Windows 10: turned on listen in audio mike how do I turn it off?

Discus and support turned on listen in audio mike how do I turn it off? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; turned on listen in audio mike how do I turn it off?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by idahocandoit, Feb 28, 2021.

1. turned on listen in audio mike how do I turn it off?

turned on listen in audio mike how do I turn it off?

:)

idahocandoit, Feb 28, 2021
  2. wb0gaz Win User

Mono audio (ease of access) plus Listen to Microphone (audio control)

I wish to have my Windows 10 (20H2) machine listen to microphone (relay audio from sound input device to sound output device) and be in Mono audio mode (combine left and right input sound streams and send the combined result to both left and right output sound stream) at start-up.

The "Turn on Mono" setting does not appear to take effect until after an (any?) application using windows sound is started. The "listen to microphone" setting IS in effect at start-up (however, the audio flow is still stereo, which is not intended.)

Here is the step-by-step:

1. Start Windows 10, no audio-based application running
    2. Ease of Access > Audio > Turn on Mono
    3. Sound Control Panel > Recording > (double click on) Microphone > Listen > [x] Listen to this Device

4. Reboot.

5. At this point, the "Turn on Mono" setting does not appear to be in effect (left and right audio channels are still distinct)

6. Start (any) windows sound application

7. At this point, the "Turn on Mono" setting DOES appear to be in effect (left and right channels are merged at input, and the merged audio is presented to both left and right audio outputs)

8. Stop the windows sound application

9. At this point, the "Turn on Mono" setting DOES appear to be in effect (left and right channels are merged at input, and the merged audio is presented to both left and right audio outputs)

Repeatable beginning at step 4.

I imagine this is not intended behavior, and I'm wondering if it's an oversight in Windows 10?

Thanks for any advice or attempts to duplicate this sequence.

Dave

wb0gaz, Feb 28, 2021
  3. Beats Audio not turning on

My Beats audio is not turning on when i plug my headphones in.I know my headphones does work. I went to the Beats Audio listed under setting and i am unable to turn it on. It just reads OFF. please help

Michelle Jessop, Feb 28, 2021
  4. turned on listen in audio mike how do I turn it off?

Headset mike not recognized - can't open Audio Manager

You could try going into settings and running the 'Troubleshooter'. Although this might not work as I think it may be a software/driver issue.

turned on listen in audio mike how do I turn it off? [​IMG]

Ah okay. I have had a look at the manufacture Nubwo, and there doesn't seem to be any official drivers or software listed.

Thus I would suggest we try and uninstall everything related to the headset, and then let everything install automatically, as it had done on the other desktop (assuming everything was automatically configured, and it just worked).

1.) See if you can first remove the Realtek Audio Manager 1.0.0.222 software by uninstalling it.
    • Settings > Apps > Click on the app and select 'Uninstall.'

2.) After that right click on Start menu (*Start) and select 'Device Manager'
    • Under the 'View' tab, select 'Show hidden devices'
    • Then click on the arrow before 'Sound, video and game controllers' as well as 'Audio inputs and outputs' (this should drop down to reveal a list of audio drivers and headsets)
    • I can help you with which driver (in relation to your headset) to uninstall, if you post back with a screenshot.

Optional.) Or if you are comfortable with knowing which driver to uninstall, then do so
    • Right click on the driver name > Uninstall (Check 'delete software for this device'). Perform a restart and plug the headset back in.

ellellell1, Feb 28, 2021
Thema:

turned on listen in audio mike how do I turn it off?

1. turned on listen in audio mike how do I turn it off? - Similar Threads - turned listen audio

2. How do I turn this off

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I turn this off: So, I accidentally turn on a setting in my computer which shows the keys I have pressed on my screen like some sort of history. I'm not sure if it's an accessability thing but I just want it gone. How do I turn this off?...
  3. How do I turn this off?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do I turn this off?: https://puu.sh/JdMQj/b384d1dc85.png This is a screen shot of what im talking about. See that window that pops up next to the scroll bar telling me what Im already looking at? Please someone tell me how to turn this off. Its so useless and distracting and just decided to show...
  4. How do I turn this off?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I turn this off?: https://puu.sh/JdMQj/b384d1dc85.png This is a screen shot of what im talking about. See that window that pops up next to the scroll bar telling me what Im already looking at? Please someone tell me how to turn this off. Its so useless and distracting and just decided to show...
  5. "Listen to this device" feature not turning off.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Listen to this device" feature not turning off.: I turned on the listen to this device feature on my microphone to see if it would help with another problem and after unchecking the box it still is playing back through my headphones. I tried many things, even turning off all audio devices, but somehow it still playing back....
  6. "Listen to this device" feature not turning off.

"Listen to this device" feature not turning off.: I turned on the listen to this device feature on my microphone to see if it would help with another problem and after unchecking the box it still is playing back through my headphones. I tried many things, even turning off all audio devices, but somehow it still playing back....
  7. "Listen to this device" feature not turning off.

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. How do i turn this off ?

How do i turn this off ?: I just got update and this appear in the right corner of the screen. It's oki but i want to turn off so i can move some folder in thereDoes anybody know how to turn that off ? Thank you...
  9. How do i turn this off ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do i turn this off ?: I just got update and this appear in the right corner of the screen. It's oki but i want to turn off so i can move some folder in thereDoes anybody know how to turn that off ? Thank you...
  10. "Listen to this device" feature not turning off

in Windows 10 Customization
    "Listen to this device" feature not turning off: I turned on the listen to this device feature on my microphone and after unchecking the box it still is playing back through my headphones. I tried many things but it still playing back. I need help turning it off because it can become annoying....