Windows 10: Turning off/on Monitors crashes open programs

Discus and support Turning off/on Monitors crashes open programs in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I use a set of two monitors. I never turn off my CPU to leave my accounts connected to a game and have'nt to log in Five accounts each time one by one... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Apollo-69, Nov 28, 2019.

1. Apollo-69 Win User

Turning off/on Monitors crashes open programs

I use a set of two monitors. I never turn off my CPU to leave my accounts connected to a game and have'nt to log in Five accounts each time one by one all the time because it is annoying and time consuming.
    I had to clean my PC and I restore it to factory setting, since then every time I turn off the monitors manually and I turn them on again crash all my Game windows and the rest of the windows open on the second Monitors like the brouser's,filewindow, notepad window and all the icons are send to the main screen, when Monitores are off the Game sound is still running apparently the programs are running when monitors are off and Crashes at the time I trun Monitors back ON.

never had this problem till now, any solution? I did the Graphics Card drivers reinstallation also I did check advance Power seting option but nothing has changed.

:)

Apollo-69, Nov 28, 2019
  2. Scottjm72 Win User

Computer hangs (crashes) after automatically turning off monitors

Just changed it. Will update you. Thanks!

BTW, when it is set to just have the screensaver come on but not turn off the monitors, I have no problems at all.

Ugh, I had 2 good days with no crashes with the monitors powering down, but 2 crashes in the last 12 hrs or so.....

Scottjm72, Nov 28, 2019
  3. peach1971 Win User
    all games crash!

I suggest you run rthdribl > http://www.daionet.gr.jp/~masa/archives/rthdribl_1_2.zip
    Increase the window size step by step and watch your vga temps permanently.
    What happens?
    If it crashes, run at stock speeds as suggested before and retry.

P.S.: When your system locks, does the display signal turn off after a time?
    Stuttering sound or no sound at all when freezing?
    What X1800XT model do you own exactly?

peach1971, Nov 28, 2019
  4. Nikhar_K Win User

QuickBooks crash while opening data file

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

As you have mentioned that after Windows and QuickBooks update whenever you open a data file in QuickBooks, it crashes. We would like to know if any other programs are crashing apart from QuickBooks.

I suggest you to refer the troubleshooting steps mentioned below:

Method 1: Repair QuickBooks

I suggest you to try repairing QuickBooks and then open data file in it. Please follow the steps mentioned below:

1. Press Windows key + R, to open
      Run
      dialog box.
    2. Type appwiz.cpl and click on
      OK
    3. Look for QuickBooks application from the list, right click on it and select
      Repair.
    4. Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the repair process.

If repairing QuickBooks didn’t fix the issue, please refer Method 2.

Method 2: Open Sample data file

You can try opening a Sample data file in QuickBooks and check if QuickBooks crash. If QuickBooks didn’t crash while opening Sample data file, I suspect that the data file that you are trying to open is causing the crash. In this case, I suggest you
    to contact the
    QuickBooks support
    team.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Nov 28, 2019
Thema:

1. Turning off/on Monitors crashes open programs - Similar Threads - Turning off Monitors

2. Monitor turns off & on

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Monitor turns off & on: Hello, it's more than a 2 weeks that my monitor is turn off randomly and turn on it's only happening one timeit's happening always when I'm starting to work with the PC I just surf in the internet.I got a brand new PC with brand new monitor, and everything is updated! From...
  3. Monitor turns off & on

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Monitor turns off & on: Hello, it's more than a 2 weeks that my monitor is turn off randomly and turn on it's only happening one timeit's happening always when I'm starting to work with the PC I just surf in the internet.I got a brand new PC with brand new monitor, and everything is updated! From...
  4. Monitors turning off.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Monitors turning off.: Hello! I am using 2 monitors on my RX480 8 gb GPU. But recently i got a problem, randomly, my monitors are going black and they have no response, i can still hear everything but I cannot see anything either. I tried using the shortcut to reset the graphics driver but still...
  5. turn monitor off

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    turn monitor off: How to turn monitor off imediatelly after pc boot up so it's not On for 20 minutes after pc boots up. I don't want to change power settings because for the rest of the time it should be like it is in settings it turns off after 20 minutes of inactivity. I tried nircmd and...
  6. Programs crash when opened on second monitor.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Programs crash when opened on second monitor.: I'm running a Dual Monitor setup with the extended setting, and it works perfect except for one thing: any program that tries to start itself up on the second screen freezes and doesn't start up. I have no problems moving programs that are already opened around, and can...
  7. Monitor Not Turning Off

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Monitor Not Turning Off: Recently whenever I lock my computer my left monitor turns off when it sleeps, but my main monitor just goes black and stays on. Is there a way to fix this? submitted by /u/Bland_Biscuit [link] [comments]...
  8. Monitors crash open programs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Monitors crash open programs: I use a set of two monitors. I never turn off my CPU to leave my accounts connected to a game and not have to log in the 5 accounts each one by one all the time because it is irritating and time consuming. I had to clean my PC of a virus and I had to restore it to factory...
  9. Turn off Monitor

in Windows 10 Customization
    Turn off Monitor: How to turn off the monitor ? It's impossible with Windows settings ! [Original Title: Monitor] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-start-win_general/turn-off-monitor/049f875b-88bc-4203-9d59-bc561a18167f
  10. Monitor turns off

in Windows 10 Support
    Monitor turns off: This happened sometimes in Windows 8.1 and still happens in Windows 10. I went into settings and changed when to turn off monitor to never and put this computer to sleep to never so why does the monitor turn off after no activity anyway? 11252