Windows 10: Turned on HDR, screen black, can't turn it off

Discus and support Turned on HDR, screen black, can't turn it off in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; To elaborate on the title: I set up a computer on a regular 1080p screen. All updates installed, all's well. Put it next to the TV and connected. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Anthraxious, Jul 24, 2020.

1. Turned on HDR, screen black, can't turn it off

To elaborate on the title:

I set up a computer on a regular 1080p screen. All updates installed, all's well.

Put it next to the TV and connected. I log in and see that it automatically chose 4k resolution. Wonderful.

I go into settings to turn on HDR. The second I do, screen goes black and I get "no signal" on the TV.

Now I can't revert the change. If I connect to the 1080p screen again, I don't have any HDR options and any time I reconnect to the TV it's the same. No signal.

I managed to restart and get the windows logo to show (pre login screen) but it was only for a few seconds then back to no signal.

Can I reset the display settings for a particular connection, in this instance my TV? No idea how to make it "forget" the TV so as to try again. Why doesn't it just revert like when a resolution change happens?

Edit: I've tried several cables as well. I also tried another input (all of them are HDMI 2.1 so shouldn't matter). The other input actually worked to begin with, at 4k30Hz, and I could enable HDR even.

I went into settings to change to 60Hz. No problem. Then I went to turn on HDR and another issue arose; it wouldn't turn on. I tried another cable (high speed) and same. Now after a few cables, I'm somehow back to square 1; NO signal. Wtf is going on...

And yes, I've tried reinstalling drivers.

submitted by /u/Anthraxious
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Anthraxious, Jul 24, 2020
  2. TuanNinh Win User
    TuanNinh, Jul 29, 2020
  3. Hdr turns off

I am on a Gaming Pc to be Exact its my tower hooked to a 4k UHD TV but when I turn HDR on and try to play a game for example, Minecraft it turns itself off

MadisonSutton, Jul 29, 2020
  4. Turned on HDR, screen black, can't turn it off

turn off HDR SETTING

how can i turn off The HDR settings in the last OS version(17134.1)?

the old OS version has a switch to turn on or off it.

dewenjiang, Jul 29, 2020
Thema:

Turned on HDR, screen black, can't turn it off

1. Turned on HDR, screen black, can't turn it off - Similar Threads - Turned HDR screen

2. External display turned black after turning on HDR and I can't turn it off

in Windows 10 Gaming
    External display turned black after turning on HDR and I can't turn it off: I connected my work laptop to an external display at home via a usb c dock. I was using the built in display and external display in extended mode. I looked through the display settings in windows 10 and thought I'd try HDR on the external display since it is HDR capable. I...
  3. External display turned black after turning on HDR and I can't turn it off

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    External display turned black after turning on HDR and I can't turn it off: I connected my work laptop to an external display at home via a usb c dock. I was using the built in display and external display in extended mode. I looked through the display settings in windows 10 and thought I'd try HDR on the external display since it is HDR capable. I...
  4. External display turned black after turning on HDR and I can't turn it off

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. i can't turn off HDR

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i can't turn off HDR: Hello,for some reason i can't turn off hdr i have the button but when i press it it won't turn offmy monitor is a Samsung Odyssey G5 and my gpu is a 6900xt i do know that the samsung Odyssy g5 is a hdr10 monitor...
  6. i can't turn off HDR

i can't turn off HDR: Hello,for some reason i can't turn off hdr i have the button but when i press it it won't turn offmy monitor is a Samsung Odyssey G5 and my gpu is a 6900xt i do know that the samsung Odyssy g5 is a hdr10 monitor...
  7. No option to turn off HDR!!!!!!

No option to turn off HDR!!!!!!: Please Help! Plugged in a monitor to my laptop with Nvidia 3060 through an HDMI cord and switched on HDR in Windows 10. Now the second monitor is not being recognized and there is no option to turn off HDR in Windows. Windows will not let me Extend the display to the new...
  8. HDR turns off in full screen games

HDR turns off in full screen games: Whenever I try to play a game in full screen my HDR will turn off even though it used to run perfectly fine in full screen with HDR. I have the predator 4K monitor 3840 x 2160 120 hz refresh rate system specs AMD Ryzen 9 5950X AMD Radeon RX 6900 XT I am really not sure how to...
  9. Black Screen after turning on HDR

Black Screen after turning on HDR: I recently got a new monitor that had HDR support, so I just went ahead and turned on HDR under display settings and that's it. The screen is fully black. I restarted the PC and the display goes black right after windows logo during boot. When I disconnected the new monitor...
  10. Hdr turns off

Hdr turns off: I am on a Gaming Pc to be Exact its my tower hooked to a 4k UHD TV but when I turn HDR on and try to play a game for example, Minecraft it turns itself off https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hdr-turns-off/8503274d-b9ff-4f6c-9b16-853a419b6c5b

Users found this page by searching for:

1. turned on hdr on pc and my tv is blank

2. win 11 hdr black screen

3. win10 hdr monitor black