Windows 10: Turning off at random times

Discus and support Turning off at random times in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; This happens sometimes when my laptop suddenly turns off showing a completely black screen. But, when i look at the power off button, it still lit up.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by TheCommunityReaper, May 13, 2020.

1. Turning off at random times

This happens sometimes when my laptop suddenly turns off showing a completely black screen. But, when i look at the power off button, it still lit up. This happens when i play games or write in documents. It turns off really early when i play games, but i takes longer a couple of minuteshour when i write in documents. I tried looking into one of HP's video tutorials but the didn't work. I also tried deleting large files on this laptop, but that didn't work. I tried troubleshooting and not remove the personal files, That didn't work. I tried looking into other peoples video tutorials those didn't work. To this point, I don't really think anything works.

:)

TheCommunityReaper, May 13, 2020
  2. ARC
    Arc Win User

Random BSOD while browsing internet

BitDefender is nothing special. mwac.sys causes BSODs anywhere.
    A tiny documentation can be found here: Solved Random BSODs - Windows 10 Forums
    In that very thread, the suggested action apparently worked.

The storage and network filters of any third party antivirus can cause BSODs. Neither MBAM nor BitDefender is any special. For a regular antivirus, it may be shifted to an alternative; but MBAM has no alternative. So a clean install of the said program is the most feasible first step.
    As far as the first step is not failing, it is better to not think for the second step. Because the BSODs are not universal, failure at the first step is not universal; and success at the second step is also not universal.
    That is why I posted that my suggestion may work, or may not. Let us see where it goes.

3. jonahst10 Win User
    Windows 10 desktop turning itself on at random times

First post so let me know if you guys need more info.

I have a gaming computer I built ~3 years ago, upgraded from 7 to 10 when it was free, and I shut it down whenever I'm not using it. For the last six months or so it's powered itself on at random times of the day (and night), with no clear indication in Event Viewer as to why. I have a local backup configured to run once a week on Sunday afternoon, and virus scans say the computer is clean. It's gotten to the point where I can look over at it at any point in the day and it will be on.

Because of the way I need it set up, I recently (more recently than this problem has been occurring) set my computer up to stay awake for 3 hours after inactivity, so having it turn itself on and stay on for no reason is messing with my power bill. Any suggestions as to what may be causing it? Some weird Windows update policy or such?

I'll be back at my computer later today and can look for specific Event Viewer events then. Any suggestions or recommendations are appreciated.

jonahst10, May 13, 2020
  4. Turning off at random times

I can't turn on Windows Defender Real Time Protection

We appreciate your response. We suggest that you try to turn on Windows Defender Real Time Protection from a Hidden Administrator account. To enable Hidden Administrator, the following are the steps:

• Right-click on the Start button and select Command Prompt (Admin).
    • In the command prompt, type in net user administrator /active:yes and press Enter.
    • Log out and log back in using the Administrator account.

Let us know if you require further assistance.

Hector Mad, May 13, 2020
Thema:

Turning off at random times

1. Turning off at random times - Similar Threads - Turning off random

2. Computer randomly turns off

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer randomly turns off: For a while now, I have began to notice my computer randomly shutting off without any user input to do so. this can happen when I'm either running an RDP or playing games. I've searched online and I have tried methods such as Check Disk, Memory Diagnostic and System File...
  3. Laptop turns off randomly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop turns off randomly: Hello my laptop is randomly turning off and when i try to start it LEDs light up then second later turns off i don't know what is the issue . Laptop is not overheating I cleaned it and new thermal paste i can't open windows at all...
  4. Laptop turns off randomly

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop turns off randomly: Hello my laptop is randomly turning off and when i try to start it LEDs light up then second later turns off i don't know what is the issue . Laptop is not overheating I cleaned it and new thermal paste i can't open windows at all...
  5. display randomly turns off

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    display randomly turns off: since i updated windows there have been randomly turning off after startup but the cpu seems to be running and audio also stops. sometimes it happens just for the first start then i restart the computer and it doesn't occur after for whole session. it happens only when i...
  6. display randomly turns off

display randomly turns off: since i updated windows there have been randomly turning off after startup but the cpu seems to be running and audio also stops. sometimes it happens just for the first start then i restart the computer and it doesn't occur after for whole session. it happens only when i...
  7. Pc randomly Turning off

Pc randomly Turning off: Hello, since yesterday morning my pc has been stuttering, freezing and turning off not long after being turned on. I can’t even open a browser without it crashing. What is this? And how could I potentially resolve it? Thanks....
  8. Microphone turns on and off randomly

Microphone turns on and off randomly: Hi, Ever since I changed Windows versions (a while ago), my sound turns on and off randomly. When it does it is rapidly turning on and off -so much so, that I can't use my mouse for 30seconds to a minute at a time. And, the turn on/off moments are quite frequent. (I'm on...
  9. Monitor turns off randomly

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Monitor turns off randomly: My monitor turns off randomly. It comes back on after I restart the computer. Today it took 4 tries. Also, sometimes the screen randomly becomes magnified. Help?! Thank you in advance...
  10. Computer turning off at random times - No error code unfortunately

Computer turning off at random times - No error code unfortunately: Hi guys I have been having a bit of problem with my computer - I have windows 10 installed It feels like approximately every second night my computer is turning off by itself at night and I have no reason why - I was wondering if any one could have a quick look at the...