Windows 10: Turning off track changes in Word

Discus and support Turning off track changes in Word in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi all, how do I turn off track changes in Word? I don't mean going to Review, selecting track changes and deleting the preferences. I have done that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Jad Adams, Sep 6, 2018.

1. Jad Adams Win User

Turning off track changes in Word

Hi all, how do I turn off track changes in Word? I don't mean going to Review, selecting track changes and deleting the preferences. I have done that many times and saved the document and when I open it up again the track changes are still there in vision. Any help would be much appreciated, I need to send this document clean to other people. Jad

:)

Jad Adams, Sep 6, 2018
  2. HunterKeith Win User

Track changes in Word for Windows Mobile

Hi Community -

I am attempting to make the 950 XL with docking station my exclusive machine for business and personal use. So far it is 100% capable, with a single exception: there doesn't seem to be any way to track changes in a Word document when using the mobile version.
    There is indeed a ribbon button for tracked changes, but when I click it, I am told that I need to install Office 365. I have a 365 subscription, but there doesn't seem to be any way to activate it on the phone. Can someone tell me if this is possible, and
    whether the tracked-changes function will ultimately work?

Thanks!

HunterKeith, Sep 6, 2018
  3. avelos156 Win User
    Unable to "Turn on Tracking Protection" for a specific administrator account

IE11 (automatic updates), Win10.

I'm unable to set Tracking Protection working for a specific user account. While for all other user accounts (normal users) in the same machine Tracking Protection works, for the administrator account it cannot be enabled.

I have downloaded 3 tracking protection lists that are in status "Enabled".

The lists can be enabled/disabled freely.

Even though all 3 lists are enabled, tracking protection does not work at all.

When I click on Settings -> Safety, the corresponding menu option always reads "Turn on Tracking Protection" no matter how many times I select it. In the other accounts where the tracking protection works this menu option reads "Turn off Tracking Protection".

The account's personalized tracking protection list remains in status "Disabled" no matter how many times I have tried to enable it. Although I do not need this list at all, it is an indication/confirmation that something is wrong with my tracking protection.
    For the other user accounts the personalized tracking protection list can be freely enabled/disabled.

I run the ProcessMonitor to see if there is any kind of access issues with the administrator account, but it looks pretty good. No "Access Denied" issues, no weird results.

I also completely removed all IE folders in appdata folder and all IE enties under registry key HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer. Everything was recreated at IE11 first launch, however the issue remains.

Any suggestions?

avelos156, Sep 6, 2018
  4. Sasqui Win User

Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Sep 6, 2018
Thema:

1. Turning off track changes in Word - Similar Threads - Turning off track

2. Turning off track changes on PC with Office 365

in Windows 10 Customization
    Turning off track changes on PC with Office 365: I recently updated to Office 365 on my Windows 10 PC. I am unable to turn off track changes for any documents or templates. I have tried all actions suggested on Goggle. What can I do to permanently remove track changes from templates and Word documents?...
  3. Track Changes - Changing Color

Track Changes - Changing Color: I would like to change the color every time that I issue comments, so there will be separation from my previous comments to the same document. When I tried to change the color in Track Changes, it changed my previous comments as well.. Thanks...
  4. Firefox Changing Approach to Anti-tracking

in Windows 10 News
    Firefox Changing Approach to Anti-tracking: Anyone who isn’t an expert on the internet would be hard-pressed to explain how tracking on the internet actually works. Some of the negative effects of unchecked tracking are easy to notice, namely eerily-specific targeted advertising and a loss of performance on the web....
  5. Turn off notifications

Turn off notifications: How do I switch off the notifications in windows 10 on a laptop that pop up in the bottom right corner, it's like Gmail, YouTube alerts etc 112955
  6. Word 2013 Track Changes not working in Windows 10

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Word 2013 Track Changes not working in Windows 10: I believe I have everything set up correctly to track changes, but no additions or deletions show up. Comments do work. I wanted additions to appear in the text in color and deletions to appear in the righthand margin. I selected the following: --Track Changes --All...
  7. Screen resolution changes when monitor is turned off

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Screen resolution changes when monitor is turned off: Hi guys. First off lemme start by praising the people who run and post on this board, it's an endless mine of informations and a never ending academy for learning all the tips and tricks of anything pc-related...so keep up the good work guys! Unfortunately I'm writing here...
  8. Screen Turns Off and Desktop Resolution Changes

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Screen Turns Off and Desktop Resolution Changes: The title probably could use some work. Feel free to edit, anyone, if you know a better one. Here's the deal: I've got a big monitor running the recommended 3840 x 2160 resolution. I have items all over my desktop that I am working with. If I let the screen sleep...
  9. Turn off Animation when saving Word doc? (Win 10)

in Windows 10 Support
    Turn off Animation when saving Word doc? (Win 10): Hello friends, I am new to the forum. I am a former software developer and can usually troubleshoot most pc issues, but this one has me stumped. I have a new HP laptop running Windows 10, with Office 2000 installed. When I save a Word document, there is a bizarre...
  10. Turn On or Off App Launch Tracking in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off App Launch Tracking in Windows 10: Thanks for the tip. Unfortunately I have the "Let Windows track app launches to improve Start and search results" option greyed out (..."some settings hidden/managed by your organizaition"). Registry trick doesn't help, Start_TrackProgs is already set to 1. I'd really...