Windows 10: Turning off Windows 10 home pin request

Discus and support Turning off Windows 10 home pin request in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; I have new Dell Laptop with windows 10 Home. I want to sign in to Windows store but it keeps requesting a windows hello PIN. I do not have a Windows... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by MartinPhillips_804, Jan 23, 2021.

1. Turning off Windows 10 home pin request

I have new Dell Laptop with windows 10 Home. I want to sign in to Windows store but it keeps requesting a windows hello PIN. I do not have a Windows Hello PIN. In the settings/account/sign in options, it says this option is currently unavailable so I cant disable it.

On my other computers running windows 10 there is no requirement for a Hello PIN.

I would really appreciate a solution

:)

MartinPhillips_804, Jan 23, 2021
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jan 23, 2021
  3. pin request

Hi sanjay28

Thank you for posting and welcome to Nokia forum! :Cool:

Your Nokia device requests PIN (Personal Identification Number) code to protect your SIM card and device against unauthorized use. Note that all PIN code is provided by your network operator. Nokia is not able
    to provide you PIN or PUK codes.

Please note the following:

• When your insert your SIM card and boot up your device for the first time, you need to enter the PIN code. For security reasons it is recommended to change it to your own code, instructions on how to change the PIN code in your
      device is provided in the user guide or Nokia web site. If the PIN code is entered incorrectly multiple times, your device may request a PUK code to futher validate the user's identity and to unlock and change the blocked PIN code.

• The PIN2 code is a PIN code which acts as a second layer of protection for certain features of your phone. If the PIN2 code is entered incorrectly multiple
      times, your phone may request a PUK2 code.
    If you have forgotten or simply do not know the codes, you must contact your Network Operator for assistance. However, if you have already contacted but the code does not work, you should consider getting a new SIM card from your Network Operator.

emilygreen---01, Jan 23, 2021
  4. EdTittel Win User

Turning off Windows 10 home pin request

a request for device descriptor request failed

Maybe it's time to step back from the current efforts, and start over. I suggest you read over this excellent tutorial and try all of its steps: [Solved] Unknown USB Device (Device Descriptor Request Failed) for Windows 10 - Driver Easy. The one that may provide you with some easy relief is the one where you uninstall the device whose descriptor is failing, reboot, and see what happens when device enumeration recurs during boot-up. If you're lucky, it will fix itself.
    HTH,
    --Ed--

EdTittel, Jan 23, 2021
Thema:

Turning off Windows 10 home pin request

1. Turning off Windows 10 home pin request - Similar Threads - Turning off home

2. Turn OFF Windows PIN

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Turn OFF Windows PIN: The OPTION to turn off Windows PIN is disabled. This is my HOME Computer and it is annoying having to sign in whenever I leave the computer for a couple minutes. How can I turn this off? I'm using Windows 11 Pro. Thank you....
  3. Turn OFF Windows PIN

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Turn OFF Windows PIN: The OPTION to turn off Windows PIN is disabled. This is my HOME Computer and it is annoying having to sign in whenever I leave the computer for a couple minutes. How can I turn this off? I'm using Windows 11 Pro. Thank you....
  4. How to turn off pin

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    How to turn off pin: how to turn this off https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-turn-off-pin/da8886b4-6103-4204-876a-b022ebd6d046
  5. Turning off pin/password expiration windows 10 home.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Turning off pin/password expiration windows 10 home.: Tried searching google for the answer and guides to do this serviced everything but windows 10 home. Windows 10 pro has features Windows 10 home doesn't have. I'd like to not have to change my password everything month. Get's annoying. Edit: OS: Windows 10 Home CPU:...
  6. How to Turn off Windows 10 password / pin

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How to Turn off Windows 10 password / pin: The "Users must enter a user name and password to use this computer" option is unchecked in netplwiz, "Require sign-in" option in settings is set to "Never", but I'm still asked to enter my PIN everytime. I live alone and don't need any safety measures. There was a 5 year old...
  7. Windows 10 home 1909 disable pin request

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows 10 home 1909 disable pin request: Hello! Windows 10 home 1909, every time, after restart ask create PIN, how to disable that f... function. I was trying to find solution, but those all solutions is for WINDOWS PRO edition, I have HOME EDITION. Thank Yoy...
  8. Turn off MTP in Window 10 Home

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Turn off MTP in Window 10 Home: - I turned off USB storage devices by going into Regedit and changing value of USBSTOR to 4. - However if I connect my Android phone, it is still recognized as MTP and I can copy files back and forth. How can I turn off MTP and other USB storage options to ensure that no one...
  9. Windows 10 PIN request

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows 10 PIN request: After the latest update, after I boot up and before I log on, Windows asks me to create a PIN. Is this request legitimate? Can I turn this off? This is a PC without touchscreen or camera for facial recognition....
  10. Advice requested for turning off Windows 10 updates

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Advice requested for turning off Windows 10 updates: What are your thoughts about removing the Windows Anniversary Update from our computers and disabling Windows Updates? We use Windows 10 Pro on a network consisting of 8 computers in our business. Windows automatically installs updates and it causes problems with our...