Windows 10: Turning off track changes in Word

Discus and support Turning off track changes in Word in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi all, how do I turn off track changes in Word? I don't mean going to Review, selecting track changes and deleting the preferences. I have done that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Jad Adams, Sep 6, 2018.

1. Jad Adams Win User

Turning off track changes in Word

Hi all, how do I turn off track changes in Word? I don't mean going to Review, selecting track changes and deleting the preferences. I have done that many times and saved the document and when I open it up again the track changes are still there in vision. Any help would be much appreciated, I need to send this document clean to other people. Jad

:)

Jad Adams, Sep 6, 2018

2. Track changes in Word for Windows Mobile

Hi Community -

I am attempting to make the 950 XL with docking station my exclusive machine for business and personal use. So far it is 100% capable, with a single exception: there doesn't seem to be any way to track changes in a Word document when using the mobile version.
    There is indeed a ribbon button for tracked changes, but when I click it, I am told that I need to install Office 365. I have a 365 subscription, but there doesn't seem to be any way to activate it on the phone. Can someone tell me if this is possible, and
    whether the tracked-changes function will ultimately work?

Thanks!

HunterKeith, Sep 6, 2018
  3. avelos156 Win User
    Unable to "Turn on Tracking Protection" for a specific administrator account

IE11 (automatic updates), Win10.

I'm unable to set Tracking Protection working for a specific user account. While for all other user accounts (normal users) in the same machine Tracking Protection works, for the administrator account it cannot be enabled.

I have downloaded 3 tracking protection lists that are in status "Enabled".

The lists can be enabled/disabled freely.

Even though all 3 lists are enabled, tracking protection does not work at all.

When I click on Settings -> Safety, the corresponding menu option always reads "Turn on Tracking Protection" no matter how many times I select it. In the other accounts where the tracking protection works this menu option reads "Turn off Tracking Protection".

The account's personalized tracking protection list remains in status "Disabled" no matter how many times I have tried to enable it. Although I do not need this list at all, it is an indication/confirmation that something is wrong with my tracking protection.
    For the other user accounts the personalized tracking protection list can be freely enabled/disabled.

I run the ProcessMonitor to see if there is any kind of access issues with the administrator account, but it looks pretty good. No "Access Denied" issues, no weird results.

I also completely removed all IE folders in appdata folder and all IE enties under registry key HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer. Everything was recreated at IE11 first launch, however the issue remains.

Any suggestions?

avelos156, Sep 6, 2018
  4. Sasqui Win User

Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Sep 6, 2018
Thema:

1. Turning off track changes in Word - Similar Threads - Turning off track

2. Turn 'Word Wrap' off default in Notepad

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Turn 'Word Wrap' off default in Notepad: My PC has recently updated, and with it a new version of Notepad has shown up this is the first time I've seen tabs in a notepad.Frustratingly, Word Wrap is now ticked on by default whenever a notepad is opened. I don't want it on, ever. I have no idea how to set it so that...
  3. Turn 'Word Wrap' off default in Notepad

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Turn 'Word Wrap' off default in Notepad: My PC has recently updated, and with it a new version of Notepad has shown up this is the first time I've seen tabs in a notepad.Frustratingly, Word Wrap is now ticked on by default whenever a notepad is opened. I don't want it on, ever. I have no idea how to set it so that...
  4. Turn Off WordPad and Word Web

in Windows 10 Customization
    Turn Off WordPad and Word Web: I want to only have all new and existing Word documents open, edit in the full WORD functionality and not WordPad and not Word Web. How do I disable these Windows10 capabilities? How do I know I am in full WORD functionality versus WordPad, Word Web. Thank you....
  5. off -facebook tracking

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    off -facebook tracking: this got turned off and I lost 2 games and cannot get them back How do I turn back on https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/off-facebook-tracking/db5ab7f0-c04f-4dc1-9423-e57d4334663b
  6. Tracking changes

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Tracking changes: What is the trick to turning on Track Changes in Word in Office 365? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/tracking-changes/6767ac22-2f9a-41ad-9a22-3b807d4467e9
  7. Turn off track pad when mouse is present

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Turn off track pad when mouse is present: just running the by everyone. I'm configuring a dell inspiration 13 7368, I have been unable to turn off the trackpad. No options seem to be available in either control panel or setting/trackpad or settings/mouse. and no trackpad software. although the trackpad works great. I...
  8. Turning off track changes on PC with Office 365

in Windows 10 Customization
    Turning off track changes on PC with Office 365: I recently updated to Office 365 on my Windows 10 PC. I am unable to turn off track changes for any documents or templates. I have tried all actions suggested on Goggle. What can I do to permanently remove track changes from templates and Word documents?...
  9. Word 2013 Track Changes not working in Windows 10

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Word 2013 Track Changes not working in Windows 10: I believe I have everything set up correctly to track changes, but no additions or deletions show up. Comments do work. I wanted additions to appear in the text in color and deletions to appear in the righthand margin. I selected the following: --Track Changes --All...
  10. Turn On or Off App Launch Tracking in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off App Launch Tracking in Windows 10: How to: Turn On or Off App Launch Tracking in Windows 10 How to Turn On or Off App Launch Tracking in Windows 10 Windows can personalize your Start menu based on the apps that you launch. This allows you to quickly have access to your list of Most used apps both in the...