Windows 10: Turning off Fast Boot

Discus and support Turning off Fast Boot in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hello, to turn off fast boot enough to turn off it in bios? Or I should do in windows too? (I need to turn that off dont ask) submitted by... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/_MeetYourMaker_, Oct 27, 2020.

1. Turning off Fast Boot

Hello, to turn off fast boot enough to turn off it in bios? Or I should do in windows too? (I need to turn that off dont ask)

submitted by /u/_MeetYourMaker_
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/_MeetYourMaker_, Oct 27, 2020
  2. pigulici Win User

Pc problem, randomly doesn't turn on sometimes.

"
    Fast startup is a feature in Windows that helps your computer start faster. You can use the following steps to enable or disable fast startup.

• Type Control Panel in the search box.
    • Click Control Panel.
    • Click Power Options.
    • Click Choose what the power buttons do.
    • Click Change settings that are currently unavailable.
    • Scroll down to Shutdown settings and uncheck Turn on fast startup.
    • Click Save changes."

pigulici, Oct 27, 2020
  3. ram93 Win User
    laptop doesnt boot automatically

This is what happened.

1. Did a repair install and later disabled hibertnate in CMD.
    2. Enabled legacy option ROM in BIOS.
    3. After a few times startup ( i used the system in such mode for 5 days), changed boot option back to default.
    4. Vola!! It boots automatically to win10 without any keypress. Tested it with many starts to confirm the same.
    5. Re-enabled hibernate option using CMD and later selected Fast Startup.
    6. System booted normally, without the need for any keypress.

I do not know exactly whether such steps resolved the problem or what else happened, hence cannot suggest above steps.

Many thanks to all members who helped to troubleshoot problems.

ram93, Oct 27, 2020
  4. Turning off Fast Boot

Turn off Fast Startup

Hi Michel,

Please take note that you must be signed in as an Administrator to be able to turn fast startup on or off. Fast startup requires that
    hibernate be enabled. If you disable hibernate, then it will also disable fast startup.

Steps on how to manually turn off the Fast Startup

• Open the Control Panel (icons view), and click on the
      Power Options
      icon.
    • Click/tap on the Choose what the power buttons do link on the left side
    • Click/tap on the Change settings that are currently unavailable link at the top
    • If prompted by UAC, click/tap on Yes
    If the option for turning off the Fast Startup is not available, then changing the registry key maybe required.

Note: Please note that configuring Registry key requires extra care as it might cause another issue with your system.

• Type RegEdit in the search field on your Task bar
      and open the Registry tool.On the left pane of the Registry window, locate
      HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session Manager\Power.
    • On the right pane of the said location, check if the HiberbootEnabled
      is available. If not, we need to create it by clicking the right key of the mouse, select New
      and click on DWORD (32 bit) Value.
    • Replace it with the word HiberbootEnabled under Name
      column.Data value must be zero (0) that will represent as the Fast Startup is turned off.
    • Restart the computer for the changes to take effect.

Steps on how to disable UAC in Windows 10

• Type UAC in the search field on your Task bar. (If the search field isn't visible, right-click the
      Start button and choose Search.)
    • Click Change User Account Control settings in the search results.
    • To turn UAC off, drag the slider down to Never notify and click
      OK.
    • You may be prompted to confirm your selection or enter an administrator password.
    • Reboot your computer for the changes to take effect.

We look forward to your response.

Kerwin Lee, Oct 27, 2020
Thema:

Turning off Fast Boot

1. Turning off Fast Boot - Similar Threads - Turning off Fast

2. How do I turn off fast boot on a Surface Pro 3

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I turn off fast boot on a Surface Pro 3: How do I turn off fast startup on a Surface Pro 3 I have gone to power settings, decide what the power button does, change settings that are currently unavailable, and the option for fast startup is not there. How do I turn it off?...
  3. wifi is not working after fast boot . if i turn off fast boot , wifi works finely

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    wifi is not working after fast boot . if i turn off fast boot , wifi works finely: wifi is not working after fast boot . if i turn off fast boot , wifi works finely . how to use both fast boot and wifi ? i reinstalled the driver but nothing happen [ATTACH]...
  4. Can't Turm off Fast Boot and/or Hibernation(?)

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't Turm off Fast Boot and/or Hibernation(?): Running up to date Windows 10 Home. I have tried the registry settings, what the power button does via Control Panel and turned Fast Boot off in my bios but still win10 boots within seconds (running SSD). I would like to have the whole os to shut down when I power down. Any...
  5. Turning off Fast start.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Turning off Fast start.: Ever since my laptop upgraded from windows 8.1 to Windows 10 Home (now Build 17134_release 180410-18040, on waking up there is a lag before before the logon screen appears. The hdd is a 200GB ssd. I have the latest graphic driver. There have been suggestions that turning off...
  6. Cmd prompt to turn off Fast startup at boot

Cmd prompt to turn off Fast startup at boot: Would an Autoexec Bat file work? Maybe turning off hibernate (?) The problem is on my Asus UX303LA laptop with Fast Start on I can't boot from a recovery usb. If I turn off Fast Startup all is well and the computer boots. What would be be the code? Thanks 98382
  7. Fast Startup Issue - Can't turn it off

Fast Startup Issue - Can't turn it off: As stated in the title. Since i got the Creators Update, my computer will not shutdown and continues to "fast startup" with all my previous windows still open, even with the setting turned off. Checked the BIOS setting for this as well and made sure it was set to 0. Really...
  8. Turning off secure boot/fast boot required?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Turning off secure boot/fast boot required?: As I get ready to do a clean install of 10074 I am curious about the need to disable secure boot and fast boot options. If I do disable secure boot do I need to enable legacy boot? I have had limited success with previous installs to a 2nd hard drive and the problems that...
  9. Unable to turn off Fast Start on Samsung computer

in Windows 10 Support
    Unable to turn off Fast Start on Samsung computer: Hello again. I recently upgraded my SENS 900X Samsung laptop from Windows 7 Home Premium to Windows 10. I did the easy upgrade, not a clean install. I did reformat my computer while it was in Windows 7, updated it, then upgraded to Windows 10. When I turn on or restart my...
  10. Turn On or Off Fast Startup in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off Fast Startup in Windows 10: How to: Turn On or Off Fast Startup in Windows 10 How to Turn On or Off Fast Startup in Windows 10 Fast startup (aka: hiberboot, hybrid boot, or hybrid shutdown) is turned on by default in Windows and is a setting that helps your PC start up faster after shutdown. Even...