Windows 10: Turning Game Mode off disables my controller

Discus and support Turning Game Mode off disables my controller in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I'm a streamer who uses OBS. OBS devs have warned Windows 10 users to turn off game mode because it takes away too many resources from OBS, which... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by jenevra, Jan 13, 2019 at 12:17 AM.

1. jenevra Win User

Turning Game Mode off disables my controller

I'm a streamer who uses OBS. OBS devs have warned Windows 10 users to turn off game mode because it takes away too many resources from OBS, which results in low quality streams. I turned it off as advised, but noticed the my wireless Xbox 1 controller no longer works.

The adapter is plugged in, the light is on, and is listed with the rest of my devices.

The controller is on, and I've used it without a problem before turning off game mode.

My wired controller still works when game mode is off.

Is there a way to turn off game mode and still have my wireless controller function?

:)

2. GRB70 Win User

Disable game mode

Other than
    which doesn't open a game bar, is there another way to disable? Some kind of workaround?

TYVM Turning Game Mode off disables my controller :)

grb

3. Game controller ID settings

Hi Joe,

Thank you for the update. I understand your concern.

I would suggest you to look for the Devices settings in Control Panel and check if the game controllers are listed. If so, refer to the following steps to alter the settings and check if these are helpful in resolving your issue.

a. Right click on one of your game controllers and click Game Controller Settings. Note where in the list it is. If it is not at the top proceed to the next step.

b. Right click and remove all your other controllers (not the 360/gamepad) and let them reinstall automatically.

c. Once complete right click and check the list again and see if the 360 controller/gamepad is at the top. If so, give the game another try and see if it detects your controller.

If the issue still persists, restart your console and then try to reconnect your controller.

Hope this information is helpful. Please post back your results for further assistance.

Harkanwar Singh, Jan 13, 2019 at 12:20 AM
  4. Turning Game Mode off disables my controller

Game Mode Win10

Hi,

Game Mode is automatically enabled to some games only. There are some games that require you to manually enable Game Mode before you can use this feature on your Windows 10 device.

To manually turn on Game Mode, you can follow the steps below:

• Press the Windows key on your keyboard + G.
    • Select Settings.
    • In the General tab, select the check box for Game Mode.

If you have any other queries, feel free to post your concerns here anytime.

Thema:

Turning Game Mode off disables my controller

1. Turning Game Mode off disables my controller - Similar Threads - Turning Game Mode

2. Disable game mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disable game mode: Other than Enable (and disable) Game Mode Inside your game, press Windows Key + G to open the Game Bar. This should release your cursor. Now, find the Game Mode icon on the right side of the bar as shown below. Click to toggle Game Mode on or off. Click on your game or...
  3. Disable game mode

in Windows 10 Support
    Disable game mode: Other than Enable (and disable) Game Mode Inside your game, press Windows Key + G to open the Game Bar. This should release your cursor. Now, find the Game Mode icon on the right side of the bar as shown below. Click to toggle Game Mode on or off. Click on your game or...
  4. How do you turn off Game Mode?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do you turn off Game Mode?: [ATTACH]Why????? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-you-turn-off-game-mode/ab350f2a-26a7-429e-a81e-1f2c6076f017
  5. Turning off Airplane Mode

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Turning off Airplane Mode: How do I turn off airplane mode on my computer, when the wifi/airplane mode icon on the taskbar does not work? (I have clicked on the wifi icon, then on "airplane mode", but nothing changes and cannot turn the mode off)....
  6. Turning off safe mode

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Turning off safe mode: Dudes I encounter a lot of problems with Safe Mode. However I cannot turn off this feature. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/turning-off-safe-mode/1b25bdef-6575-451c-b76e-fa4b4c92226f
  7. How to Turn Off Game Mode Notifications in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to Turn Off Game Mode Notifications in Windows 10: [ATTACH] Windows 10 has native gaming support using Game Mode feature. This feature brings along the Game Bar which is basically a set of control to record, broadcast, take a screenshot, and turn game mode on or off. While everything is [...] This post How to Turn Off Game...
  8. Airplane Mode ON no option to turn off

Airplane Mode ON no option to turn off: Hello, All of a sudden my airplane mode has turned on. I have tried a ton of stuff other people have recommended, to no avail. I have tried the FN button stuff, double clicking the icon, going into device manager and looking at radio management, etc. I have some...
  9. Airplane mode wouldn't turn off

Airplane mode wouldn't turn off: So basically can't use internet I have an 8 years old Sony VAIO laptop and it was getting real slow lately, so I decided to buy an SSD (Samsung 850 EVO 250gb). Installed it yesterday and then installed Win 10 on it. Then I saw that net wasn't working so I restarted just in...
  10. Turn On or Off Game Mode in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off Game Mode in Windows 10: Worth a watch. LfoJO_eThTY 75936