Windows 10: turning off echo in my headset microphone

Discus and support turning off echo in my headset microphone in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; so I messed up an audio setting and now I can hear an echo of my voice and any audio around me, this is highly annoying and I would appreciate it if... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by ZackeryMaguire, Nov 29, 2019.

1. turning off echo in my headset microphone

so I messed up an audio setting and now I can hear an echo of my voice and any audio around me, this is highly annoying and I would appreciate it if someone could tell me how to turn it off.

:)

ZackeryMaguire, Nov 29, 2019

2. Mic echoing with a headset

Hey. I've got a GA-78LMT-S2P motherboard with a S.O.G XPERT-H1 headset (it's USB, the mic is attached and retractable).

Any sound that comes through my headset echoes into my mic. It's exactly like if I had speakers.

Couldn't fix this problem in years, hoping somebody here may at least shed some light on its source. I will try the headset on another computer later on today, but in the meanwhile here's what I've tried and what I know :
    - That headset's quality is pretty poor all around (I got it for 32€). Drivers suck balls, the headphones' coating is shedding off ... I regret buying off-brand. I've seen many people saying that a poor quality headset will have this kind of problem, due to the wiring of the cables inside, so this is a possibility, though I'd rather fix it if possible at all.
    - It appears that only sounds that come off the left side echo into the mic (and it's attached to the left side). I noticed that when listening to my mic and running the little windows sound test that plays something left then right.
    - No sound is echoed when the mic is muted.
    - Sound still echoes at the same volume when blocking the microphone with some cloth. (so it's not sound leaking from the headphones)
    - This kept happening throughout several windows installations (and several drivers installations).
    - No Stereo Mix to disable, couldn't find anything to disable anywhere.
    - Tried plugging it in the front of my case (it's usually back).

The last headset I had before this one also had this problem, except it actually appeared overnight. That btw was one of the reasons I got a new headset.

Does anyone have any idea what this could be coming from ? Any sure way to confirm that this is a hardware problem and not software ?

Thanks for reading. Have a good one !

PS : For anyone curious why I'm trying to fix this now after years, discord has an echo cancellation feature which made the issue rather trivial, but I started playing Overwatch and I don't want to annoy anyone with echo (especially since I'd rather be open mic than push to talk).

Edit : for reference here's the other post I made about this before giving up http://www.techsupportforum.com/for...king-up-sound-from-my-headphones-1147913.html

Modinstaller, Nov 29, 2019
  3. My headset's built in microphone's not working

Hello Mikkel,

We just want to confirm, are you referring to feedback loop? If yes, note that you may hear feedback from your PC speakers if
    one or more of the the following conditions are true:

• You increase the Microphone Boost option.
    • The speakers are too close to the microphone.
    • The speaker volume is turned up so as the microphone hears the speakers.
    • You have a very sensitive microphone.

You may be able to reduce or eliminate the feedback you are hearing by trying the following steps:

• Open Control Panel.
    • Open the Hardware and Sound setting.
    • Open the Sound setting.
    • Select the Recording tab and double-click your microphone you have selected as the default recording device.
    • Click on the Level tab and reduce the Microphone Boost setting. Note: This setting may not be available for some microphones.

You may also be able to reduce the feedback loop by selecting the Enhancement tab in the microphone's properties page and enabling one of the following options:

• Enable Noise Suppression
    • Enable Acoustic Echo Cancellation

Note: These settings are audio hardware and software specific and may not be available for all microphones.

Let us know if that worked out for you.

Michelle Vil, Nov 29, 2019
  4. Dalmango Win User

turning off echo in my headset microphone

My Gaming Headset Is not Appearing as a Seperate Microphone

I have an Asus, Cerberus Arctic Headset which has audio ports (not usb) and I cannot get the microphone to work properly. I've tried:

• Realtek Audio HD: Removing suppression and echo reduction; if the microphone is up high - it needs echo reduction or it over sensitizes itself (if that's a thing);
    • Realtek Audio HD: Microphone volume down; better with not having blank voids of sound where the above "over sensitizes itself" however it's still unusuable;
    • Realtek Audio HD: Disabling and going through Windows Playback Devices; no improvement;
    • Realtek Audio HD: Trying all variations of settings; Nearly a whole day recording sounds and playing back to listen for improvement;
    • Changed sound output to come from the monitor and not through the headset when recording; better with interferance/ clarity but still unusuable;
    • Updating Drivers; newest is installed;
    • Troubleshooting in Windows 10; unsuprisingly it says fine;
    Suprisingly reviews seem to be quite good for this headset but this was the same with the Asus Sika mouse but I found this to be unusable.

My question is - The problem of Windows 10 with a low sounding microphone seems to be quite common and leads me to think it's a software issue. I cannot afford to spend another day trying to configure the microphone headset and I only need a microphone
    really (not for gaming for screen movies, presentations things like that).

If I was to purchase a better microphone would this eradicate the problem or is the usb connection better for microphones? I would've thought analogue would be better for sound.

Recording via the laptop microphone is not bad, the problem seems to be that the Headset Microphone is not being picked up.

Dalmango, Nov 29, 2019
Thema:

turning off echo in my headset microphone

1. turning off echo in my headset microphone - Similar Threads - turning off echo

2. Echoes in headset

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Echoes in headset: When I talk to my friends through apps such as discord and the Xbox app, they can hear my computer's sound as an echo. There are no speakers playing noise to go through my microphone, and I had gotten a new cord for my headset to connect to my computer, which is when the...
  3. Microphone Echo

Microphone Echo: For some reason my computer's mic records all the sounds I make such as my own voice, keyboard typing, and mouse clicking, and plays all of them out back through the computer's speaker. How do I make sure I can't hear my own voice while others can?...
  4. Microphone Echo Problem

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Microphone Echo Problem: So I just got a new USB mic (Tonor TC-777) and I plugged it in to test. I have no issues with the sound itself, but no matter where I am in my computer, I can hear the playback of mic audio- which means when I record something, it's in the video twice. I've tried searching...
  5. echo in headset

echo in headset: I cannot get rid of the echo in my headset.USB microphone hooked up to laptop. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/echo-in-headset/28ed000c-5277-47b5-b3e5-8fab9203860b
  6. Microphone echoing to my mates in discord

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Microphone echoing to my mates in discord: Every time I play with my friends they always complain about hearing my ingame sound or spotify. Is there a quick fix to this or is my pc broken? submitted by /u/CarlThemyth [link] [comments]...
  7. Microphone Echo Effect

Microphone Echo Effect: Recently out of nowhere my computer has started echoing. The microphone is not cancelling anything out. The most important thing to note here is this wasnt an issue for weeks. We have an aftermarket microphone and speakers. Again, no issues what so ever. Then all the...
  8. headset mic echoing

in Windows 10 Customization
    headset mic echoing: My mic is is echoing and it is being used by svchost I tried removing listen to device and it worked but then my mic stopped working. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/headset-mic-echoing/b2dac021-32f8-43dd-8b34-2038c37c07b6
  9. Echo in headset

Echo in headset: Please help! I have an echo coming through my headset and can not figure out how to make it stop. The speakers on the computer work fine but when the headset is plugged in the echo is back. I am running Windows 10...what do I do??...
  10. Turn On or Off Narrator Echo Toggle Keys when Turned On or Off

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off Narrator Echo Toggle Keys when Turned On or Off: How to: Turn On or Off Narrator Echo Toggle Keys when Turned On or Off How to Turn On or Off Narrator Echo Toggle Keys when Turned On or Off in Windows 10 Narrator is a screen-reading app built into Windows 10. Narrator lets you use your PC without a display or...