Windows 10: Turning off Mouse Keys turns off my mouse pointer

Discus and support Turning off Mouse Keys turns off my mouse pointer in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; So every now and then Mouse Keys gets turned on. I'm not sure how, maybe some keyboard shortcut gets accidentally pressed to turn it on while I'm... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Enchiridion1984, Jul 19, 2020.

1. Turning off Mouse Keys turns off my mouse pointer

So every now and then Mouse Keys gets turned on. I'm not sure how, maybe some keyboard shortcut gets accidentally pressed to turn it on while I'm cleaning it? Anyways, I went to turn it off and when I do, it disables my mouse pointer. How do I fix this?

I can't use my numpad, and anytime I hit "NUM" on it, it will make a hardware BEEP sound. Turning off Mouse Keys fixes that, but now disables the mouse pointer -- why?

submitted by /u/Enchiridion1984
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Enchiridion1984, Jul 19, 2020

2. Mouse Keys will not turn off

Hi Casey,

Thank you for a detailed description of your issue. Since you've already tried unchecking the option
    Use the numeric keypad to move the mouse and still getting the same result, I suggest that you also turn off the option
    Use mouse keys when NumLock is on. On the Change sign-in settings, select the
    Make the mouse easier to use > Select Set up Mouse Keys, then make sure to unchecked
    or turned off the following click Apply, then OK.

• Turn on Mouse Keys - Use the numeric keyboard to move the mouse the screen.
    • Use Mouse Keys when NUM LOCK is Off.

Once done, go back to the Change sign-in settings, then this time click the
    Make keyboard easier to use, then unchecked the
    Turn on Mouse Keys. Click Apply, then OK.

Once done, close your Control Panel page and check if Mouse Keys still enables automatically.

If you have additional questions, or if the issue persists after the troubleshooting steps above, please let me know by replying to this thread. This way, I'll get notified and respond back to you as soon as I can.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Jul 19, 2020
  3. I can't turn Mouse Keys off

The Mouse Keys function suddenly turned on for my Windows 10 and I can't turn it off. I've searched around on how to disable Mouse Keys, and I've done both options that I've been told. The option is turned off in the Mouse section in Ease of Access. Yet Mouse Keys is still running.

And in the Ease Access Center in the Control Panel, I also have Mouse Keys turned off, yet once again it's still running.

Any idea how I can fix this? Thanks

JeffMovieGuy, Jul 19, 2020
  4. GodNaoga Win User

Turning off Mouse Keys turns off my mouse pointer

how do i turn off arrow keys moving mouse pointer?

i don't want my mouse pointer to move with me tapping my arrow keys. it makes navigating the sites/games i usually play SUPER frustrating. i've been trying to find the option to turn it off but the only help articles i can find are about Mouse Keys, which
    ive never turned on before because its useless to me. PLEASE help

GodNaoga, Jul 19, 2020
Thema:

Turning off Mouse Keys turns off my mouse pointer

1. Turning off Mouse Keys turns off my mouse pointer - Similar Threads - Turning off Mouse

2. my mouse randomly turns off then turns back on

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my mouse randomly turns off then turns back on: i honestly dont know if its a problem with the mouse, i got it 2 months ago for christmas , recently whem i pug it into a computer it like turns off, the scanner light and everything, i try clicking the buttons and only until later does it work again, happens over and again,...
  3. my mouse randomly turns off then turns back on

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    my mouse randomly turns off then turns back on: i honestly dont know if its a problem with the mouse, i got it 2 months ago for christmas , recently whem i pug it into a computer it like turns off, the scanner light and everything, i try clicking the buttons and only until later does it work again, happens over and again,...
  4. Turn off mouse hover

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Turn off mouse hover: The mouse hover feature is the absolute worst feature I have ever seen. Windows open and close on their own and one time it even deleted a folder of important files. I have a recent version of Windows 10 Home edition. In an old Microsoft community post it showed how to do...
  5. Mouse Keys will not turn off

Mouse Keys will not turn off: After recently restarting my Surface tablet, I am unable to turn off the Mouse Keys function. In Settings, I have the "Control your mouse with a keypad" option turned to "off", but using my arrow keys still moves my mouse....
  6. Mouse and Keyboard turning off

Mouse and Keyboard turning off: Hello, So for last few days I've had this problem with my keyboard which was turning off randomly and only way to fix it was reBoot. I've tried pretty much everything that I read on internet: Device Managerdrivers update/uninstall, disable power saving on each of them etc...
  7. Mouse keys not turning off

in Windows 10 Customization
    Mouse keys not turning off: I have the ease of access feature "Mouse Keys" turned off however it still moves when ever I use my mouse and keyboard. I have looked on the internet and each thing keeps telling me to go to settings. These are the things I have tried my self: unplugging both my mouse and...
  8. I can't turn Mouse Keys off

in Windows 10 Support
    I can't turn Mouse Keys off: The Mouse Keys function suddenly turned on for my Windows 10 and I can't turn it off. I've searched around on how to disable Mouse Keys, and I've done both options that I've been told. The option is turned off in the Mouse section in Ease of Access. Yet Mouse Keys is still...
  9. how do i turn off arrow keys moving mouse pointer?

in Windows 10 Customization
    how do i turn off arrow keys moving mouse pointer?: i don't want my mouse pointer to move with me tapping my arrow keys. it makes navigating the sites/games i usually play SUPER frustrating. i've been trying to find the option to turn it off but the only help articles i can find are about Mouse Keys, which ive never turned on...
  10. Turn On and Off Mouse Keys in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On and Off Mouse Keys in Windows 10: How to: Turn On and Off Mouse Keys in Windows 10 How to Turn On and Off Mouse Keys in Windows 10 [img] Information Mouse Keys lets you control the mouse pointer by using the numeric keypad on your keyboard. [img] Moving the pointer using Mouse Keys...