Windows 10: Turned on my PC for the first time in months, and after a few minutes this popped up and I...

Discus and support Turned on my PC for the first time in months, and after a few minutes this popped up and I... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/RacingFan34810 [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/RacingFan34810, Dec 6, 2020.

1. Turned on my PC for the first time in months, and after a few minutes this popped up and I...

/u/RacingFan34810, Dec 6, 2020

2. PC Build Steps

Ok just because I like steps i am going to create some steps. Please give me the stamp of approval/disapproval
    • Install system in case
      • Remember to connect SSD and optical to same SATA ports on motherboard
    • Turn on PC
    • setup HDD
    • run blend test in prime95 for 30-60 min
      • run realtemp at the same time
    • While in Prime95 test
      • if CPU goes above 70c in RealTemp, I have a leaky CPU
      • if my system locks up or blue screens, there is an instability in the system somewhere
      • if my system does not lock up or blue screen, my CPU is not damaged and I am in the clear!
    What do you guys think??

anandsap123, Dec 6, 2020
  3. jorog(2) Win User
    Display does not turn off when pc is idle

Just did all the suggestions. Did not work. Display does not turn off.

This issue was from the beginning when I downloaded Win 10. I had Win 8.1 and the display always turned off as I set it.

My pc is HP Pavilion Touchsmart 23 all-in-one. According to "checking for updated drivers on display and monitors", I always get the response that the drivers currently installed are the correct ones.

jorog(2), Dec 6, 2020
  4. SkogginsK Win User

Turned on my PC for the first time in months, and after a few minutes this popped up and I...

Parental Controls: Child PC Screen Time limits reset to "Max Scheduled" & allowed window resets to 24 hours/day

HI thanks for this suggestion. Sadly, I found that one a few months ago. Tried it at the time and it didn't work either Turned on my PC for the first time in months, and after a few minutes this popped up and I... :(

To answer your other question about access to my son's PC:

• For the test you suggested above (the 15 minutes etc.) I was away from the PC and he was using it. So it's possible he's somehow resetting the limits, BUT ..
    • A few days ago I sat at his PC and did the following test:
      • Logged into his account - checked and no limits
      • Switched to my account, set the limits there
      • Switched to his account - checked and limits working
      • Switched to my account, and after about 10-15 minutes the limits had reset
      • Switched to his account - no limits
      • The whole time I was at the PC and he was nearby but not at the PC so couldn't have adjusted the limits

SkogginsK, Dec 6, 2020
Thema:

Turned on my PC for the first time in months, and after a few minutes this popped up and I...

1. Turned on my PC for the first time in months, and after a few minutes this popped up and I... - Similar Threads - Turned months few

2. Desktop PC turned on for first time after 18 months

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Desktop PC turned on for first time after 18 months: Hi. I'm turning on my Win 10 Desktop PC for the first time for 18 months.It cannot be easily networked just at the moment but I need to log into it.I was expected a password which I know but am being asked for a PIN which I don't.Is there a way to reveal my PIN on another...
  3. Desktop PC turned on for first time after 18 months

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Desktop PC turned on for first time after 18 months: Hi. I'm turning on my Win 10 Desktop PC for the first time for 18 months.It cannot be easily networked just at the moment but I need to log into it.I was expected a password which I know but am being asked for a PIN which I don't.Is there a way to reveal my PIN on another...
  4. Desktop PC turned on for first time after 18 months

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. everytime I start up my pc (a few minutes after at least) my desktop will turn to this and...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    everytime I start up my pc (a few minutes after at least) my desktop will turn to this and...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/RedditorDoomham [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/mpi5o6/everytime_i_start_up_my_pc_a_few_minutes_after_at/
  6. Booted up Winblows for the first time in a few months to play the outer worlds new...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Booted up Winblows for the first time in a few months to play the outer worlds new...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/jlj945 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jmysfo/booted_up_winblows_for_the_first_time_in_a_few/
  7. Bluescreen after a few minutes of first startup of the day

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Bluescreen after a few minutes of first startup of the day: Help please, evertime i open my pc for the first time each day it always crash after a few minutes after booting up... Here is the minidump files: https://1drv.ms/u/s!AsoaxkmekTUpgQwq0u-It52KjmAH?e=jjLkKg...
  8. Notification popping up then disappearing every few minutes.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Notification popping up then disappearing every few minutes.: At random time intervals, usually between a few minutes to an hour, I get a notification saying: "C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.MicrosoftOfficeHub... Windows cannot access the specified device, path, or file. You may not have the appropriate permissions to access...
  9. PC fans turn on after a few minutes while asleep!

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    PC fans turn on after a few minutes while asleep!: Hi all! I've been having a strange issue with my wife's computer for almost a year now. When the computer is put into sleep mode, after a few minutes (ranging from 10-30 minutes) the fans will turn on, keeping power usage high. The display is still blank, and all accessories...
  10. PC fans turn on after a few minutes while asleep!

in Windows 10 Support
    PC fans turn on after a few minutes while asleep!: Hi all! I've been having a strange issue with my wife's computer for almost a year now. When the computer is put into sleep mode, after a few minutes (ranging from 10-30 minutes) the fans will turn on, keeping power usage high. The display is still blank, and all accessories...