Windows 10: Turning a windows 10 computer set up as an adult to a Kids computer

Discus and support Turning a windows 10 computer set up as an adult to a Kids computer in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I got this new computer for my 9 year olds online learning with windows 10 OS. During the initial setup I used my Microsoft account to set it up and... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by ErnestWithanage, Oct 17, 2021.

1. Turning a windows 10 computer set up as an adult to a Kids computer

I got this new computer for my 9 year olds online learning with windows 10 OS. During the initial setup I used my Microsoft account to set it up and it’s been configured as an adult computer. She had been using this for nearly 6 months now and I need to change it to a kids computer for obvious reasons. What a nightmare. Why isn’t there a magic switch with some settings ofcourse to do this. You have to have a kids account registered and then you have to reinstall all the games, apps and personel files to the new accout. And how do you copy the purchases and progress you have made in the pr

:)

ErnestWithanage, Oct 17, 2021
  2. Ryan Fra Win User

Removing an adult from my computer

Hi Destiny,

To help you remove or delete the Adult account, please follow these steps:

• Click Windows logo, then select Settings.
    • Select Accounts, click on Family & other users on the left side, click on
      Manage family settings online link.
    • Click on Remove under Adults in Your family.
    • Click on the adult account you want to remove, and click on Remove.

You can also check this link
    for other steps.

Please let us know the result and if you need further help

Ryan Fra, Oct 17, 2021
  3. _JP_ Win User
    Computer Randomly Turns on From Sleep

I only saw this thread now, otherwise I would have suggested this sooner.
    I had that same problem you are having, my computer was waking-up from S3 and the culprit was my X7 mouse.
    powercfg -lastwake also listed the HID keyboard device which was an extension of the mouse.
    Besides going in device manager and setting everything to not being able to wake-up the computer from S3, I also did this to the power profiles:

Turning a windows 10 computer set up as an adult to a Kids computer nousbwakeup.jpg

Worked for me.

4. Eric Ber Win User

Turning a windows 10 computer set up as an adult to a Kids computer

Windows 10: computer keeps tabbing out of currently used program

Hi Sheyshen,

To assist you better, kindly answer the questions below:

• Have you made any changes to your computer prior to this issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • Have you tried updating your Windows 10 computer to its latest update?
    • Have you tried to turn off the Get tips, tricks and suggestions as you use Windows
      in the Notification & Actions Settings of your Windows 10 and see if you will still encounter the same issue?

If you are not able to turn off that in the Notification & Actions Settings, you can follow the steps below:

• Press the Windows key.
    • Type Notifications & Actions.
    • Deselect the option Get tips, tricks, and suggestions as you use Windows.
    • Restart your computer.

Regards.

Eric Ber, Oct 17, 2021
Thema:

Turning a windows 10 computer set up as an adult to a Kids computer

1. Turning a windows 10 computer set up as an adult to a Kids computer - Similar Threads - Turning computer set

2. reset this computer to adult settings

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    reset this computer to adult settings: reset this computer to adult settings? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/reset-this-computer-to-adult-settings/2ff0e724-2610-4f48-8065-dd2386e6cffc
  3. reset this computer to adult settings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    reset this computer to adult settings: reset this computer to adult settings? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/reset-this-computer-to-adult-settings/2ff0e724-2610-4f48-8065-dd2386e6cffc
  4. Turning a windows 10 computer set up as an adult to a Kids computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Turning a windows 10 computer set up as an adult to a Kids computer: I got this new computer for my 9 year olds online learning with windows 10 OS. During the initial setup I used my Microsoft account to set it up and it’s been configured as an adult computer. She had been using this for nearly 6 months now and I need to change it to a kids...
  5. Turning a windows 10 computer set up as an adult to a Kids computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Turning a windows 10 computer set up as an adult to a Kids computer: I got this new computer for my 9 year olds online learning with windows 10 OS. During the initial setup I used my Microsoft account to set it up and it’s been configured as an adult computer. She had been using this for nearly 6 months now and I need to change it to a kids...
  6. Windows 10 and computer set up

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 and computer set up: HI, My wife uses MS products at school. Her school has a licence for software as educational. In setting up our new PC we were forced to create a hotmail account for logging into the pc. We then wanted to use office 365 and all other parts using her school email...
  7. Advice on setting up a Windows 10 computer for the kids

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Advice on setting up a Windows 10 computer for the kids: I want to repurpose my old Microsoft Surface Pro into a computer for the kids. For this, I am planning to reset the Surface to completely delete work related documents and start fresh. All is good so far as I am comfortable with this step. Where I am facing a dilemma, is...
  8. Setting up accounts for kids

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Setting up accounts for kids: Hi I'd like to be able to set up two accounts for the kids on the laptop. One where they can access minecraft, roblox etc. The other where these are blocked so they can only access educational websites that I choose. Is there a way to do this please?...
  9. setting up windows on a second computer

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    setting up windows on a second computer: How do I do this. I want to have the program on two computers owned by me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/setting-up-windows-on-a-second-computer/e6981340-10cd-4431-8cce-e3c196229417
  10. Computer Set-up - Windows 10 accounts

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Computer Set-up - Windows 10 accounts: I have a new computer and I currently have a microsoft account that I've set-up for Admin that is associated with my email. I would like to use that email on my user account rather than my admin account, as it's the email I use for everything. How do I remove the email from...