Windows 10: Turning off pin/password expiration windows 10 home.

Discus and support Turning off pin/password expiration windows 10 home. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Tried searching google for the answer and guides to do this serviced everything but windows 10 home. Windows 10 pro has features Windows 10 home... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/DisciplineFun2946, Jan 29, 2021.

1. Turning off pin/password expiration windows 10 home.

Tried searching google for the answer and guides to do this serviced everything but windows 10 home. Windows 10 pro has features Windows 10 home doesn't have. I'd like to not have to change my password everything month. Get's annoying.

Edit:

CPU: I7-7700k

GPU: GTX 1070

RAM: 16gb

submitted by /u/DisciplineFun2946
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/DisciplineFun2946, Jan 29, 2021

2. Have PIN for Windows 10 but need Windows password

Hi,

To set up a PIN on your Windows account, we suggest that you follow the steps below:

• Type the word pin in the search box and select
      Set up PIN sign-in

• Under the PIN section, click the
      Add
      button.

• Enter the password for your user account, then click the
      OK button.

• Follow the instructions on the screen.

Let us know how it goes.

Aileen Alf, Jan 29, 2021
  3. Windows 10 Change password to pin

Hi Ana,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. I regret the inconvenience caused to you. Let me help you.

Please share the details.

• Are you able to log in to your desktop?

• Do you see any error code along with the error message?
    I suggest you to go through the below steps and check if it helps.

Follow these steps to set up a PIN on your Windows User Account:

• Press the Windows +S key combination to display the Search box.

• Type the word pin into the Search box, then click
      Set up PIN sign-in.

• Find the “PIN” section and click the Add button.

• Type in the password for your User Account, then click the
      Ok button.

• Select and enter a 4 digit numeric pin, then enter it again for confirmation.

• Exit the PIN setup utility.

From now on you’ll be able to log in to your Windows account by entering your 4 digit PIN instead of your password.

You can change your PIN at any time by following the steps below:

• Press the Windows +S key combination to display the Search box.

• Type the word pin into the Search box, then click Set up PIN sign-in.

• Find the “PIN” section and click the Change button.

• Enter your Windows password, then click the
      Ok button.

• Select and enter a new 4 digit numeric pin, then enter it again for confirmation.

• Click the Finish button.

• Exit the PIN setup utility.
    Check if it helps.

I hope the information helps. Please keep us posted on the issue. We will be happy to assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Aswin_Anand, Jan 29, 2021
  4. Dyan Rey Win User

Turning off pin/password expiration windows 10 home.

Microsoft Account PIN and password

We appreciate the screenshot that you provided. to start troubleshooting the issue with you logins, we suggest that you follow the steps below on how login pin goes back to password:

• Click Start menu and go to Settings.
    • In Settings, click the Accounts icon.
    • Click on Sign-in options.
    • Change both your password and pin one by one.
    Let us know how it goes.

Dyan Rey, Jan 29, 2021
Thema:

Turning off pin/password expiration windows 10 home.

1. Turning off pin/password expiration windows 10 home. - Similar Threads - Turning off pin

2. Turn OFF windows PIN AND the need to enter Microsoft PASSWORD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Turn OFF windows PIN AND the need to enter Microsoft PASSWORD: I received an answer to this question and it seemed to have worked . . . . only it didn't. I had to go through a lot of steps because all my Usernames and Passwords and PINs are stored on the computer and I could not log in. Had to use the forgot password way. Please tell me...
  3. Forgotten PIN and expired password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Forgotten PIN and expired password: Dear all,As a non-professional user,I use a HP ELITE FOLIO with Windows 11 PRO.I was noticed earlier today my password has expired and needs to be renewed.To do so, I have to fill PIN code to use admin profil.Unfortunatly, I don't remember to have fill any PIN code while...
  4. Forgotten PIN and expired password

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Forgotten PIN and expired password: Dear all,As a non-professional user,I use a HP ELITE FOLIO with Windows 11 PRO.I was noticed earlier today my password has expired and needs to be renewed.To do so, I have to fill PIN code to use admin profil.Unfortunatly, I don't remember to have fill any PIN code while...
  5. Turning off Windows 10 home pin request

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Turning off Windows 10 home pin request: I have new Dell Laptop with windows 10 Home. I want to sign in to Windows store but it keeps requesting a windows hello PIN. I do not have a Windows Hello PIN. In the settings/account/sign in options, it says this option is currently unavailable so I cant disable it....
  6. Windows 10 HOME password expires soon. How to stop expiration

Windows 10 HOME password expires soon. How to stop expiration: ** This is in Windows 10 HOME so please don't offer suggestions regarding Local Policy or running CMD as an Admin - none of those options appear to work. ** After starting a course online, and logging in to their system, I inadvertently allowed the system to start a...
  7. How to Turn off Windows 10 password / pin

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How to Turn off Windows 10 password / pin: The "Users must enter a user name and password to use this computer" option is unchecked in netplwiz, "Require sign-in" option in settings is set to "Never", but I'm still asked to enter my PIN everytime. I live alone and don't need any safety measures. There was a 5 year old...
  8. Windows 10 Home, Your password has expired...

Windows 10 Home, Your password has expired...: Hi Noticed this on now two different Windows 10 Home installs. Conditions: Windows 10 Home Local account no password Login page: "Your password has expired and must be changed." Yes, Home, not Professional, therefore no Group Policy to turn this on or off. Just...
  9. turn off windows pin and have unique password

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    turn off windows pin and have unique password: is there a way to turn off the pin for windows and set a dedicated password for your computer. All i have seen is use outlook password or a pin. I prefer to use one that is unique to the computer submitted by /u/chopsui101 [link] [comments]...
  10. Windows 10 Home password expires enable

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows 10 Home password expires enable: I need to enable password expiration in the system. The net accounts command has set the password to max 30 days but the password does not change. By checking net user "UserName" I get information that the password never expires for a this user. I do not have the ability to...