Windows 10: Turning off windows HD color gives black screen with new Nvidia drivers

Discus and support Turning off windows HD color gives black screen with new Nvidia drivers in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I've received my Alienware area 51m r2 couple weeks ago with i7-10700k, 2070 super and 4k display. After updating Nvidia driver my laptop screen turned... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by a-cubed, Mar 22, 2021.

1. a-cubed Win User

Turning off windows HD color gives black screen with new Nvidia drivers

I've received my Alienware area 51m r2 couple weeks ago with i7-10700k, 2070 super and 4k display. After updating Nvidia driver my laptop screen turned black with unplug sound, I've tried many drivers and the only drivers that worked fine are the one that came with the system 451.67 and one that I downloaded 452.06.

After trying different drivers I found out that the cause of the problem is Windows HD color. When I turn off the switch for windows HD color my screen turns black with new Nvidia drivers. This black screen also happens when unplugging the AC adapter because the HD color turns off when on battery.

I've also tried changing the battery option in the HD color to optimize for image quality but it switches to optimize for battery life when unplugged from AC.

Can anyone please help me!! staying plugged in all the time is not convenient at all, and I need the latest Nvidia driver to use the latest octane render.

:)

a-cubed, Mar 22, 2021

2. Black screen after installing Intel HD Graphics 630 driver

The screen turns black as soon as Intel HD Graphics 630 drivers are updated.

All other drivers are installed and updated.

Everything works normally until the driver is being installed. During the installation process the screen goes black. The cursor does not appear and the keyboard is still lit.

Whenever i restarted the laptop, after the windows loading screen, the screen goes back to black. The solution is to enter safe mode and uninstall the HD Graphics 630 driver, therefore
    using the Microsoft Basic Video Adapter.

However, with this basic driver, the laptop performance drops in applications that require graphics processing, making it impractical to use in such situations.

I tried these possible solutions:

• I tried to install several versions of the driver, which were available on the dell website itself or on the intel website, and all of them had a black screen during the installation.
    • I disabled Windows Update because it was Installing the driver automatically and the screen was turning black after a few minutes, so it doesn't work too.
    • I have also completely uninstalled the nvidia and intel drivers using DDU and tried to install hd graphics 630 drivers, but the black screen still persists.
    • Tried to update using the device manager. Same thing, screen still turns black.
    • I also tried to use an external monitor to see if there was video, the issue persists.
    • I already contacted dell and intell support, noboby seems to have a solution.

Laptop: Dell Inspiron 15 Gaming 7567
    Windows 10 Pro version 1903
    Bios version 1.10.0
    Intel HD Graphics 630
    NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti
    Intel Core i7-7700HQ

ThiagoBarbosa9, Mar 22, 2021
  3. hazzz Win User
    nvidia geforce 341.02 driver causes black screen

I am also having the same problem, ie. black screen. I am using an alienware M11x laptop and Geforce nvidia 342.01 driver. (Until now I couldnt find a solution)For the past 1 month, I have been looking for a solution in the internet and havent found one, although there are varieties of solutions have been offered and I have tried all those solutions, but none works on my laptop. Most of them suggest to reboot to safe mode, and after that use DDU to uninstall and clean all Nvidia driver related files in the system, and perform a custom install of the driver (Perform Clean Install). I have done that and once it is finished installing the driver, it reboots and there it goes again, BLACK SCREEN. Now I am using the standard Intel HD driver, very standard one.Appreciate any info to solve this. Thanks.

hazzz, Mar 22, 2021
  4. Turning off windows HD color gives black screen with new Nvidia drivers

nvidia geforce 341.02 driver causes black screen

I followed your tip of uninstalling the existing driver before installing the new one, and it works! No black screens and no need to force restart the PC.

These are the steps i took:
    - Uninstalled the existing driver via Device Manager, restarted.
    After the reboot, Windows will immediately attempt to reinstall it, so i opened the task manager, and killed the "Driver Installation Module" process.

- Installed the driver downloaded from nvidia, and voilá, currently running 365.19, no issues so far.

WinInsiderBeta, Mar 22, 2021
Thema:

Turning off windows HD color gives black screen with new Nvidia drivers

1. Turning off windows HD color gives black screen with new Nvidia drivers - Similar Threads - Turning off color

2. nvidia drivers installing stays in one spot then screen turns black

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    nvidia drivers installing stays in one spot then screen turns black: the current issue is error code 43 when i go to display drivers and i’m trying to fix that issue by downloading drivers, but then download stays in one spot, then my whole screen turns black but my pc stays on. i just installed my 3060ti after i changed my power supply.b...
  3. nvidia drivers installing stays in one spot then screen turns black

in Windows 10 Gaming
    nvidia drivers installing stays in one spot then screen turns black: the current issue is error code 43 when i go to display drivers and i’m trying to fix that issue by downloading drivers, but then download stays in one spot, then my whole screen turns black but my pc stays on. i just installed my 3060ti after i changed my power supply.b...
  4. nvidia drivers installing stays in one spot then screen turns black

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Black screen after installing Nvidia Drivers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Black screen after installing Nvidia Drivers: I am on a Lenovo Legion 5 Pro Gen 7 laptop with Ryzen 6800h and a RTX 3060. I was installing the newest Nvidia Drivers and after the drivers were halfway through downloading, my screen went black and I wasn't able to do anything. I restarted my computer multiple times, booted...
  6. Black screen after installing Nvidia Drivers

Black screen after installing Nvidia Drivers: I am on a Lenovo Legion 5 Pro Gen 7 laptop with Ryzen 6800h and a RTX 3060. I was installing the newest Nvidia Drivers and after the drivers were halfway through downloading, my screen went black and I wasn't able to do anything. I restarted my computer multiple times, booted...
  7. Black screen after installing Nvidia driver.

Black screen after installing Nvidia driver.: I've been dealing with this for a few weeks now. Anytime I try to update my driver to a Nvidia driver the screen will go black. It'll make a noise when I click on my mouse like there's a pop up but obviously I can't see it. When you restart the computer it'll freeze on the...
  8. Black screen after installing Nvidia driver.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Black screen after installing Nvidia driver.: I've been dealing with this for a few weeks now. Anytime I try to update my driver to a Nvidia driver the screen will go black. It'll make a noise when I click on my mouse like there's a pop up but obviously I can't see it. When you restart the computer it'll freeze on the...
  9. Screen black and white, but color filter is off

in Windows 10 Customization
    Screen black and white, but color filter is off: So my screen is black and white (grayscale) however the color filters are off. I had this problem happen before with the color filter. But this time is completely off. Is there another setting somewhere that does a similar thing?...
  10. Updated nVidia drivers, screens blacking out

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Updated nVidia drivers, screens blacking out: I"m not getting a BSOD, but the system is recording all sorts of errors and warnings, so hopefully this is the right place... Windows 10 Pro, EVGA Geforce 970 GTX. Winver SAYS it’s running 1803. I GENERALLY try to keep the nvidia drivers current, but that may have been a...