Windows 10: turning new weather icon that accesses news as well

Discus and support turning new weather icon that accesses news as well in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; The Weather icon is annoying and gets in the way of using my computer on the task bar.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by ArthurBlomberg, Jun 20, 2021.

1. turning new weather icon that accesses news as well

The Weather icon is annoying and gets in the way of using my computer on the task bar.

:)

ArthurBlomberg, Jun 20, 2021
  2. zooburner Win User

Turn off weather in new tab page in edge.

Hi there, thanks for your response, for some reason that does not appear as an option for me.

turning new weather icon that accesses news as well [​IMG]

zooburner, Jun 20, 2021
  3. Turn off weather in new tab page in edge.

Hi, zooburner,

Yes, if you look at the new tab page, there is a gear icon on the right-hand corner of the new tab page, click on that then

1. Click Custom
    2. Turn off Show Greetings

This will turn off your local weather. If you also want a blank tab: in custom choose Off in Background.

Guardian Angel, Jun 20, 2021
  4. turning new weather icon that accesses news as well

Weather and News system icon tray suggestion

Since recent updates you can no longer scroll through cortana to see the news or the weather. So can Microsoft make a news and also a weather widget in the system icon tray to view them both.

Andrew Sp., Jun 20, 2021
Thema:

turning new weather icon that accesses news as well

1. turning new weather icon that accesses news as well - Similar Threads - turning weather icon

2. News/Weather bar sometimes turns into a newspaper icon.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    News/Weather bar sometimes turns into a newspaper icon.: Okay, this has been happening once in a while since I ever got the update that introduced this however I been curious what and why does it happen?It basically removes the weather from my bar and reduces the thing to a simple newspaper icon, clicking or hovering on it shows...
  3. News/Weather bar sometimes turns into a newspaper icon.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    News/Weather bar sometimes turns into a newspaper icon.: Okay, this has been happening once in a while since I ever got the update that introduced this however I been curious what and why does it happen?It basically removes the weather from my bar and reduces the thing to a simple newspaper icon, clicking or hovering on it shows...
  4. News/Weather bar sometimes turns into a newspaper icon.

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. The weather and news icon on the task bar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The weather and news icon on the task bar: The weather and news icon on the task bar is having trouble getting through my firewall. I need to know it's name in order to give it access. What name does it have?...
  6. The weather and news icon on the task bar

The weather and news icon on the task bar: The weather and news icon on the task bar is having trouble getting through my firewall. I need to know it's name in order to give it access. What name does it have?...
  7. New News & Weather Icon in Taskbar, Covers Overflow Arrow.

New News & Weather Icon in Taskbar, Covers Overflow Arrow.: A new "News & Weather" icon has appeared in the notifications area of my taskbar.It totally covers / obscures the "Overflow" button up-arrow which I do use frequently to get to hidden buttons like eject ext hdd, and also covers up the speaker volume button.So I had to turn...
  8. News and Interests ‘Weather Icon’ change

News and Interests ‘Weather Icon’ change: Windows 10 Pro 21H1 (19043.1081) Has anyone had the Weather Icon change and do nothing recently? This morning my icon changed to that in the image below and started to corrupt the Notification icons. The Notification Area corruption issue apparently is a known issue and MS...
  9. Weather / News Icon on the Taskbar

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Weather / News Icon on the Taskbar: After a recent Win 10 update this weather / news icon appeared on the taskbar, ciecled in red. Can it be removed? Keeps opening up when I try and see the Hidden Icons!...
  10. No weather icon for "News & Interests" on taskbar

No weather icon for "News & Interests" on taskbar: Since the last Windows 10 Professional update I got the new "News and Interests" feature, but when enabling it and enabling either "N&I->Show icon and text" or "N&I->Show icon only" I cannot see the weather icon on the task bar. I only see the test message when selecting...