Windows 10: Turning off permission for organization account to manage my device

Discus and support Turning off permission for organization account to manage my device in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Greetings folks! I recently installed office 365 on a laptop from my the Microsoft account that was given to me by my school, and unfortunately it... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Emmanuel Andres Ni Najera, Nov 4, 2020.

1. Turning off permission for organization account to manage my device

Greetings folks!

I recently installed office 365 on a laptop from my the Microsoft account that was given to me by my school, and unfortunately it seems like I gave it permission to manage my device which has messed with the configuration of my sign in options, I cannot access Microsoft Hello and I noticed it would only let me use the PIN option through my school's account instead of my personal one, which is a first for me.

Any help I will deeply appreciate!

Cheers!

Andres

:)

Emmanuel Andres Ni Najera, Nov 4, 2020

2. Device Manager Un-Hiding Hidden Devices

When you connect a plug and play device, Windows Plug and Play manager detects it, finds and installs the driver. Device Manager lists the device with a solid icon.

The driver is only removed when you uninstall the device, not simply by disconnecting the device. When the device is disconnected, its driver is still installed. By default, Device Manager only displays connected devices. When you show hidden devices, note the Bluetooth icon you see is semi-transparent (not opaque). That indicates a "non-present" device. Sometimes also called a "ghost" device. The driver is still installed but the device is not currently detected (i.e. not connected).

Device can be disconnected when
    • Device unplugged (e.g. removing a USB device)
    • Turning a device OFF
    • Disabling the device in BIOS (then windows won't detect it) or
    • Device failure

So
    • Check BIOS as suggested
    • Check board connections
    • Can b/t be turned off by a switch? or keyboard combination?
    Also possible the b/t h/w failed

ComputerGeek, Nov 4, 2020
  3. OldMike65 Win User
    I don't have any bluetooth devices but windows turned it on!!

Then if they are still on, try some of these steps listed below, Not all of these steps may not apply, but, step #2 and #4 should help. I have all 4 steps on myself.

1 Go to Device manager and DISABLE Bluetooth, Do Not remove!
    2 Turn USB suspend off
    3 Set Hard Drive or SSD to Never
    4 Turn Link State Power Management off
    Settings 2 thur 4 can be found in your Power Management Settings.
    Then click on "Change settings that are currently unavailable"
    Then Reboot your Computer. This does work, may come back if you shut OFF your computer,then turn it back on, if it does, just a reboot will turn it off again.

OldMike65, Nov 4, 2020
  4. denmarfl Win User

Turning off permission for organization account to manage my device

Windows10 Update "Some Settings are Managed by Your Organization"

When Windows updates alerts me to available new Updates Ready to be installed....in Red I now see "Some settings are Managed by Your organization"...Please see attachment ....

This began about 2 months ago following the creation of a new user Account. A Display issue was causing my Win10 Start List not to show any Text to the right of the programs in the lists and the solution to correct that issue from another Post here...suggested
    creating a new User account.... The instructions were detailed, I followed each step...the new User Account was created and it resolved the issue....

Following the creation of the New user acct, every time Window Updates are offered....the Alert in red "Some Settings are managed by Your organization" displays (see Attachment). The old User account never displayed this Alert.

Clicking on "View Configured Update Policies....it seems this alert is being caused by Mobile Device Management????

I have no idea what that means, or, how any settings would have been set to have some of my settings managed by your organization.

My PC is one of 3 PC's in my Home....it has never been connected to any organization...ie work, etc. During the creation of the New user account at no time was there anything that addressed Organization, Mobile devices during the creation of the New
    user Acct.

How do I remove this Alert?

Turning off permission for organization account to manage my device 69a42b90-24e4-4b75-9083-9df4c1a3f767?upload=true.png

Turning off permission for organization account to manage my device 875fafac-6adf-430e-b5a3-aa70a44121e9?upload=true.png

denmarfl, Nov 4, 2020
Thema:

Turning off permission for organization account to manage my device

1. Turning off permission for organization account to manage my device - Similar Threads - Turning off permission

2. "Allow my organization to manage my device"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "Allow my organization to manage my device": Hello,I am confused about the “Allow my organization to manage my device” setting, or how work/school accounts work in general. If I sign in through my work account on my home computer, will they be able to see what I do? What can they change or see on my device?It would be...
  3. "Allow my organization to manage my device"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Allow my organization to manage my device": Hello,I am confused about the “Allow my organization to manage my device” setting, or how work/school accounts work in general. If I sign in through my work account on my home computer, will they be able to see what I do? What can they change or see on my device?It would be...
  4. Device & Browser managed by organization

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Device & Browser managed by organization: I've had a problem recently where i've lost access to some settings that i need to use, It says my computer is being managed by my school organization and ive tried ways to remove it but nothings working, Group policy editor and command prompt, I dont think they could help on...
  5. Device & Browser managed by organization

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Device & Browser managed by organization: I've had a problem recently where i've lost access to some settings that i need to use, It says my computer is being managed by my school organization and ive tried ways to remove it but nothings working, Group policy editor and command prompt, I dont think they could help on...
  6. Device & Browser managed by organization

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Allow my organization to manage my device

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Allow my organization to manage my device: Hello Everyone, I have a question, currently my work IT requested that in Microsoft Teams installed on my PC to check "Allow my organization to manage my device". Noting that I do not have the pass for this Microsoft Teams account, since the IT input it whenever MS Teams...
  8. Delete organization management of device

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Delete organization management of device: When I installed my companies e-mail adress to get Microsoft Office on my personal pc, I left the "allow the organisation to manage my device" button checked. A few moments later, my pc forced me to restart and change my pincode, because the organisation has made some rules...
  9. Turn OFF permissions!!!!!!!!!

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Turn OFF permissions!!!!!!!!!: Is there ANY way to turn OFF this permissions thingy?!?! I am soooooooooooooooo tired of MY machine giving me "Access denied" or "You need permissions from <MYSELF>" errors!!!!!!!!!!!! (And NO--I'm NOT going waste MORE time, monkeying around with user account, etc.!!!!...
  10. Cannot turn off Developer mode - "managed by your organization"

in Windows 10 Support
    Cannot turn off Developer mode - "managed by your organization": Hello everyone, I need assistance from someone who is knowledgeable. I'm setting up a brand new home laptop for my senior parents who only use it for browsing internet. Windows 10 HOME edition - Build 1803 The setting "For Developers" is turned on and has the "Some...