Windows 10: Turning off Japanese popup suggestions box on Windows 10?

Discus and support Turning off Japanese popup suggestions box on Windows 10? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello everyone. I'm encountering a strange feature on Windows 10, using the Microsoft IME Japanese language pack. When playing a computer game, I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Nocturne_, Jul 11, 2019.

1. Nocturne_ Win User

Turning off Japanese popup suggestions box on Windows 10?

Hello everyone.

I'm encountering a strange feature on Windows 10, using the Microsoft IME Japanese language pack. When playing a computer game, I attempted to input Japanese text. A little suggestions box would popup instead in the top left corner of my screen, with the characters I was typing. This would also happen whenever I attempted to use any in-game keybinds (such as WASD to move around); my computer thought I was trying to type Japanese and would bring up the popup box instead. This also happens whenever I type on my keyboard outside of when text input is expected, for instance, if I'm just looking at my desktop screen with nothing open. This leads me to believe that the software doesn't "recognize" the game the same way as it does for normal input receptors such as internet browsers. How can I turn off this popup box?

Here's a screenshot of the popup box: https://i.postimg.cc/fTKJQS1y/Inked-Screenshot-111-LI.jpg

:)

Nocturne_, Jul 11, 2019
  2. TokyoMike Win User

Switching Japanese Windows with English menus

Yes, I do mean those keys. I tried just switching to Japanese keyboard, as you suggested, but those keys didn't work. Also, the selection key is normally the spacebar in Japan but I could only get IME to work with the Tab key (for those who aren't familiar with Japanese typing: you type in Roman characters, then press a selection key and it steps you through a list of options for the word you are typing in Japanese characters). Did you get the special keys to work as they do in native Japanese mode?

It may well be that I was missing something, although I did try every option I could think of. In any event, as I said, I gave in and now have Japanese Windows running with English menus and everything seems to be working perfectly.
    Thanks,

Mike

TokyoMike, Jul 11, 2019
  3. Dr. Musou Win User
    i8042prt Japanese IME Windows 10

Hello,

Could you please inform me how to correct the Japanese keyboard layout with kbdus.dll step by step? I have no idea what "kbdus.dll" is.

I am using the US Windows 10 and US keyboard.

My question is listed below:

"Microsoft IME Japanese keyboard layout Windows 10"

Microsoft IME Japanese keyboard layout Windows 10

Dr. Musou, Jul 11, 2019
  4. Dr. Musou Win User

i8042prt Japanese IME Windows 10

Hello,

Could you please inform me how to correct the Japanese keyboard layout step by step?

I have no idea what [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\i8042prt\Parameters] is.

I am using the US Windows 10 and US keyboard.

My question is listed below:

"Microsoft IME Japanese keyboard layout Windows 10"

Microsoft IME Japanese keyboard layout Windows 10

Dr. Musou, Jul 11, 2019
Thema:

1. Turning off Japanese popup suggestions box on Windows 10? - Similar Threads - Turning off Japanese

2. How to deactivate popup 3-word suggestion box?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to deactivate popup 3-word suggestion box?: I believe this is a MS setting not a google Chrome one- When I type on various sites, forums etc I get an annoying grey word suggestion box popping up just floating above the words I am typing. How can I deactivate this please?...
  3. How to deactivate popup 3-word suggestion box?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to deactivate popup 3-word suggestion box?: I believe this is a MS setting not a google Chrome one- When I type on various sites, forums etc I get an annoying grey word suggestion box popping up just floating above the words I am typing. How can I deactivate this please?...
  4. How to deactivate popup 3-word suggestion box?

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. turn off popup keyboard in windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    turn off popup keyboard in windows 10: how do i turn off the keyboard popping up in windows 10 when i tried to type on the built in keyboard https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/turn-off-popup-keyboard-in-windows-10/f584c6dd-01da-4410-8de7-11c357ccf771
  6. Turn off Windows 10 taskbar popups?

in Windows 10 Support
    Turn off Windows 10 taskbar popups?: I want to turn off all taskbar popups in Windows 10. Some apps, such as Line (a messaging app) cause the taskbar to popup every time I receive a new notification. Another app, Evernote, always causes the taskbar to appear whenever I create a new note using Evernote's...
  7. Turn On or Off SwiftKey Suggestions and Autocorrections in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off SwiftKey Suggestions and Autocorrections in Windows 10: How to: Turn On or Off SwiftKey Suggestions and Autocorrections in Windows 10 How to Turn On or Off SwiftKey Suggestions and Autocorrections for Languages in Windows 10 Starting with Windows 10 build 17692, SwiftKey intelligence is now available. SwiftKey gives you...
  8. Turn On or Off Timeline Suggestions in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off Timeline Suggestions in Windows 10: How to: Turn On or Off Timeline Suggestions in Windows 10 How to Turn On or Off Timeline Suggestions in Windows 10 Timeline is now available in Windows 10 starting with build 17063. It can be difficult to get back to stuff you were working on in the past. You might...
  9. Turn On or Off Cortana Suggested Reminders in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off Cortana Suggested Reminders in Windows 10: How to: Turn On or Off Cortana Suggested Reminders in Windows 10 How to Turn On or Off Cortana Suggested Reminders in Windows 10 Cortana is your cloud-based personal assistant that works across your devices and other Microsoft services. Depending on the capabilities of...
  10. Turn On or Off App Suggestions on Start in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off App Suggestions on Start in Windows 10: How to: Turn On or Off App Suggestions on Start in Windows 10 [img] Information In Windows 10, you will occasionally see app suggestions on Start such as Candy Crush Soda Saga, Twitter, Minecraft, Flipboard etc... in All Apps on the left side of Start. If you click/tap on...