Windows 10: Turning Game Mode off disables my controller

Discus and support Turning Game Mode off disables my controller in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I'm a streamer who uses OBS. OBS devs have warned Windows 10 users to turn off game mode because it takes away too many resources from OBS, which... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by jenevra, Jan 13, 2019.

1. jenevra Win User

Turning Game Mode off disables my controller

I'm a streamer who uses OBS. OBS devs have warned Windows 10 users to turn off game mode because it takes away too many resources from OBS, which results in low quality streams. I turned it off as advised, but noticed the my wireless Xbox 1 controller no longer works.

The adapter is plugged in, the light is on, and is listed with the rest of my devices.

The controller is on, and I've used it without a problem before turning off game mode.

My wired controller still works when game mode is off.

Is there a way to turn off game mode and still have my wireless controller function?

:)

jenevra, Jan 13, 2019
  2. GRB70 Win User

Disable game mode

Other than
    which doesn't open a game bar, is there another way to disable? Some kind of workaround?

TYVM Turning Game Mode off disables my controller :)

grb

GRB70, Jan 13, 2019
  3. Game controller ID settings

Hi Joe,

Thank you for the update. I understand your concern.

I would suggest you to look for the Devices settings in Control Panel and check if the game controllers are listed. If so, refer to the following steps to alter the settings and check if these are helpful in resolving your issue.

a. Right click on one of your game controllers and click Game Controller Settings. Note where in the list it is. If it is not at the top proceed to the next step.

b. Right click and remove all your other controllers (not the 360/gamepad) and let them reinstall automatically.

c. Once complete right click and check the list again and see if the 360 controller/gamepad is at the top. If so, give the game another try and see if it detects your controller.

If the issue still persists, restart your console and then try to reconnect your controller.

Hope this information is helpful. Please post back your results for further assistance.

Harkanwar Singh, Jan 13, 2019
  4. Turning Game Mode off disables my controller

Game Mode Win10

Hi,

Game Mode is automatically enabled to some games only. There are some games that require you to manually enable Game Mode before you can use this feature on your Windows 10 device.

To manually turn on Game Mode, you can follow the steps below:

• Press the Windows key on your keyboard + G.
    • Select Settings.
    • In the General tab, select the check box for Game Mode.

If you have any other queries, feel free to post your concerns here anytime.

Loraine Mon, Jan 13, 2019
Thema:

Turning Game Mode off disables my controller

1. Turning Game Mode off disables my controller - Similar Threads - Turning Game Mode

2. Game Mode & Game Bar won't turn off

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Game Mode & Game Bar won't turn off: I've turned both Game mode and Xbox Game Bar off in my settings, but somehow this hasn't turned off either of these. I'm not entirely sure what to do, any help would be appreciated....
  3. Game Mode & Game Bar won't turn off

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Game Mode & Game Bar won't turn off: I've turned both Game mode and Xbox Game Bar off in my settings, but somehow this hasn't turned off either of these. I'm not entirely sure what to do, any help would be appreciated....
  4. Game Mode keeps turning off on Windows 11, Game Mode is disabled.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Game Mode keeps turning off on Windows 11, Game Mode is disabled.: I have gone in my settings and turned game mode off settings>gaming>game mode then turned the switch to off and also followed the steps I found in this answer...
  5. Game Mode keeps turning off on Windows 11, Game Mode is disabled.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Game Mode keeps turning off on Windows 11, Game Mode is disabled.: I have gone in my settings and turned game mode off settings>gaming>game mode then turned the switch to off and also followed the steps I found in this answer...
  6. Game Mode keeps turning on and off on Windows 10, Game Mode is disabled.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Game Mode keeps turning on and off on Windows 10, Game Mode is disabled.: I have gone in my settings and turned game mode off settings>gaming>game mode then turned the switch to off and also followed the steps I found in this answer...
  7. How to DISABLE (not just turn off) sleep mode

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to DISABLE (not just turn off) sleep mode: To make it clear I want the pc to be incapable of sleep mode even if it is selected in the power settings. IE sleep after x minutes is selected the PC should still NOT go into sleep mode. Even if a command is issued to go into sleep mode it should return an error....
  8. How do you turn off Game Mode?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do you turn off Game Mode?: [ATTACH]Why????? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-you-turn-off-game-mode/ab350f2a-26a7-429e-a81e-1f2c6076f017
  9. Turn On or Off Game Mode in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off Game Mode in Windows 10: How to: Turn On or Off Game Mode in Windows 10 How to Turn On or Off Game Mode in Windows 10 Starting with Windows 10 build 15019, a new Game Mode feature has been added that can optimize your Windows 10 PC for an improvement in game performance and best possible...
  10. Turn On or Off Game Mode Notifications in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off Game Mode Notifications in Windows 10: How to: Turn On or Off Game Mode Notifications in Windows 10 [img] Information Starting with Game Mode feature has been added that can optimize your Windows 10 PC for an improvement in game performance and best possible experience. When you turn on the Game Mode...