Windows 10: Turning off AntiVirus, Firewall, and Protection: I followd the posted steps. Epic Fail

Discus and support Turning off AntiVirus, Firewall, and Protection: I followd the posted steps. Epic Fail in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; There is a one-paragraph explanation about how to disarm Security, Antivirus, and Firewall protection. I followed those steps, each one. Until "Manage... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by DarlaCloud, Jun 23, 2019.

1. Turning off AntiVirus, Firewall, and Protection: I followd the posted steps. Epic Fail

There is a one-paragraph explanation about how to disarm Security, Antivirus, and Firewall protection. I followed those steps, each one. Until "Manage Settings (or Virus and Threat Protection Settings)… I couldn't fine either of those headings. Nor could I find the very last step which says, "Realtime Protection to OFF"

I have to be able to turn the protection(s) on and off each time I teach my overseas classes. So I must have a step by step set of directions that works on this brand new HP laptop that I have. This is a new job for me, and I am expected to be able to easily perform this function.

Please help me!

Thank you, in advance.

:)

DarlaCloud, Jun 23, 2019

2. Good Antivirus + Firewall

I would never put anything Norton on my computer.

Nod32 is arguably the best antivirus. AVG is likely not as good, but it's free and at least pretty good.

Firewalls, I'd put Comodo and whatever "Tiny Personal Firewall" is named nowadays on your short list. I think Kerio might have sold it now and it's named something else. Otherwise, just put Comodo on your short list. I think the current version's ease of use has taken a step backwards, seems a bit counter-intuitive when trying to do certain things with it, but overall it does a good job and the price is right.

Deusxmachina, Jun 23, 2019
  3. Firewall & Antivirus Issues

Hi desiree!!!

• Any changes made on the computer prior to this concern? JUST THE UPDATES YOU CAN SEE ON THE SCREENSHOT, NOTHING ELSE...

• What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far? RESTARTING COMPUTER ONLY
    • Are you getting any error messages when trying to enable the said applications? NO ERROR MESSAGESARE BEING RETRIEVED WHEN FIREWALL OR ANTIVIRUS ARE ENABLED, NOTHIMG HAPPENS WHEN THEY'RE CLICKED

Chris Alvarado, Jun 23, 2019
  4. trt740 Win User

Turning off AntiVirus, Firewall, and Protection: I followd the posted steps. Epic Fail

Post your source for the best Stepping for Amd 64's and Optys

Post your Stepping and o/c for Amd 64's Am2 /939 and Optys

can anyone point me in the direction of a good site which lists stepping codes for which cpu's over clock the best

trt740, Jun 23, 2019
Thema:

Turning off AntiVirus, Firewall, and Protection: I followd the posted steps. Epic Fail

1. Turning off AntiVirus, Firewall, and Protection: I followd the posted steps. Epic Fail - Similar Threads - Turning off AntiVirus

2. I'm unable to turn on the windows firewall protection and windows defender antivirus...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I'm unable to turn on the windows firewall protection and windows defender antivirus...: I'm unable to turn on the windows firewall protection and windows defender antivirus protection for my laptop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/im-unable-to-turn-on-the-windows-firewall/afb5e856-c5b1-46ee-97f9-ee7810ab0deb
  3. I'm unable to turn on the windows firewall protection and windows defender antivirus...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I'm unable to turn on the windows firewall protection and windows defender antivirus...: I'm unable to turn on the windows firewall protection and windows defender antivirus protection for my laptop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/im-unable-to-turn-on-the-windows-firewall/afb5e856-c5b1-46ee-97f9-ee7810ab0deb
  4. how to turn off Firewall protection messages.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    how to turn off Firewall protection messages.: I'll try to be nice but Microsoft is making me mad again.I keep getting notifications to turn on the Firewall & network protection.How can I turn this off.I can't use the Windows firewall because it will interfere with our printing. I use another software for antivirus and...
  5. how to turn off Firewall protection messages.

how to turn off Firewall protection messages.: I'll try to be nice but Microsoft is making me mad again.I keep getting notifications to turn on the Firewall & network protection.How can I turn this off.I can't use the Windows firewall because it will interfere with our printing. I use another software for antivirus and...
  6. Unable to turn off Windows firewall and antivirus

Unable to turn off Windows firewall and antivirus: Hi,Our computers are joined to AzureAD and managed by Intune. I have a problem turning off Windows firewall and virus protection setting, it show "The setting is managed by your administrator". I have checked my Intune configuration setting and had excluded all related policy...
  7. antivirus/firewall protection

antivirus/firewall protection: will another virus protection like Norton interfere with the windows firewall etc how are they compatible and is it necessary to have both? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/antivirusfirewall-protection/154c365d-95f3-454f-85a8-7ea043e0a190
  8. turn off antivirus protection

turn off antivirus protection: How do I turn off virus and threat protection https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/turn-off-antivirus-protection/02f78b71-a7fe-4857-8575-978200f555c6
  9. Turning off Windows Defender Firewall fails

Turning off Windows Defender Firewall fails: Under "Control Panel\System and Security\Windows Defender Firewall\Customize Settings", I clicked "Turn off Windows Defender Firewall (not recommended)", for both "Private network settings" and "Public Network settings", and clicked "OK". The window I got after that said...
  10. Turn On or Off Tamper Protection for Windows Defender Antivirus

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off Tamper Protection for Windows Defender Antivirus: How to: Turn On or Off Tamper Protection for Windows Defender Antivirus How to Turn On or Off Tamper Protection for Windows Defender Antivirus in Windows 10 Starting with Windows 10 build 18305, Microsoft introduced Tamper Protection. Tamper Protection is a new...