Windows 10: Turning off Firewall &/or McAfee Anti-Virus temporarily

Discus and support Turning off Firewall &/or McAfee Anti-Virus temporarily in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I've been having a problem with the 4k YouTube to MP3 program, and this is one of support's suggestions: Turn off firewall, antivirus or any other... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Steve Mc209, Jun 17, 2020.

1. Turning off Firewall &/or McAfee Anti-Virus temporarily

I've been having a problem with the 4k YouTube to MP3 program, and this is one of support's suggestions:

Turn off firewall, antivirus or any other program that may interfere with 4K YouTube to MP3's working at least for the time of downloading. If it has solved the issue for you, please add 4K YouTube to MP3 into the white list of that program in order to download with no interruptions and to stay safe while browsing the net.

This Windows 10 is very new to me, and came with McAfee installed, and I have absolutely no idea how to go about this.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

:)

Steve Mc209, Jun 17, 2020

2. multiple anti-virus and firewalls

I got a message from my Microsoft application "Support Assist" saying "You have more than 1 antivirus software enabled. This can lead to conflicts that may impact performance." This is on my Dell Inspiron AMD 3655 Desktop, with Windows 10 Home OS.

When I click on "details" in the message, Support Assist shows that I have:

2 "McAfee Anti-Virus and Anti-Spyware" products enabled,

1 "McAfee Firewall" enabled and

1 "Windows Firewall" enabled.

Under Support Assist's "security" tab, "Windows Defender" is "disabled."

I can't find a way to disable the Windows Firewall, however, or 1 of the McAfee Anti-Virus and Anti-Spyware products.

How do I disable any of these security programs? Or enable them in the future? Also, which Firewall protects my Dell Inspiron better, the McAfee or Windows Firewall? Is McAfee Anti-Virus/Spyware a better protector or Windows Defender?

Alternatively, is it worth it to keep the double anti-virus/spyware programs and firewall programs for my data's safety, even if it slows my computer's performance?

KatherineGambacini, Jun 17, 2020
  3. Suggest Firewall/AntiVir

Anti-Virus = NOD32 (theres nothing better!)

FireWall = Zone Alarm or McAfee

SpyWare = SpyBot S & D or Ad-Aware

HookeyStreet, Jun 17, 2020
  4. 1BDS Win User

Turning off Firewall &/or McAfee Anti-Virus temporarily

uninstalling McAfee anti virus and turning on defender in Windows 10

I purchased a new computerwith windows 10 pre installed and it came with 30 day free trial of McAfee anti virus. 30 days is up and I want to run Microsoft defender anti virus but it says it is turned off and McAfee is runing my security program and I cant
    turn it on. how do I uninstall the McAfee and run the defender?

Thema:

Turning off Firewall &/or McAfee Anti-Virus temporarily

1. Turning off Firewall &/or McAfee Anti-Virus temporarily - Similar Threads - Turning off Firewall

2. Unable to Turn off the Anti-Virus

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Unable to Turn off the Anti-Virus: its so bad i cant turn off the anti virus it always going into snooze[Original Title: why is windows 11 super bad it makes me wanna die please take me back to windows 10]...
  3. Unable to Turn on Windows Firewall & McAfee Firewall

Unable to Turn on Windows Firewall & McAfee Firewall: Hi, I'm using McAfee Total Protection for my device. But, I'm getting notification on my device that Both Firewall has been turned Off. But, while checking on McAfee, it shows Firewall status as ON. But, on my device, Firewall status shows, it is in ON state. While,...
  4. turn off windows security, anti virus and firewall

turn off windows security, anti virus and firewall: cannot import app, laplink, whilst defender and firewall is active https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/turn-off-windows-security-anti-virus-and-firewall/c887e70b-a733-4a30-a0f2-b91a6eb05e2e
  5. How to Turn off Anti-Virus

How to Turn off Anti-Virus: I turned off windows anti-virus temporarily. And after that, it says my antivirus is managed by my organization. Do you have any ideas on how to fix this? [Original Title: Anti-virus]...
  6. Notices about anti virus and firewall

Notices about anti virus and firewall: Why do I constantly has notices come up saying my firewall is not up. It is up and the messages constantly come up that it is not there. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/notices-about-anti-virus-and-firewall/9c5e90a4-d894-4008-92a2-e7f01cccc7c2"
  7. McAffee Anti-Virus Protection and Firewall

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    McAffee Anti-Virus Protection and Firewall: When I turn my computer on, a warning says McAfee Virus Protection & Firewall have been turned off. I turn them back on but something is turning them off again. What's causing this?...
  8. turning off mcafee virus scan and firewall and turning on windows defender antivirus and...

turning off mcafee virus scan and firewall and turning on windows defender antivirus and...: how to turn off mcafee virus scan and firewall and turn on windows defender and firewall? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/turning-off-mcafee-virus-scan-and-firewall-and/4b616e99-6fc9-4d2b-9159-c9794cb6b1fe
  9. Add iTunes to firewall/anti-virus

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Add iTunes to firewall/anti-virus: How can I add iTunes to the firewall when I don't know where the Microsoft Store installed it. I've right clicked on the icon to check the properties, but it doesn't show where it is installed. I've looked in program files and it's not there. I've even looked in the hidden...
  10. Windows Firewall and McAfee Firewall are both turned off

Windows Firewall and McAfee Firewall are both turned off: Have just started using Windows 10 (after years on Windows 8) and am generally happy with it, but I am constantly getting a notification telling me that "Windows Firewall and McAfee Firewall are both turned off; tap or click to see available options". But I go to Windows...