...
  4. Ms Outlook 2013 password prompt and still cannot get it to work.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Ms Outlook 2013 password prompt and still cannot get it to work.: Hello all, I'm going to try again, I did have a post entitled "Outlook 2013 password prompt relentless. Please help" but I've still got the problem. I have other emails addresses on my Outlook programme,working well, but this one will not receive (or send) any emails. I just...
  5. Will turning off the UAC stop admin password prompts when launching cmd?

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Will turning off the UAC stop admin password prompts when launching cmd?: I want to delete an administrator account on my PC, while not being admin myself. I decided to try using the command prompt in admin... But yeah, I need the pass. Or a bypass to the password prompt. Will disabling the UAC do the trick?...
  6. Turn off wake on lan

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Turn off wake on lan: Can someone tell me how to turn of WOL becuase everynight my computers turns on at 5:55 AM and its getting annoying submitted by /u/Zylenlox69 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/kn9rqc/turn_off_wake_on_lan/
  7. Network Sharing prompts for password (Password protected sharing turned off) - Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Network Sharing prompts for password (Password protected sharing turned off) - Windows 10: I've been using Network Share (HomeGroup before) for a while. Weeks ago I changed my Microsoft account password, and then here I got a problem. Let's say my main PC is PC A, and my second PC is PC B. When I try to access files on B from A, everything works fine. But when I...
  8. UAC is off; still getting permission prompts for mundane tasks.

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    UAC is off; still getting permission prompts for mundane tasks.: Hello. I'm having an issue after upgrading to windows 10 from 7. I've been getting a lot of strange administrator permission prompts, despite being on the admin account and having UAC completely off. This occurs on very mundane operations, such as deleting a photo or even...
  9. Turned off action center, still getting popups?

in Windows 10 Support
    Turned off action center, still getting popups?: Followed this, Action Center - Enable or Disable in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums Action center is gone, but I am still getting "Turn on Windows Firewall" and other such popups that seem to originate from the action center? How do I turn these off as well? 61286
  10. Turn off/ Wake up problems

in Windows 10 Support
    Turn off/ Wake up problems: Hello, everybody! It's me again.. I have some problems and I would be happy if someone can help me. (Feeling so so so stupid..) Problems: 1.I find fbl_impressive (build 10049) when I am looking for updates but an error is showed - 0x80246017 *Sleepy (I know build 10049 is...