Windows 10: Turning off defender with gpedit.msc doesnt work anymore.

Discus and support Turning off defender with gpedit.msc doesnt work anymore. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; It forgets my settings when I restart the system. I hate this bs system, nothing is working properly. submitted by /u/TracerXZX [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/TracerXZX, Sep 20, 2020.

1. Turning off defender with gpedit.msc doesnt work anymore.

It forgets my settings when I restart the system. I hate this bs system, nothing is working properly.

submitted by /u/TracerXZX
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/TracerXZX, Sep 20, 2020
  2. BrianTJUK Win User

I can't set a slideshow in the Lock Screen and one of the Microsoft suggestions to use gpedit msc didn't work

I can't set up a slideshow for the lock screen. I can select a picture from the computer or I can select one of the Windows 10 standard pictures. If I select slideshow it doesn't change the PREVIEW and when the computer is inactive I get a black screen.

One of the suggestions made by Microsoft in response to this problem in another post was to run gpedit msc. I have tried this or gpedit.msc or gpedit and in all cases the message I get is gpedit or gpedit.msc or gpedit msc "is not recognised as an
    internal or external command, operable program or batch file"

How do I fix the lock screen problem or invoke the local group policy editor?

BrianTJUK, Sep 20, 2020
  3. vindows defender doesnt turn on - asks MCafee to be uninstalled - Mcaffe Live doesnt uninstall ?

computer processor = i3-61000

os windows 10home version 1607 ----- 24-g014

expertise - low

Appreciate for any suggestions

1. can not change AV software

vindows defender doesnt turn on - asks MCafee to be uninstalled -

Mcafee Live doesnt uninstall ?

2. how to be owner ? (for the computer user account)

I am single user - but not listed as owner - can not delete some folders - can not change privileges-saying SYSTEM owns it

can not remove SYSTEM - no authority on USERS

thank you

Snowy

Snowy1111111111111111, Sep 20, 2020
  4. Mala_S Win User

Turning off defender with gpedit.msc doesnt work anymore.

Windows Defender of Windows 10 stoped working and is not turning on

Hello NasirMahmood1,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community forum.

Have you installed any third party anti-virus software?

Step 1: Turn Windows Defender Service On.

Initially, we need to check with the status of
    Windows Defender Service which might be stopping the defender to turn on.

• Press Windows key + R and type
      services.msc and press Enter key.
    • Search for Windows Defender Service and check if it has been started.
    • Right click on Windows Defender Service and click on
      Restart.

Step 2: Turn On Windows Defender Antivirus using Group Policy.

As you are on Windows 10 Pro build, I would suggest
    gpedit.msc
    settings from the following link and set it to Disabled or not configured to
    turn on real time protection setting. Follow the steps mentioned under
    Disable real-time protection from the article-
    Enable and configure antivirus always-on protection and monitoring

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Mala S

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Mala_S, Sep 20, 2020
Thema:

Turning off defender with gpedit.msc doesnt work anymore.

1. Turning off defender with gpedit.msc doesnt work anymore. - Similar Threads - Turning off defender

2. Microsoft services doesnt work anymore

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft services doesnt work anymore: Hey! My brother installed something but i dont know what! After that the pc is weird and it won't let do some things.Problems:- I can't install any app from the Microsoft store and after pressing the button it turns gray and after some time a window comes up with an error!-...
  3. Microsoft services doesnt work anymore

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft services doesnt work anymore: Hey! My brother installed something but i dont know what! After that the pc is weird and it won't let do some things.Problems:- I can't install any app from the Microsoft store and after pressing the button it turns gray and after some time a window comes up with an error!-...
  4. bluetooth doesnt work anymore

in Windows 10 Gaming
    bluetooth doesnt work anymore: i have an alienware pc and it has bluetooth which used to work and i know for a fact that it used to work because i have a razer basilisk x hyperspeed wich worked perfectly until 2 days ago, i ran a trouble shooter and it says that bluetooth is not available on my pc when it...
  5. bluetooth doesnt work anymore

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    bluetooth doesnt work anymore: i have an alienware pc and it has bluetooth which used to work and i know for a fact that it used to work because i have a razer basilisk x hyperspeed wich worked perfectly until 2 days ago, i ran a trouble shooter and it says that bluetooth is not available on my pc when it...
  6. bluetooth doesnt work anymore

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Turn Screen Off does not work anymore with 21H1

in Windows 10 Customization
    Turn Screen Off does not work anymore with 21H1: HelloBefore upgrading to 21H1 the screen turned off as indicated in the settings. Now even after a clean install the screen stays on.There are no waktimers I found, as it is a clean install, ther should not be any other app preventing from sleep.Marc...
  8. product key off a pc that doesnt work anymore

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    product key off a pc that doesnt work anymore: does anyone know how I can get the product key or digital lisence off my old computer that doesn't work anymore it does stil show up on my devices on my Microsoft account but I cant find anything about it being that im using the new computer that I want to activate with the...
  9. turn off defender

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    turn off defender: under settings windows defender does not give option to turn off, can someone help, also webroot paid version is running, will they conflict 88943
  10. Shortcut for turning monitor off does not work anymore.

in Windows 10 Support
    Shortcut for turning monitor off does not work anymore.: I have an Acer Aspire E 15. Since the last Windows update (about November 1st 2016), Fn+F6 to turn the monitor off does not work anymore. It happened to other Acer users. It works only as long as I do not release the Fn key. I tried holding the key for an hour (with a cup and...