Windows 10: Turning off Midnight Chime

Discus and support Turning off Midnight Chime in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Long time since I last posted here, but curious if anyone might know how to identify what makes Windows 10 play a chime (Using the Windows 10 Default... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Keiichi25, Aug 30, 2019.

1. Keiichi25 Win User

Turning off Midnight Chime

Long time since I last posted here, but curious if anyone might know how to identify what makes Windows 10 play a chime (Using the Windows 10 Default System Sound, it sounds like the Asterisk Sound) at Midnight when the computer is on.

I really don't need it and can't figure out where it is coming from.

Things I have running at the moment:

SecureCRT
    Firefox
    Chrome
    Discord
    Synergy 2
    Twitch
    Origin
    Google Backup and Sync
    Logitech Gaming Software
    Powerchute Personal Edition
    Task Manager

:)

Keiichi25, Aug 30, 2019

2. chime

Hi,

If the notification sound has already been turned off but you still receive that chime randomly, then there's a possibility that the notifications you are receiving are from apps and other senders that has not been turned off.

For us to isolate this case, we would like to ask the following information:

• When do you get the notification?
    • Do you get it when a new email arrives or if someone sends you a message in Skype, etc.?

To manage the notifications from other senders, follow the steps below:

• Go to Settings, then click System.
    • Click on Notifications & actions.
    • Under Get notifications from these senders, toggle Off
      the app that you don't want to receive any notification.

Should you need further assistance, feel free to let us know.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Aug 30, 2019
  3. Chime alert

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand how annoying it could be, when the chime sound occurs in middle of the flight simulation. In order to get clarity and to assist you accordingly, please reply with the answers to the questions below.

• What is the Windows 10 version and Build installed? (Type
      winver in Windows search/Run command)
    • Are you aware of any changes on the PC, prior to this issue?

In this scenario, we would like to isolate the issue and want to know, whether it's an in game issue or a windows issue. Please perform the steps to enable Focus assist as mentioned in this article:

Turn Focus assist on or off in Windows 10

If the issue still persist, then try creating a new user account as this issue may be due to a profile corruption. Hence, in order to eliminate possibilities, we would suggest you to create a new user account
    and check. Follow the steps from the article
    Create a local user or administrator account in Windows 10
    to create a new user account.

We await your response.

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, Aug 30, 2019
  4. Turning off Midnight Chime

Clock chimes

Thanks, but I don't want to set the clock so it chimes on the hour. I want to set it so it DOESN'T chime on the hour.

DougMcGuire1, Aug 30, 2019
Thema:

Turning off Midnight Chime

1. Turning off Midnight Chime - Similar Threads - Turning off Midnight

2. How To Turn Off Hourly Clock Chimes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How To Turn Off Hourly Clock Chimes: I have searched for an hour for this and can't find it. Why is it so hard to find? Why is it enabled by default??HOW DO I TURN IT OFF??? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-turn-off-hourly-clock-chimes/edcc6076-0690-42cb-a4aa-6cc29f94580a
  3. How To Turn Off Hourly Clock Chimes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How To Turn Off Hourly Clock Chimes: I have searched for an hour for this and can't find it. Why is it so hard to find? Why is it enabled by default??HOW DO I TURN IT OFF??? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-turn-off-hourly-clock-chimes/edcc6076-0690-42cb-a4aa-6cc29f94580a
  4. How To Turn Off Hourly Clock Chimes

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Computer Turns On At Midnight Every Night

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer Turns On At Midnight Every Night: Split from this thread.my question is similar, but reversed. my windows 7 sp1 professional home version keeps starting my computer at 12 midnight every night. have to keep shutting it down. this is getting annoying. how can I stop this from happening?...
  6. Computer Turns On At Midnight Every Night

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer Turns On At Midnight Every Night: Split from this thread.my question is similar, but reversed. my windows 7 sp1 professional home version keeps starting my computer at 12 midnight every night. have to keep shutting it down. this is getting annoying. how can I stop this from happening?...
  7. PC WONT TURN ON AFTER MIDNIGHT UPDATE

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC WONT TURN ON AFTER MIDNIGHT UPDATE: After a whole night update my DESKTOP PC won't turn on. Help please.. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pc-wont-turn-on-after-midnight-update/671c84ee-7073-4336-ab16-b91633bb8d16
  8. Chime alert

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Chime alert: Once into a flight I'm getting a chime every few seconds. I have no idea what's causing it. I have FSX Deluxe boxed edition. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/chime-alert/1737a996-f777-4340-9f4e-a7d7539c3693
  9. No internet after midnight

in Browsers and Email
    No internet after midnight: Lately, my internet connection fails after midnight. The next morning it is OK. This happens on all browsers (Edge, Chrome, Mozilla) and my separate email program. Both on ethernet and wifi connections. Other devices on the router/modem work OK. Control panel settings says my...
  10. Shut off email chime with Windows Live Mail?

in Browsers and Email
    Shut off email chime with Windows Live Mail?: Folks, I'm totally fed up with getting a loud chime whenever an email drops into my inbox. How do I shut off this intrusive sound? I've looked in Settings/System/Notifications and Actions. There is no listing for my Windows Live Mail "app". So...that route is closed....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. midnight chime windows