Windows 10: Turning off AntiVirus, Firewall, and Protection: I followd the posted steps. Epic Fail

Discus and support Turning off AntiVirus, Firewall, and Protection: I followd the posted steps. Epic Fail in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; There is a one-paragraph explanation about how to disarm Security, Antivirus, and Firewall protection. I followed those steps, each one. Until "Manage... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by DarlaCloud, Jun 23, 2019.

1. Turning off AntiVirus, Firewall, and Protection: I followd the posted steps. Epic Fail

There is a one-paragraph explanation about how to disarm Security, Antivirus, and Firewall protection. I followed those steps, each one. Until "Manage Settings (or Virus and Threat Protection Settings)… I couldn't fine either of those headings. Nor could I find the very last step which says, "Realtime Protection to OFF"

I have to be able to turn the protection(s) on and off each time I teach my overseas classes. So I must have a step by step set of directions that works on this brand new HP laptop that I have. This is a new job for me, and I am expected to be able to easily perform this function.

Please help me!

Thank you, in advance.

:)

DarlaCloud, Jun 23, 2019

2. Good Antivirus + Firewall

I would never put anything Norton on my computer.

Nod32 is arguably the best antivirus. AVG is likely not as good, but it's free and at least pretty good.

Firewalls, I'd put Comodo and whatever "Tiny Personal Firewall" is named nowadays on your short list. I think Kerio might have sold it now and it's named something else. Otherwise, just put Comodo on your short list. I think the current version's ease of use has taken a step backwards, seems a bit counter-intuitive when trying to do certain things with it, but overall it does a good job and the price is right.

Deusxmachina, Jun 23, 2019
  3. Firewall & Antivirus Issues

Hi desiree!!!

• Any changes made on the computer prior to this concern? JUST THE UPDATES YOU CAN SEE ON THE SCREENSHOT, NOTHING ELSE...

• What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far? RESTARTING COMPUTER ONLY
    • Are you getting any error messages when trying to enable the said applications? NO ERROR MESSAGESARE BEING RETRIEVED WHEN FIREWALL OR ANTIVIRUS ARE ENABLED, NOTHIMG HAPPENS WHEN THEY'RE CLICKED

Chris Alvarado, Jun 23, 2019
  4. trt740 Win User

Turning off AntiVirus, Firewall, and Protection: I followd the posted steps. Epic Fail

Post your source for the best Stepping for Amd 64's and Optys

Post your Stepping and o/c for Amd 64's Am2 /939 and Optys

can anyone point me in the direction of a good site which lists stepping codes for which cpu's over clock the best

trt740, Jun 23, 2019
Thema:

Turning off AntiVirus, Firewall, and Protection: I followd the posted steps. Epic Fail

1. Turning off AntiVirus, Firewall, and Protection: I followd the posted steps. Epic Fail - Similar Threads - Turning off AntiVirus

2. Firewall turned off

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Firewall turned off: Why am I receiving message firewall is turned off, but when I check security firewall is on? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/firewall-turned-off/c12a23bd-426d-4406-91d4-54f50be196cd
  3. Windows antivirus and threat protection will not turn on.

Windows antivirus and threat protection will not turn on.: I have windows 10 and I got a message to turn on Windows Antivirus and threat protection. I went to my settings and it won't let me turn it on. It says this is run by my organization. I don't have an organization. I downloaded and ran the Microsoft malicious removal tool it...
  4. Temporarily turn off protection.

Temporarily turn off protection.: Hello. I've been trying to run an executable but receive a message stating that Windows has prevented the .exe because it's unknown. Is there a way to temporarily allow this .exe to run? The message comes within a blue square.[ATTACH]...
  5. turn off antivirus protection

turn off antivirus protection: How do I turn off virus and threat protection https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/turn-off-antivirus-protection/02f78b71-a7fe-4857-8575-978200f555c6
  6. Firewall and antivirus

Firewall and antivirus: How can I have both my antivirus' firewall - (Kaspersky) and Window defender's firewall at the same time? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/firewall-and-antivirus/d17b9b0e-76fb-434f-8a57-2d186544c643"
  7. Turning off Windows Defender Firewall fails

Turning off Windows Defender Firewall fails: Under "Control Panel\System and Security\Windows Defender Firewall\Customize Settings", I clicked "Turn off Windows Defender Firewall (not recommended)", for both "Private network settings" and "Public Network settings", and clicked "OK". The window I got after that said...
  8. Free AntiVirus program w/configurable firewall protection

Free AntiVirus program w/configurable firewall protection: Hello, After much aggravation, I determined that my AntiVirus program was not letting me run the web interface for my home automation program all of a sudden. I disabled the firewall part and still have Windows Firewall on. Is there any AntiVirus program that can allow...
  9. Should I turn off Windows Firewall?

Should I turn off Windows Firewall?: Hey, Just got this firewall "Glasswire" and was wondering if I should turn off Windows 10 Firewall while I'm using it? I'm just not sure if Glasswire gives me as much protection as the Windows one give me. -Thanks! 19741
  10. System Protection Turned Off

in Windows 10 Support
    System Protection Turned Off: After the upgrade from 8.1 pro to 10, i noticed system protection was turned off. I went ahead and turned it back on and moved the slider back to ten percent. Any reason why the upgrade turned it off? Any reason not to turn it on? Thanks, Mike 9926