Windows 10: Turning off Japanese popup suggestions box on Windows 10?

Discus and support Turning off Japanese popup suggestions box on Windows 10? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello everyone. I'm encountering a strange feature on Windows 10, using the Microsoft IME Japanese language pack. When playing a computer game, I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Nocturne_, Jul 11, 2019 at 5:57 PM.

1. Nocturne_ Win User

Turning off Japanese popup suggestions box on Windows 10?

Hello everyone.

I'm encountering a strange feature on Windows 10, using the Microsoft IME Japanese language pack. When playing a computer game, I attempted to input Japanese text. A little suggestions box would popup instead in the top left corner of my screen, with the characters I was typing. This would also happen whenever I attempted to use any in-game keybinds (such as WASD to move around); my computer thought I was trying to type Japanese and would bring up the popup box instead. This also happens whenever I type on my keyboard outside of when text input is expected, for instance, if I'm just looking at my desktop screen with nothing open. This leads me to believe that the software doesn't "recognize" the game the same way as it does for normal input receptors such as internet browsers. How can I turn off this popup box?

Here's a screenshot of the popup box: https://i.postimg.cc/fTKJQS1y/Inked-Screenshot-111-LI.jpg

:)

2. TokyoMike Win User

Switching Japanese Windows with English menus

Yes, I do mean those keys. I tried just switching to Japanese keyboard, as you suggested, but those keys didn't work. Also, the selection key is normally the spacebar in Japan but I could only get IME to work with the Tab key (for those who aren't familiar with Japanese typing: you type in Roman characters, then press a selection key and it steps you through a list of options for the word you are typing in Japanese characters). Did you get the special keys to work as they do in native Japanese mode?

It may well be that I was missing something, although I did try every option I could think of. In any event, as I said, I gave in and now have Japanese Windows running with English menus and everything seems to be working perfectly.
    Thanks,

Mike

3. Dr. Musou Win User
    i8042prt Japanese IME Windows 10

Hello,

Could you please inform me how to correct the Japanese keyboard layout with kbdus.dll step by step? I have no idea what "kbdus.dll" is.

I am using the US Windows 10 and US keyboard.

My question is listed below:

"Microsoft IME Japanese keyboard layout Windows 10"

Microsoft IME Japanese keyboard layout Windows 10

4. Dr. Musou Win User

i8042prt Japanese IME Windows 10

Hello,

Could you please inform me how to correct the Japanese keyboard layout step by step?

I have no idea what [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\i8042prt\Parameters] is.

I am using the US Windows 10 and US keyboard.

My question is listed below:

"Microsoft IME Japanese keyboard layout Windows 10"

Microsoft IME Japanese keyboard layout Windows 10

Thema:

1. Turning off Japanese popup suggestions box on Windows 10? - Similar Threads - Turning off Japanese

2. Windows 10 Professional: Turning off "Suggested" apps? Pop-ups

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Professional: Turning off "Suggested" apps? Pop-ups: In Windows 10 Professional, how do we permanently disable “suggested” apps on business machines? There is a control panel setting to do it, but it appears to reset back to allowed after a period of time? Or perhaps updates turn it back on? How do we prevent this...
  3. text suggestion won't turn off Laptop Windows 10 facebook posts

text suggestion won't turn off Laptop Windows 10 facebook posts: PLEASE HELP I switched all these items Settings/ typing to 'OFF' BUT IT IGNORES ME and continues choosing it!. Almost every time I post something on face book this TEXT SUGGESTION, or whatever it's called, has changed my post to say something RIDICULOUS I never intended to...
  4. How do i turn the search popup / info / extended box thing off in the start menu

How do i turn the search popup / info / extended box thing off in the start menu: Sorry for the title i really don't know what you'd call it but the issue i have this. on two of my pcs my start menu looks like this when i search for anything [ATTACH] fine and dandy all things great. on a laptop though the start menu looks like this [ATTACH] what i...
  5. Turning off newly added auto-complete suggestion feature in Windows 10

Turning off newly added auto-complete suggestion feature in Windows 10: How do I turn off the auto-complete suggestion feature that was added to Windows 10 in the past few months? The feature, which brings up a small window with suggested words, etc., as one writes in MS Word and other applications (including non-MS applications), is very...
  6. Issue with "suggestions" in the search box.

in Windows 10 Support
    Issue with "suggestions" in the search box.: Hello *Wink when I type something in the windows search bar, it automatically fills itself with a program's name and I can't change anything about it. The only thing I can do is click on the program, or the search bar. Clicking on the search bar results in the word being...
  7. Turned off action center, still getting popups?

in Windows 10 Support
    Turned off action center, still getting popups?: Followed this, Action Center - Enable or Disable in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums Action center is gone, but I am still getting "Turn on Windows Firewall" and other such popups that seem to originate from the action center? How do I turn these off as well? 61286
  8. Turn On or Off Tip, Trick, and Suggestion Notifications in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off Tip, Trick, and Suggestion Notifications in Windows 10: There is also a Group Policy for all users: "Do not show Windows Tips" Any ideas how to set that using the registry? 30869
  9. Turn Off Automatic Installation of Suggested Apps in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn Off Automatic Installation of Suggested Apps in Windows 10: Is this the same or different from Consumer Experience? (Group Policy Computer Configuration > Administrative Templates > Windows Components > Cloud Content> "Turn off Microsoft consumer experience") 68217
  10. Turn On or Off App Suggestions on Start in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off App Suggestions on Start in Windows 10: Tutorial has been updated to add OPTION THREE to turn on or off Start suggestions using a REG file. *Smile 24117