Windows 10: Turning off Bluetooth speakers causes ALL my media programs to PLAY??

Discus and support Turning off Bluetooth speakers causes ALL my media programs to PLAY?? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Throughout the day I have multiple media programs open (e.g. Spotify, Foobar2000, Media Player Classic). What's been driving me crazy is that after I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/GoGoZeoGold, Aug 9, 2020.

1. Turning off Bluetooth speakers causes ALL my media programs to PLAY??

Throughout the day I have multiple media programs open (e.g. Spotify, Foobar2000, Media Player Classic). What's been driving me crazy is that after I turn off my Bluetooth speakers, Windows decides to basically hit the Play button on ALL my programs regardless of whether they were on Pause/Stop.

This is a bigger annoyance when my Bluetooth speakers automatically turn off after being idle with silence for some time, thus starting ALL my music and blasting it through my laptop speakers when I've left the room to do something else.

Is there any way to prevent Windows from auto-playing all my programs? Tried Googling while filtering out solutions related to Android, iPhone, CarPlay, but no such luck for Windows. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

submitted by /u/GoGoZeoGold
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/GoGoZeoGold, Aug 9, 2020
  2. HojabrA Win User

I don't have any bluetooth devices but windows turned it on!!

1. I have no bluetooth devices in devices manager.
    2,3,4. they all turned off before.

reboot or shutdown doesn't solved it.
    i have USB wireless Mouse/Keyborad. i plug it out and use PS/2 but nothing.
    i used DISM to repair image.

i tried everything but its not make any changes and windows still showing Bluetooth turned on.
    a few days ago it was not even showing Bluetooth in Action Center but i don't understand what happened, no devices added or changed in my PC, no software Installed or Uninstalled, not a single Settings Changed in Windows or BIOS!!!

HojabrA, Aug 9, 2020
  3. OldMike65 Win User
    I don't have any bluetooth devices but windows turned it on!!

Then if they are still on, try some of these steps listed below, Not all of these steps may not apply, but, step #2 and #4 should help. I have all 4 steps on myself.

1 Go to Device manager and DISABLE Bluetooth, Do Not remove!
    2 Turn USB suspend off
    3 Set Hard Drive or SSD to Never
    4 Turn Link State Power Management off
    Settings 2 thur 4 can be found in your Power Management Settings.
    Then click on "Change settings that are currently unavailable"
    Then Reboot your Computer. This does work, may come back if you shut OFF your computer,then turn it back on, if it does, just a reboot will turn it off again.

OldMike65, Aug 9, 2020
  4. Turning off Bluetooth speakers causes ALL my media programs to PLAY??

Bluetooth speaker not playing

Hello Tanya,

Your Bluetooth speaker might be paired with your PC but not connected. You can try the following steps to manually connect it:

• Make sure your Bluetooth speaker is turned on.
    • On the far right of the Windows taskbar, press and hold (right-click)
      Volume
      , and then select Playback devices.
    • On the Playback tab, select the Bluetooth speaker, press and hold (or right-click) it, and then select
      Connect.
    • Select your Bluetooth speaker, and then select Set default. Music should play on your Bluetooth speaker now.

Let us know if performing the steps makes any difference.

Michelle Vil, Aug 9, 2020
Thema:

Turning off Bluetooth speakers causes ALL my media programs to PLAY??

1. Turning off Bluetooth speakers causes ALL my media programs to PLAY?? - Similar Threads - Turning off Bluetooth

2. 5 seconds no playing audio - my external speaker turns off

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    5 seconds no playing audio - my external speaker turns off: Hello. When using external acoustics through the 3.5 input, the speakers turn off after 5 seconds without playing sound. This causes noise in the acoustics similar if you just pull out the 3.5 plug. It feels like Windows 11 is doing this to save battery. This makes it...
  3. 5 seconds no playing audio - my external speaker turns off

in Windows 10 Gaming
    5 seconds no playing audio - my external speaker turns off: Hello. When using external acoustics through the 3.5 input, the speakers turn off after 5 seconds without playing sound. This causes noise in the acoustics similar if you just pull out the 3.5 plug. It feels like Windows 11 is doing this to save battery. This makes it...
  4. Using bluetooth headphones with laptop ... laptop speakers play, too. How to turn them off?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Using bluetooth headphones with laptop ... laptop speakers play, too. How to turn them off?: This is for a friend who told me his speakers continue to play when he uses paired bluetooth headphones on his new Windows 10 computer was Windows 11, but he went back to 10. I do not know the brand or model of the laptop, but he will bring the laptop to me next week to see...
  5. Using bluetooth headphones with laptop ... laptop speakers play, too. How to turn them off?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Using bluetooth headphones with laptop ... laptop speakers play, too. How to turn them off?: This is for a friend who told me his speakers continue to play when he uses paired bluetooth headphones on his new Windows 10 computer was Windows 11, but he went back to 10. I do not know the brand or model of the laptop, but he will bring the laptop to me next week to see...
  6. Play sound of 1 program via speakers, rest bluetooth

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Play sound of 1 program via speakers, rest bluetooth: I have a feeling it's not possible, but i'm trying it anyway: My daughter and i sit behind my pc together quite often where she watches youtube on my second screen while i can game on my primary screen. Normally i will turn my gaming sound off for this. What i want to...
  7. Camera turns on and off when I play media...?

Camera turns on and off when I play media...?: Whenever I'm using my computer to play media (Spotify, windows media player, VLC), my laptop's camera turns on, giving me the notification to say that it is on at the top left. When I pause the media, regardless of whether its a movie or just music, the camera turns off. Any...
  8. Bluetooth speaker will connect but not play

in Windows 10 Customization
    Bluetooth speaker will connect but not play: When I turn on the Bluetooth speaker and my computer the speakers give an audio message "Bluetooth connected" but audio will only come from my computer speakers. The device is successfully added and shown with a blue tick when I right click on the Bluetooth icon and "Show...
  9. Bluetooth audio doesn't play on all programs

Bluetooth audio doesn't play on all programs: I've had a wireless bluetooth headset for a while now. Very often, only some programs output sound when they're connected. For example, skype, zoom or any other sort of video / voice chat program only outputs sound from that program, and other programs such as chrome of a...
  10. My bluetooth is turned off.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My bluetooth is turned off.: My Bluetooth says the bluetooth is turned off. How do I get it turned back on? I can't connect my E7 headphones or iPhone https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-bluetooth-is-turned-off/f059a8b8-68f5-4dea-a07f-8bd38195d349