Windows 10: turning off mcafee virus scan and firewall and turning on windows defender antivirus and...

Discus and support turning off mcafee virus scan and firewall and turning on windows defender antivirus and... in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; how to turn off mcafee virus scan and firewall and turn on windows defender and firewall?... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by PRITAMGHOSH1, Nov 12, 2019.

1. turning off mcafee virus scan and firewall and turning on windows defender antivirus and...

how to turn off mcafee virus scan and firewall and turn on windows defender and firewall?

:)

PRITAMGHOSH1, Nov 12, 2019

2. Windows Defender won't turn on because of McAfee Firewall

I have windows 10 and and my windows defender wont turn on cause they have mcafee virus protection in my firewall. how do i remove it from my firewall cause i keep getting virus's.

MelissaSavage836, Nov 12, 2019
  3. McAfee firewall turns itself off

I have a Dell laptop upgraded to Windows 10. I received an update on 2/11/16. Since then my McAfee firewall turns off on its on and I have to manually turn it on again every time.

It makes no difference if the MS Windows Defender firewall is on or not. The McAfee firewall just does its on thing.

McAfee told me they could not help because I was using a Verizon Hotspot. It isn't a public hotspot, it is my own personal one.

So kind of wondering what to do.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Richard A.

[Moved from Virus & Malware]

RichardAnderon, Nov 12, 2019
  4. VivienF Win User

turning off mcafee virus scan and firewall and turning on windows defender antivirus and...

Windows Defender and McAfee

I have used McAfee for many years without any problems until 3rd March 2018 following Definition Update KB2267602.

Since then although the Windows Defender Firewall screen still states 'These settings are being managed by McAfee Personal Firewall'

there is a red alert on the Security & Maintenance Page that says Windows Firewall is off and needs to be turned on.

Plus on the same page it states that the virus protection is being managed by Windows Defender Antivirus when it used to say McAfee.

Any suggestions please. Have checked and McAfee clearly shows my computer as being secure but would like to understand why Windows Defender is suddenly showing these message.

Any help appreciated. Thank you

VivienF, Nov 12, 2019
Thema:

turning off mcafee virus scan and firewall and turning on windows defender antivirus and...

1. turning off mcafee virus scan and firewall and turning on windows defender antivirus and... - Similar Threads - turning off mcafee

2. Microsoft Defender Antivirus turned off

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Microsoft Defender Antivirus turned off: I don't have the option to enable Microsoft Defender Antivirus in my Windows Security settings.I've poked around on the internet and nothing has yielded results. I've gone through and given it a scan with Malwarebytes, made sure that security settings are enabled in the...
  3. Microsoft Defender Antivirus turned off

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Defender Antivirus turned off: I don't have the option to enable Microsoft Defender Antivirus in my Windows Security settings.I've poked around on the internet and nothing has yielded results. I've gone through and given it a scan with Malwarebytes, made sure that security settings are enabled in the...
  4. Microsoft Defender Antivirus turned off

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Unable to turn off Windows firewall and antivirus

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Unable to turn off Windows firewall and antivirus: Hi,Our computers are joined to AzureAD and managed by Intune. I have a problem turning off Windows firewall and virus protection setting, it show "The setting is managed by your administrator". I have checked my Intune configuration setting and had excluded all related policy...
  6. Unable to Turn on Windows Firewall & McAfee Firewall

Unable to Turn on Windows Firewall & McAfee Firewall: Hi, I'm using McAfee Total Protection for my device. But, I'm getting notification on my device that Both Firewall has been turned Off. But, while checking on McAfee, it shows Firewall status as ON. But, on my device, Firewall status shows, it is in ON state. While,...
  7. Turning off Firewall &/or McAfee Anti-Virus temporarily

Turning off Firewall &/or McAfee Anti-Virus temporarily: I've been having a problem with the 4k YouTube to MP3 program, and this is one of support's suggestions: Turn off firewall, antivirus or any other program that may interfere with 4K YouTube to MP3's working at least for the time of downloading. If it has solved the issue...
  8. Windows 10: Uninstalled McAfee AntiVirus but Defender Antivirus will not turn on

Windows 10: Uninstalled McAfee AntiVirus but Defender Antivirus will not turn on: After uninstalling McAfee, Windows Defender would not turn on. I've tried to restart the service but get the following error: Error 577: Windows cannot verify the digital signature for this file. A recent hardware or software change might have installed a file that is...
  9. Windows Defender virus periodic scanning keeps turning off

Windows Defender virus periodic scanning keeps turning off: I set Windows Defender virus periodic scanning to on. However, it keeps turning off, without giving me any notice. What can I do to keep it on? Or, at the very least, get a notice. The problem only started after a very recent Windows Update. I always install Updates...
  10. Windows Firewall and McAfee Firewall are both turned off

Windows Firewall and McAfee Firewall are both turned off: Have just started using Windows 10 (after years on Windows 8) and am generally happy with it, but I am constantly getting a notification telling me that "Windows Firewall and McAfee Firewall are both turned off; tap or click to see available options". But I go to Windows...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how do i switch to windows 10 defender from mcafee home edition