Windows 10: Turning off "Let adults in your family see your devices" has no effect

Discus and support Turning off "Let adults in your family see your devices" has no effect in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I have tried turning off "Let adults in your family see your devices" but it has no effect, other adults in the family still see the devices on their... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by Paul777, Jan 3, 2020.

1. Paul777 Win User

Turning off "Let adults in your family see your devices" has no effect

I have tried turning off "Let adults in your family see your devices" but it has no effect, other adults in the family still see the devices on their account screen and are still in the "People who can see my devices" list. How do I get this to work? Also is there any way to restrict which adults can administer the family?

Turning off "Let adults in your family see your devices" has no effect 44c49673-04ff-4f6a-aae5-98543d58950b?upload=true.png

Moived from: Outlook.com / Security, privacy, and accounts/ Other

:)

Paul777, Jan 3, 2020

2. How to delete an adult account in the Family Settings.

Hi,

To resolve your issue, we suggest that you follow the steps below:

• As an adult in the family account, sign in with your Microsoft account.
    • Under Your family, click
      Remove
    • Click the child account you want to remove, and click Remove.
    • You will get an email confirmation once the child has been removed from the family.
    Note: If you removed a Child account, it will be tagged as an "Orphaned account" and you will need to attach another "Parent account".

Regards.

Melowin Mar, Jan 3, 2020
  3. Jelo Sen Win User
    Family restrictions on adult account

Hello Erik,

There are several reasons for this issue to happen. if you’re sure that your account should not be included in a family restriction, we suggest that you check the below articles:

These articles contain steps that you can perform to help you resolve your issue.

Keep us updated with the results.

Jelo Sen, Jan 3, 2020
  4. Turning off "Let adults in your family see your devices" has no effect

Microsoft Account Family Settings: There is an account in my family I didn't create

Hi Andie,

Thank you for posting your response.

We appreciate the time and effort that you have invested in to fix the issue.

As per the above information, I suggest that you refer to the steps below and check if you are bale to remove the unknown account.

• Sign in at account.microsoft.com/family with your Microsoft account on any PC or device
    • Click/tap on Remove under Adults in
      Your family
    • Click/tap on the adult account you want to remove, and click/tap on Remove
    • You (adult) and all other adults in family will now get an email confirming the adult has been removed from the family

Hope this helps

Vanessa Sohtun, Jan 3, 2020
Thema:

Turning off "Let adults in your family see your devices" has no effect

1. Turning off "Let adults in your family see your devices" has no effect - Similar Threads - Turning off Let

2. Request sent Your request has been sent to the adults in your family.

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Request sent Your request has been sent to the adults in your family.: Request sent Your request has been sent to the adults in your family. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/request-sent-your-request-has-been-sent-to-the/dd6d7c89-868d-45d1-aef4-51b32fae02cf
  3. Request sent Your request has been sent to the adults in your family.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Request sent Your request has been sent to the adults in your family.: Request sent Your request has been sent to the adults in your family. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/request-sent-your-request-has-been-sent-to-the/dd6d7c89-868d-45d1-aef4-51b32fae02cf
  4. Request sent Your request has been sent to the adults in your family.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. 135011 - your organization has disabled your device

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    135011 - your organization has disabled your device: Hello Accidentally, I disabled my device. My account comes from a consortium between Microsoft and Organization "Centro Paula Souza". Now, everytime I try to log in one of the Microsoft softwares on my laptop Teams, Office, this error occurs. I tried to contact the I.T....
  6. Hide "see your activities on all of your devices" on Timeline

in Windows 10 Customization
    Hide "see your activities on all of your devices" on Timeline: I just upgraded to 1909 and there is a question "see your activities on all of your devices" on the timeline, with only a "yes'" button. I find this annoying. Is there some way to get rid of it without clicking "yes"?...
  7. Turn on the Accessibility permission on your family member's Android device

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Turn on the Accessibility permission on your family member's Android device: I am getting this message in family safety, IT says "Turn on the Accessibility permission on your family member's Android device HTC One M9 for family features to work." But accessibility permission is already enabled. I have disabled and re-enabled it multiple times. I...
  8. Your organization has turned off automatic updates

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Your organization has turned off automatic updates: Hi, My computer runs Windows 10 pro. For some time it does not receive updates and when I check for updates, it displays this message : Your organization has turned off automatic updates. I am the owner and single user of this computer. Will appreciate if somebody could...
  9. Your organization has turned off automatic updates

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Your organization has turned off automatic updates: One of our users has this message (Your organization has turned off automatic updates) displayed under the "Check for Updates" button in her settings. Where can I change this at? We use Azure AD. [ATTACH]...
  10. You'll need to ask an adult in your family if you can visit:

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    You'll need to ask an adult in your family if you can visit:: I should first mention I'm on windows 10 phone using edge, I'm an adult and am not apart of a microsoft family thing. When I try to visit some sites this (first photo) comes up, I've never had this before (got a windows update last night, so maybe that could be it?). When I...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. let organizers in your family see your deviceson

2. microsoft launcher family controls