Windows 10: Turning off subtitles in Windows DVD player

Discus and support Turning off subtitles in Windows DVD player in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; How do I turn off the damned subtitles in Windows DVD player? It is this one---... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by SergejRoytman, Jul 31, 2020.

1. Turning off subtitles in Windows DVD player

How do I turn off the damned subtitles in Windows DVD player? It is this one--- https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/10771/windows-dvd-playback-options ---which is recommended at support.microsoft.com. If a DVD has subtitles, they are on by default. If I try to turn them off through the DVD menu, they remain on, and regular audio is muted. I paid money in addition to paying for Windows in the first place to install this program, and DVD has been around for some 25 years. Whatever you're paying the shaved apes you're using as programmers, you're paying too much.

:)

SergejRoytman, Jul 31, 2020

2. Cannot play subtitle in DVD player

Hi Ruth,

Thank you for posting in Community.

We understand your concern and we will provide the information required to help you resolve the issue.

Before we proceed, I would like you to provide the information stated below:

1. Which player or app are you using where you cannot enable sub titles?

2. Do you get any error when the subtitle fails to play?

3. Are you playing the video via a locally saved file or via an optical disc?

I would like to inform that if you are using the DVD player app you will not be able to play sub titles as the app plays the video only via an optical disc. However, if you are using Windows Media Player follow the steps below to activate subtitle.

• On the Search bar type Windows Media player
    • If the Player is currently open and you’re in Now Playing mode, click the
      Switch to Library

• Click the Play menu tab located on the top of the window, point to
      Lyrics, Captions, and Subtitles, and then click
      On if Available.

If the Play menu isn't visible, you'll need to show the menu bar. To do so, click
      Organize, point to Layout, and then select
      Show menu bar.

• Begin playing a file or DVD that contains captions or subtitles. Subtitles appear on top of DVD videos, while captions appear below the video portion of Windows Media Video (WMV) files. Also check if you have a
      .ert file in the same folder where the movie is saved.

Hope this helps

Vanessa Sohtun, Jul 31, 2020
  3. Elizabeth Win User
    Unable to use subtitles in Windows DVD player

I purchased Windows DVD player from the app store and it plays DVDs well.

The only thing is that I can't get it to display the subtitles embedded in my DVDs. I click on the little subtitles icon at the bottom left of the main DVD player screen when a DVD is playing and nothing happens.

Can anyone help?

Elizabeth, Jul 31, 2020
  4. Turning off subtitles in Windows DVD player

Cannot play subtitle in DVD player

I try to play DVD with subtitles and the subtitle button doesnt work (I know the DVD has sub) how to activate it?

DVD player subtitles- Original Title

ruthnissim, Jul 31, 2020
Thema:

Turning off subtitles in Windows DVD player

1. Turning off subtitles in Windows DVD player - Similar Threads - Turning off subtitles

2. Windows Media Player: Subtitles Don't Work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Media Player: Subtitles Don't Work: I have an mp4 with a subtitle stream built in not burned in, which plays perfectly in every media player except windows media player.One simply goes to the subtitles menu, wherever that is, and selects the subtitle track to include.Windows media player "old" with the blue...
  3. Windows Media Player: Subtitles Don't Work

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Media Player: Subtitles Don't Work: I have an mp4 with a subtitle stream built in not burned in, which plays perfectly in every media player except windows media player.One simply goes to the subtitles menu, wherever that is, and selects the subtitle track to include.Windows media player "old" with the blue...
  4. Windows DVD Player Starts off Black screen

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Windows DVD Player Starts off Black screen: I have been starting the DVD to watch movies and it starts off with the black screen and it's not working properly and is there a way to fix it? [ATTACH]...
  5. Unable to use subtitles in Windows DVD player

Unable to use subtitles in Windows DVD player: I purchased Windows DVD player from the app store and it plays DVDs well. The only thing is that I can't get it to display the subtitles embedded in my DVDs. I click on the little subtitles icon at the bottom left of the main DVD player screen when a DVD is playing and...
  6. Subtitles in Windows Media Player

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Subtitles in Windows Media Player: Hello. I am having a hard time viewing subtitles in Windows Media Player on my Windows 10. I have turned the "on if available" in Lyrics, Captions & Subtitles from the options menu, but it is still not loading. I dragged and dropped the subtitle file in the media player, but...
  7. microsoft dvd player app does not show subtitles

microsoft dvd player app does not show subtitles: I bought a new computer with windows 10. I bought the nicrosoft dvd player app. The picture shows and the sound is OK but it doesnot show subtitles - the DVD is an original and the box states subtitles are available....
  8. Adding external subtitles to Windows DVD Player v10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Adding external subtitles to Windows DVD Player v10: Why can't Microsoft, a world famous company, do a simple thing like allow users to add external subtitles to their PAID DVD Player App? They appear to have successfully killed off the Windows DVD player market just at the time when users from around the world want to see...
  9. how do i turn subtitles off

how do i turn subtitles off: how do I turn subtitles off. And also closed captioning. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-turn-subtitles-off/dc21fe8c-ca9f-4af7-a6e7-c9a1005c85cd
  10. Windows Media Player Does not show subtitles

Windows Media Player Does not show subtitles: I know I can download codecs for this (which I have) or just use VLC, but how do you get Windows Media Player to show the subtitles of mkv files? Doing a right click and turning on Subtitles does nothing. Does anyone know how to fix this? If you want to test this, just...