Windows 10: Turning off dual monitor crashes my pc

Discus and support Turning off dual monitor crashes my pc in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; So, Im running a dual monitor setup on the moment but not actually using the second one because it's not working, still, when i try to turn of the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Bernardo Pires Ribeiro, Jan 19, 2019.

1. Turning off dual monitor crashes my pc

So, Im running a dual monitor setup on the moment but not actually using the second one because it's not working, still, when i try to turn of the second monitor from my computer and remove the vga cable, the computer stays well for a few minutes but at the moment that i open anygame or try to watch any video it emidiatly crashes (without bluescreen) , i updated the video card driver recently so that's not the problem. Can someone give me an answer?

AMD A8-7600 Radeon R7, 10 Compute Cores 4C+6G 3.10 GHz

RAM: 8,00 GB

:)

Bernardo Pires Ribeiro, Jan 19, 2019

2. Dual monitor, Dual mouse??

Hello,

Please share this information to assist you better.

• How have you setup dual monitors?
    • Are you referring to use 2 different mouse/keyboard with the dual monitor setup?
    If yes, the mouse or keyboard may function same as one another. Since, it has to be connected to single PC/tower.

However, setting up 2 different mouse/keyboard with the Dual- monitor setup, it may not function separately for each monitor.

Let us know the status of the issue. We will assist you further.

Rakesh Narayanaswamy, Jan 19, 2019
  3. Dual Monitor Setup & Speakers

Hi,

There are several factors which could prevent your dual monitors and your speakers from working properly. In order for us to effectively assist you with your concern, we just have a few questions for you:

• Are you getting an error message/code when trying to run the dual monitors?
    • Have you tried running the hardware troubleshooter?
    • Have you tried running the System File Checker tool?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you already performed?

Regards.

Darian Tab, Jan 19, 2019
  4. Scottjm72 Win User

Turning off dual monitor crashes my pc

Computer hangs (crashes) after automatically turning off monitors

Just changed it. Will update you. Thanks!

BTW, when it is set to just have the screensaver come on but not turn off the monitors, I have no problems at all.

Ugh, I had 2 good days with no crashes with the monitors powering down, but 2 crashes in the last 12 hrs or so.....

Scottjm72, Jan 19, 2019
Thema:

Turning off dual monitor crashes my pc

1. Turning off dual monitor crashes my pc - Similar Threads - Turning off dual

2. My game crashes and then my monitor turns off and then it turns back on and I restart my pc...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My game crashes and then my monitor turns off and then it turns back on and I restart my pc...: I played valorant and my pc turned of and game crashed and then I notice hertz is low and I check and I see 64hertz I try to change it and I cant see any other option to change my hertz orther than 64hertz. I restart my pc and I try to run any games and it wont work . I also...
  3. My game crashes and then my monitor turns off and then it turns back on and I restart my pc...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My game crashes and then my monitor turns off and then it turns back on and I restart my pc...: I played valorant and my pc turned of and game crashed and then I notice hertz is low and I check and I see 64hertz I try to change it and I cant see any other option to change my hertz orther than 64hertz. I restart my pc and I try to run any games and it wont work . I also...
  4. Dual monitor flickering/flashing/turning on and off with dual monitor adapter /windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dual monitor flickering/flashing/turning on and off with dual monitor adapter /windows 10: HI, I have a ASUS VG245H Console Gaming Monitor - 24" FHD 1920x1080 and Dell SE2722H 24.5" Monitor.i have msi gtx 1650 with only one hdmi port . both monitors are flickering when the adapter is connected to both monitors. only when i view videos on youtube or using microsoft...
  5. Dual monitor flickering/flashing/turning on and off with dual monitor adapter /windows 10

Dual monitor flickering/flashing/turning on and off with dual monitor adapter /windows 10: HI, I have a ASUS VG245H Console Gaming Monitor - 24" FHD 1920x1080 and Dell SE2722H 24.5" Monitor.i have msi gtx 1650 with only one hdmi port . both monitors are flickering when the adapter is connected to both monitors. only when i view videos on youtube or using microsoft...
  6. Dual monitor flickering/flashing/turning on and off with dual monitor adapter /windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. PC, crashing a lot monitor turns off pc still on

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC, crashing a lot monitor turns off pc still on: LKD_0x141_Tdr:6_IMAGE_nvlddmkm.sysOver the last few months i have noticed my pc keeps crashing a lot and its mainly every day and its really frustrating.I have investigated as to why by going on the 'view reliability history' and it just says hardware error with a lot of...
  8. PC, crashing a lot monitor turns off pc still on

PC, crashing a lot monitor turns off pc still on: LKD_0x141_Tdr:6_IMAGE_nvlddmkm.sysOver the last few months i have noticed my pc keeps crashing a lot and its mainly every day and its really frustrating.I have investigated as to why by going on the 'view reliability history' and it just says hardware error with a lot of...
  9. Dual Monitor Crashing

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Dual Monitor Crashing: So I have a dual monitor setup, one is a newer Samsung, the other is an older Viore (just something i had in the house). When i load up the CPU, both monitors are up (the second one is plugged in using an HDMI to DisplayPort adapter) But when i load up discord, it crashes the...
  10. Dual monitor flickering/flashing/turning on and off

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Dual monitor flickering/flashing/turning on and off: Hello. I recently purchased a cheap secondhand monitor, a Samsung SyncMaster 2043. The monitor I am currently using is also an old Acer V193HQV. The problem I had is the Acer is flashing on and off every second the moment I plugged my second monitor, even though I have not...