Windows 10: Turning 2.4GHz off/ Turning ONLY 5GHz On?

Discus and support Turning 2.4GHz off/ Turning ONLY 5GHz On? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I don't want to "puck" anything up but I want to make sure that my combo router/ modem only uses the 5GHz (faster) band. I don't have any legacy items... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by phaedruspress, Jan 20, 2019.

1. Turning 2.4GHz off/ Turning ONLY 5GHz On?

I don't want to "puck" anything up but I want to make sure that my combo router/ modem only uses the 5GHz (faster) band. I don't have any legacy items (I think) that only works with 2.4GHz so I want to see what happens if I force the 5GHz band to be the only one. I think I know that the 5GHz band does not have the range that the 2.4GHz has but that should not be an issue. Bottom line router/ modem works flawlessly. I do use a wired Ethernet connection and I do not believe that switching over to only 5GHz would affect that, right?

So is it simply a matter of unticking the two boxes associated with the 2.4GHz and leaving the 5GHz band as is? TIA.

Turning 2.4GHz off/ Turning ONLY 5GHz On? [​IMG]

Turning 2.4GHz off/ Turning ONLY 5GHz On? [​IMG]

:)

phaedruspress, Jan 20, 2019
  2. OldMike65 Win User

I don't have any bluetooth devices but windows turned it on!!

Then if they are still on, try some of these steps listed below, Not all of these steps may not apply, but, step #2 and #4 should help. I have all 4 steps on myself.

1 Go to Device manager and DISABLE Bluetooth, Do Not remove!
    2 Turn USB suspend off
    3 Set Hard Drive or SSD to Never
    4 Turn Link State Power Management off
    Settings 2 thur 4 can be found in your Power Management Settings.
    Then click on "Change settings that are currently unavailable"
    Then Reboot your Computer. This does work, may come back if you shut OFF your computer,then turn it back on, if it does, just a reboot will turn it off again.

OldMike65, Jan 20, 2019
  3. 4ghz Club

Im ganna need to buy a beast stepping e8400 above or a q9550 or above *Big Grin Turning 2.4GHz off/ Turning ONLY 5GHz On? :D

3volvedcombat, Jan 20, 2019
  4. Turning 2.4GHz off/ Turning ONLY 5GHz On?

Turning off 2 step verification

Having recently upgraded my PC to windows 10 I was prompted to 2 step verification. the logic and reason is sound. However since doing this I cannot get into my hotmail.co.uk using my iPhone. I found a link to the
    solution when I removed the authenticator app on my phone. Only to find a similar issue dated 2013. I have logged in via my PC running Windows 10, my laptop running windows 7 Professional and an ipad going in via safari. NO WHERE is this option visible.

Turning off 2-Step Verification
    • In “Signing in & security” section of My Account, select 2-Step Verification. Sign in with your username, password, and verification
      code if asked.
    • Select Turn off 2-Step Verification.
    • A pop-up window will appear to confirm that you want to turn off 2-Step Verification. Select OK
    How can this be achieved. I use emails on my phone for work being self employed and it is causing me issues.

As this problem seems to have been around for a few years surely there must be a resolution now. I really do not want to have to drop my Hotmail account as it is widely known, but if no solution is available I will have no option.

Eric Castle, Jan 20, 2019
Thema:

Turning 2.4GHz off/ Turning ONLY 5GHz On?

1. Turning 2.4GHz off/ Turning ONLY 5GHz On? - Similar Threads - Turning 4GHz off

2. monitor turns off for 2 seconds when windows is turned on

in Windows 10 Gaming
    monitor turns off for 2 seconds when windows is turned on: When Windows is turned on, the monitor goes blank for 2 seconds, and then turns on. it looks very tense, it feels like he is reconnecting. it all started after reinstalling windows, it didn't happen before. new drivers. everything is fine with the monitor, new, the computer...
  3. monitor turns off for 2 seconds when windows is turned on

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    monitor turns off for 2 seconds when windows is turned on: When Windows is turned on, the monitor goes blank for 2 seconds, and then turns on. it looks very tense, it feels like he is reconnecting. it all started after reinstalling windows, it didn't happen before. new drivers. everything is fine with the monitor, new, the computer...
  4. monitor turns off for 2 seconds when windows is turned on

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. my pc wont turn on only the light is blinking. it turns on for a second and then turns off

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my pc wont turn on only the light is blinking. it turns on for a second and then turns off: i have not opened it yet, tried basics like holding for sometime and in and out but it isnt workingits a all in one DESKTOP-4K7J8UF and dosnt seem to keep on it turns on for a sec before going back into blinking lights with a interval of 1 sec pls help on this...
  6. my pc wont turn on only the light is blinking. it turns on for a second and then turns off

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    my pc wont turn on only the light is blinking. it turns on for a second and then turns off: i have not opened it yet, tried basics like holding for sometime and in and out but it isnt workingits a all in one DESKTOP-4K7J8UF and dosnt seem to keep on it turns on for a sec before going back into blinking lights with a interval of 1 sec pls help on this...
  7. my pc wont turn on only the light is blinking. it turns on for a second and then turns off

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  8. Screen turn off in 2 minutes

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Screen turn off in 2 minutes: Hey,Every time I leave the room, even for 2 minutes windows is locked and the display is turning off.Dynamic lock is off; andDisplay settings are:Does some has a clue how to stop it? Win 10...
  9. Laptop turns off exactly 2 seconds after I turn it on

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop turns off exactly 2 seconds after I turn it on: hey my other laptop turns off literally and exactly 2 secs after i on it any solutions?* Moved from Virus & Malware* Original title: laptop not working...
  10. Turning off language updates ONLY?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Turning off language updates ONLY?: Hello! I just upgraded and I'm really happy with Windows 10, except for this one thing. I constantly get these messages that say "something happened, we couldn't install a feature" or something to that effect. Windows is trying to install some language/typing updates,...