Windows 10: Turning off / restarting / putting your PC to sleep when Shut Down / Restart / Sleep button...

Discus and support Turning off / restarting / putting your PC to sleep when Shut Down / Restart / Sleep button... in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hey all! I've been finding some helpful tricks these days to help you in some problems. This time, I've found a way torestart / shutdown / put your... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Joe13 B-, Nov 10, 2020.

1. Joe13 B- Win User

Turning off / restarting / putting your PC to sleep when Shut Down / Restart / Sleep button...

Hey all!

I've been finding some helpful tricks these days to help you in some problems. This time, I've found a way torestart / shutdown / put your PC to sleep / switch user / sign out of your PC in Windows, when your Start Menu / your Power button inStart Menu isn't working.

To restart / shutdown / put your PC to sleep / switch user / sign out of your PC, follow these steps:

• Click the Windows Logo key + Alt + F4 keys together. A window pops up, asking, 'What do you want the computer to do?'.
    • Click the drop-down box, and select the option you want it to do i.e., Shut Down, Sign Out, Restart, etc. and click 'Ok' to make your Windows PC do it.

That's all! You can use this method whenever you want. It won't be an improper shutdown. If this won't work for you, you can long-press the Power button on your PC to shutdown.

I'll come up with many more help topics!

Joe13 B-

:)

Joe13 B-, Nov 10, 2020

2. Shut down, restart and sleep button not appearing after clicking on power button

Hello

While clicking on Windows 10 power button shut down, restart and sleep options are not appearing but if i click somewhere around the region the pc gets shutdown or restart. Please look into the matter and suggest me the needful so that the buttons are visible.

Thanks and regards

Sumit Mondal, Nov 10, 2020
  3. kn00tcn Win User
    Pc restart after exiting sleep mode

well if it works within 5min, sounds like it could be losing power

'restarts after exiting sleep mode' do you mean it acts like a fresh cold boot? or you see the windows logging off screens, then it restarts?

i never use sleep or hibernate, risk of losing the session & waste of hard drive space

kn00tcn, Nov 10, 2020
  4. Turning off / restarting / putting your PC to sleep when Shut Down / Restart / Sleep button...

cant put windows 10 to sleep or to shut down...when I do select either of tht PC just restarts but dos not shut down or go to sleep

cant put windows 10 to sleep or to shut down...when I do select either of tht PC just restarts but dos not shut down or go to sleep

Tibineedshelp, Nov 10, 2020
Thema:

Turning off / restarting / putting your PC to sleep when Shut Down / Restart / Sleep button...

1. Turning off / restarting / putting your PC to sleep when Shut Down / Restart / Sleep button... - Similar Threads - Turning off restarting

2. My PC shuts down when put to sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My PC shuts down when put to sleep: My PC shuts down when put to sleep, whenever I start-up but I don't login the sleep works just fine but when I login it doesn't work. When I put it to sleep the screen turns off and goes into sleep mode and I can hear something shut down I think it's the hard drive but the...
  3. My PC shuts down when put to sleep

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My PC shuts down when put to sleep: My PC shuts down when put to sleep, whenever I start-up but I don't login the sleep works just fine but when I login it doesn't work. When I put it to sleep the screen turns off and goes into sleep mode and I can hear something shut down I think it's the hard drive but the...
  4. Pc shuts off when i put it to sleep

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Pc shuts off when i put it to sleep: This problem recently started where when I click to sleep on my pc, all the lights will stay on and the fans will run for a few minutes before they stop, and then when I turn it back on, it’s restarts, meaning my pc shut down instead of sleeping. I sometimes get a blue screen...
  5. Pc shuts off when i put it to sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pc shuts off when i put it to sleep: This problem recently started where when I click to sleep on my pc, all the lights will stay on and the fans will run for a few minutes before they stop, and then when I turn it back on, it’s restarts, meaning my pc shut down instead of sleeping. I sometimes get a blue screen...
  6. Pc shuts off when i put it to sleep

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Putting PC to sleep causes restart

Putting PC to sleep causes restart: Hi all, I've been running into an issue where choosing "Sleep" on my PC causes it to crash and restart. The three logs I keep getting in Event Viewer are:Windows failed to resume from hibernate with error status 0xC00000D4.The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down...
  8. Putting PC to sleep causes restart

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Putting PC to sleep causes restart: Hi all, I've been running into an issue where choosing "Sleep" on my PC causes it to crash and restart. The three logs I keep getting in Event Viewer are:Windows failed to resume from hibernate with error status 0xC00000D4.The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down...
  9. PC shuts down when put to sleep

PC shuts down when put to sleep: Hello all,Whenever I try to put my PC to sleep, it seems to shut all the way down. But it turns back on when I move my mouse, I don't have to touch the power button, and I get a 'windows was not shut down correctly' error in Reliability History. I suspect it is corrupted...
  10. BSOD when Sleeping, Restarting or shutting down, page_fault_in_non...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD when Sleeping, Restarting or shutting down, page_fault_in_non...: A couple days ago when normally putting my PC to sleep at night it restarted. I then tried to put it to sleep again and watched as the screen went black and the pc just sat there on for like 10 seconds then began the process of rebooting. The next day when i was using my pc...