Windows 10: Turning off the msn feeds

Discus and support Turning off the msn feeds in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I had some updates last evening and now when I open Edge this morning I am now getting that wretched MSN feed and frankly I just want top sites because... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by ICIT2LOL, Sep 13, 2017.

1. ICIT2LOL Win User

Turning off the msn feeds

I had some updates last evening and now when I open Edge this morning I am now getting that wretched MSN feed and frankly I just want top sites because I am not the least bit interested in the Chinese woman with the longest eyelashes or Prince Harry's girlfriend meeting the Queen or some idiot meeting the final two dates on some moronic TV show it is all so banal.

So can anyone tell me what I have to do to get rid of this pathetic nonsense I just want a browser with my top sites and/or a bookmarks bar etc I am beginning to think that 10 is turning into some form of faceless book type app and I am also thinking that people have nothing more exciting in their world than trawl through this crap.

:)

ICIT2LOL, Sep 13, 2017

2. How do I turn off the 'My news feed' in Edge?

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft community.

We understand your concern and will certainly assist you to solve it.

We apologize for the inconvenience caused to you. Please follow the answer given by ljmccully dated August 7, 2015.

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-msedge/how-to-turn-off-the-msn-news-feed-in-edge/53eafc52-1832-4d60-849a-bbcda5fb91bf?page=1

Please let us know if your issue got fixed or you need any further assistance.

Amarjeet_Paul, Sep 13, 2017
  3. Windows 10 - HomeGroup password

All computers must be turned off and the main computer you use must be turned on. The password will come up if all computers are turned off in your network .

Follow the steps that were given on this feed . It’ll work I’ve done it several times and it does work . Thanks to the intelligent people on this feed .

Jo JoGarcia, Sep 13, 2017
  4. Turning off the msn feeds

Open edge, click on three dots upper right, click on Settings. You should see an option, "Open Microsoft Edge with".

Choose your home / start page or pages, save them by clicking diskette to right.

Close Edge and restart, your home / start pages should show.

Ken

Caledon Ken, Sep 13, 2017
  5. Bree New Member
    I have that set to 'New Tab page'. In addition, on the New Tab page you can click the 'customize' cog-wheel (on the right, near the top) and set the New Tab page to just show 'Top sites' (the default is 'Top sites and my feed').

6. ICIT2LOL Win User
    Thanks Bree and Ken now since I posted that the Edge has bounced back to what I had set it up before as you say with just top sites so truly I don't have any idea what was going on when I powered up this morning *Confused

Just it seems to me that every time I get updates something else goes wrong!!

ICIT2LOL, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Turning off the msn feeds

1. Turning off the msn feeds - Similar Threads - Turning off msn

2. HOW TO TURN OFF NEWS FEED AND WIDGETS?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HOW TO TURN OFF NEWS FEED AND WIDGETS?: This method: Right click anywhere in the taskbarClick over 'News and Interests'DOES NOT WORK BECAUSE THERE IS NO NEWS AND INTEREST SECTION !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!GIVE ME THE SOLUTION PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!...
  3. HOW TO TURN OFF NEWS FEED AND WIDGETS?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    HOW TO TURN OFF NEWS FEED AND WIDGETS?: This method: Right click anywhere in the taskbarClick over 'News and Interests'DOES NOT WORK BECAUSE THERE IS NO NEWS AND INTEREST SECTION !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!GIVE ME THE SOLUTION PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!...
  4. HOW TO TURN OFF NEWS FEED AND WIDGETS?

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. How do I remove or disable the windows feed or turn off all feeds by default

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I remove or disable the windows feed or turn off all feeds by default: How do i remove the windows feed? I have no interest in any of the items there. If I cannot remove the feed I would rather go back to windows 10. Why would Microsoft force a feature like this on us. I come to use the computer for work not bee on some useless instagram clone....
  6. How do I remove or disable the windows feed or turn off all feeds by default

How do I remove or disable the windows feed or turn off all feeds by default: How do i remove the windows feed? I have no interest in any of the items there. If I cannot remove the feed I would rather go back to windows 10. Why would Microsoft force a feature like this on us. I come to use the computer for work not bee on some useless instagram clone....
  7. How do I turn off the taskbar news feed?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I turn off the taskbar news feed?: I don't want it. Nobody wants it. Make it go away. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-turn-off-the-taskbar-news-feed/5dd24117-dc39-46a8-be22-eaa4304d8b71
  8. How do I turn off the taskbar news feed?

How do I turn off the taskbar news feed?: I don't want it. Nobody wants it. Make it go away. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-turn-off-the-taskbar-news-feed/5dd24117-dc39-46a8-be22-eaa4304d8b71
  9. MSN News Feed

in Windows 10 Customization
    MSN News Feed: How do I remove the MSN News Feed in my Windows 10 Edge Browser? The MSN news Feed is not to my taste and I would prefer to use the BBC News Feed. If I can...how? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/msn-news-feed/b13b602d-6aab-49bd-b1f7-1baaefc6acd0
  10. can i turn the feed off in the new edge browser?

in Browsers and Email
    can i turn the feed off in the new edge browser?: can i turn the feed off in the new edge browser start screen? /canary version. Regards. 131929