Windows 10: Turning off UAC for good

Discus and support Turning off UAC for good in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Long story short. I am a fire alarm tech. I use different softwares but one cannot open if UAC is on amy setting but Never Notify Me when: and IT is no... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/tenebralupo, Jun 15, 2020.

1. Turning off UAC for good

Long story short. I am a fire alarm tech. I use different softwares but one cannot open if UAC is on amy setting but Never Notify Me when: and IT is no help as HQ wants it but HQ don't understand it hinders our productivity. Is there a way to keep it at NEVER whenever I use my laptop? As soon I log into Internet IT's protocol detects the modification and bring it back up one notch.

It is as aggravating as if I close my software for opening another one (because both software cannot be opened at the same time) they turn I back on and I have to manually bring it back to off if I want to reopen it.

I fail to see related information on my issue.

submitted by /u/tenebralupo
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/tenebralupo, Jun 15, 2020

2. UAC not allowing software activation

Once again the so called support engineer did not even read the entire thread before posting yet another solution that did not do any good.

However, I was able to solve my situation without your help after all. My original question was how do I turn off UAC. the method suggested in this thread only turns the notifications for UAC off not the UAC itself. In order to turn off UAC completely,
    I went into the registry and turned it off there. After doing this, everything installed perfectly.

Here is a link to read about turning off UAC:

How to turn off and disable UAC in Windows 10

DISCLAMER: Making edits to the registry is EXTREMELY dangerous and could cause damage to your computer. Consult a trained professional with any questions.

DuckJammerCCC, Jun 15, 2020
  3. Any way to enable an admin password for UAC in windows 10?

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft community.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if this helps:

• Open User Account Control Settings by clicking the Start button.
    • Then type uac, and then click Change User Account Control settings.

• Do one of the following:
    • To turn off UAC, move the slider to the Never notify position, and then click
      OK. If you're prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation. You will need to restart your computer for UAC to be turned off.
    • To turn on UAC, move the slider to choose when you want to be notified, and then click
      OK. If you're prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.

Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Andria Maria Mendez, Jun 15, 2020
  4. Turning off UAC for good

Problem with UAC in win 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Appreciate your interest in using Windows 10.

To disable UAC prompts, I suggest you to follow the steps provided below:

• In the search bar, type Control Panel and press Enter.
    • Click on User Accounts and again click on User Accounts.
    • Click on Change User account control settings.
    • Provide password for the UAC prompt.
    • Drag the box from Always Notify to Never Notify and click on OK.
    • Provide password for the UAC prompt (if asked again).

Important: Turning off UAC reduces the security of your computer and may expose you to increased risk from malicious software. We do not recommend leaving UAC disabled.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to write to us for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Jun 15, 2020
Thema:

Turning off UAC for good

1. Turning off UAC for good - Similar Threads - Turning off UAC

2. I have turned off UAC in Administrator account, but user accounts still have UAC enabled

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have turned off UAC in Administrator account, but user accounts still have UAC enabled: I turned off UAC in the Administrator account. I have software that will not run with it enabled. However, the users still have UAC enabled. When I try to change UAC when logged in as a user I get "need administrative authority" or something like that, to make changes to UAC....
  3. UAC will not turn off

in Windows 10 Customization
    UAC will not turn off: I want to use colemak. I try to download AutoHotKey to do so, and UAC stops me. I go to control panel and go to UAC settings, but UAC stops me from editing UAC settings. I need help before I flip my table....
  4. Is it a good idea to turn off sleep on a drive?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Is it a good idea to turn off sleep on a drive?: Besides my main nvme which was windows, my pc has 2 hdds. I was always hearing the sound of the drive walking about after i hadnt used it for a while and i was wondering why. Until it hit me today XD There should be an option that forces the drive to go to sleep. And of...
  5. Edge not printing when UAC is turned off.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Edge not printing when UAC is turned off.: Whenever I click the "print" option in Edge (non-Chromium), the dialog box never comes up. This is with UAC turned off; when it's on, the box comes up fine. I'm an IT manager at an organization and our PCs are on Windows 10 Enterprise 2004. I'm stumped on what could be...
  6. command to Turn off UAC prompts on specific Apps

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    command to Turn off UAC prompts on specific Apps: I have tested an application called Louts note version 5 on my Win 10 V 1909 and it is working fine except one small annoying issue. There is a file nupdate.exe is pop up from time to time. Is there a CMD or PowerShell command to turn off UAC or to disable this nupdate.exe...
  7. command to Turn off UAC prompts on specific Apps

in Windows 10 Support
    command to Turn off UAC prompts on specific Apps: I have tested an application called Louts note version 5 on my Win 10 V 1909 and it is working fine except one small annoying issue. There is a file nupdate.exe is pop up from time to time. Is there a CMD or PowerShell command to turn off UAC or to disable this nupdate.exe...
  8. UAC is consistently turning itself off.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    UAC is consistently turning itself off.: After researching the forums this morning I have decided to post my issue; I am consistently resetting the UAC (image below) and rebooting to allow Edge and Calculator to function as normal. [img] What must be done to keep this setting in its place permanently?...
  9. Turning off UAC causes Error

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Turning off UAC causes Error: Hello. I always used to have my UAC turned off, and was very happy being able to quickly open up different programs with administrator privileges using the WinKey+R. However, ever since upgrading to windows 10, turning UAC triggers the "This app Can't Open" error...
  10. Settings App & UAC Off

in Windows 10 Support
    Settings App & UAC Off: What's the deal with the Settings App not launching with UAC off? Is there a way around this? 7286