Windows 10: Turning Off Using PIN when PC starts up

Discus and support Turning Off Using PIN when PC starts up in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; When I go to Settings/Accounts/Signin Options/Windows Hello Pin....tap it...REMOVE is Gray/not active. I want to stop being required to enter the... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by denmarfl, Jan 31, 2021.

1. denmarfl Win User

Turning Off Using PIN when PC starts up

When I go to Settings/Accounts/Signin Options/Windows Hello Pin....tap it...REMOVE is Gray/not active. I want to stop being required to enter the PN......how would I do that ......

:)

denmarfl, Jan 31, 2021

2. PIN at start up

Hi Scott,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I suggest you to follow the below steps how to Change PIN password:

• In the search box, type settings.
    • Then Click on accounts.
    • Then on the left hand side click on sign in options.
    • Then you can Select Change PIN password and remove the pin.
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Jan 31, 2021
  3. How to pin shortcut to start menu.

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

As per the description, I understand that you would like to know how to pin short cut to start menu.

I would suggest you to refer to the article given below if you are using Windows 7.

Pin a program to the Start menu

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/Pin-a-program-to-the-Start-menu

And if you are using Windows 10 then I would suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below.

Pin apps to Start

Pin the apps you use most often to the Start menu. Here's how:

• Go to Start > All Apps.
    • Press and hold (or right-click) an app.
    • Select Pin to Start.

Hope this helps. Please let us know the results. We will be happy to assist you further.

Mayank Gupta10, Jan 31, 2021
  4. Arun B J Win User

Windows 10 Pin HTML file to Start Menu

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

You can pin the website to Start

• Open the web site and click on (…)
    • Click on pin to start

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help

Arun B J, Jan 31, 2021
Thema:

1. Turning Off Using PIN when PC starts up - Similar Threads - Turning Off Using

2. Turn off the pin option when starting my desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Turn off the pin option when starting my desktop: I also have a desktop with windows 11 and when I attempt to follow the instructions on how to disable the pin option, the disabled button is greyed out and unable to select it. Why do I have to have a pin option to sign into my own computer in my home. These tech companies...
  3. Turn off the pin option when starting my desktop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Turn off the pin option when starting my desktop: I also have a desktop with windows 11 and when I attempt to follow the instructions on how to disable the pin option, the disabled button is greyed out and unable to select it. Why do I have to have a pin option to sign into my own computer in my home. These tech companies...
  4. Sound turns off when computer wakes up or starts

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sound turns off when computer wakes up or starts: All of a sudden, every time I start up my computer or it wakes up from sleep mode, the sound is turned off. I didn't change any settings. This just started yesterday....
  5. Sound turns off when computer wakes up or starts

Sound turns off when computer wakes up or starts: All of a sudden, every time I start up my computer or it wakes up from sleep mode, the sound is turned off. I didn't change any settings. This just started yesterday....
  6. PC Monitor Shuts off when starting up games.

PC Monitor Shuts off when starting up games.: I’ve had my PC for over a year now and it’s been working great. But the other day I started up one of the only games I play and after around 5 minutes my screen and sound shut off. When I say the screen shut off it went black but I could tell it was still on. It was like a...
  7. PC Monitor Shuts off when starting up games.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC Monitor Shuts off when starting up games.: I’ve had my PC for over a year now and it’s been working great. But the other day I started up one of the only games I play and after around 5 minutes my screen and sound shut off. When I say the screen shut off it went black but I could tell it was still on. It was like a...
  8. turn off the password when starting the computer

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    turn off the password when starting the computer: turn off the password when starting the computer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/turn-off-the-password-when-starting-the-computer/cdf1fe2d-248e-4cd7-9fdd-c64b5a268ab6
  9. PC turns off while in use.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC turns off while in use.: My PC turns off while I am using it. If it sits idle for over 20 seconds, it shuts down. I have to hit the ON/OFF switch and wait for it to re-boot back up. It takes me back to where I was at. [moved from office forum]...
  10. Lights on when PC is turned off

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Lights on when PC is turned off: Hi, I have a mouse and keyboard that have RGB lights. When I turn off my computer the lights stay on the keyboard and mouse (this happens when they are connected to the back of the computer, straight into the motherboard.... So I tried plugging them into the top front...