Windows 10: Turning off Windows Ink?

Discus and support Turning off Windows Ink? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hello, I have a laptop and when I'm playing games, sometimes it starts up Windows Ink or Pen or whatever it is. I don't know how I always start it up,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Corn_Boyy, May 19, 2020.

1. Turning off Windows Ink?

Hello, I have a laptop and when I'm playing games, sometimes it starts up Windows Ink or Pen or whatever it is. I don't know how I always start it up, or, and most importantly, how to turn it off... I've found how to disable it completely, but never found how to turn it off so i can write on my keyboard and disable it... Thanks for help.

submitted by /u/Corn_Boyy
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Corn_Boyy, May 19, 2020
  2. Argel Obm Win User

Windows Ink Workspace - Reset/Clearing Contents Programmatically

Hi Robert,

Windows Ink Workspace is part of the system icons. Just like the Start button, the process of Windows Ink Workspace is not going to present in Task Manager. If do not want your users to use the Windows Ink Workspace, we recommend that you disable it. You
    can disable Windows Ink Workspace by following these steps:

• Click the Windows logo (Start button).
    • Click the gear icon (Settings).
    • Select Personalization.
    • On the left pane, choose Taskbar.
    • Under Notification area, click Turn system icons on or off.
    • Locate Windows Ink Workspace, and then click the slider to turn it off.
    • You will now notice that the Windows Ink Workspace is gone from the Taskbar.

If you still want to have a function that will allow you to automatically reset or clear the contents of Windows Ink Workspace, we recommend that you post your suggested function using the Feedback Hub like what was mentioned by
    Erika Aro so that our Engineers can look into it and release your suggested feature on the next update of Windows 10.

Regards.

Argel Obm, May 19, 2020
  3. microsoft ink

Hi,

Windows Ink feature is not applicable to all laptop or devices. We suggest that you visit this

link
    to get the list of Windows Ink enabled devices.

Regards.

Anthony Gal, May 19, 2020
  4. Turning off Windows Ink?

Ink worksapce apps appear on non-touch screen

Hi Ian,

With regard to your query, since applications normally open on the primary screen, we suggest that you try switching both screens from primary to secondary. If the issue persist, try uninstalling and reinstalling the feature by following the steps below:

• Click on Settings.
    • Select Personalization.
    • Click on Taskbar.
    • Turn System Icons On or Off.
    • Locate the Windows Ink Workspace icon and set it to
      Off
    • Reboot the PC.
    • Repeat steps 1 to 4.
    • Locate the Windows Ink Workspace icon and set it to
      On
    • Reboot the PC for the changes to take effect.

Let us know the result.

Rafael Com, May 19, 2020
Thema:

Turning off Windows Ink?

1. Turning off Windows Ink? - Similar Threads - Turning off Ink

2. Windows 11 Pen & Windows Ink won't turn off

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Pen & Windows Ink won't turn off: Hi all, I've disabled Pen & Windows Ink before using a register hack in Win 10. Then I upgraded to Win 11 and everything seemed fine until today. Somehow the feature has been re-enabled!? The handwriting thing keeps popping up in selectboxes. Also the blue drop icon is back....
  3. Windows 11 Pen & Windows Ink won't turn off

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Pen & Windows Ink won't turn off: Hi all, I've disabled Pen & Windows Ink before using a register hack in Win 10. Then I upgraded to Win 11 and everything seemed fine until today. Somehow the feature has been re-enabled!? The handwriting thing keeps popping up in selectboxes. Also the blue drop icon is back....
  4. windows ink does not have the ability to turn off the handwriting things. how do i turn it off.

in Windows 10 Customization
    windows ink does not have the ability to turn off the handwriting things. how do i turn it off.: please help me. I don't know how i can turn off the handwriting thing when i click in a text box. this is very frustrating. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-ink-does-not-have-the-ability-to-turn-off/448e0cc9-fbcf-4231-8bb1-1faa553dc33a
  5. Windows Turn on/off

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows Turn on/off: I am using windows 10 home single language am facing an issue from the starting of Nov. Whenever I try to run Inventor or Autocad basically ran this two heavy software my laptop suddenly shows blue screen of error and it restart after a some time and for that day am not face...
  6. Windows ink

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows ink: Hello. I have a really disturbing issue with win 10 which is that whenever i alt+tab through a game or an application. Windows decides to do dumb stuff that I never agreed to or wanted. This stupid windows ink keyboard activates and my computer is unusable until it decides to...
  7. Bamboo Ink not "turning on"

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bamboo Ink not "turning on": I don't know how to explain it but my bamboo ink went from working to failing to connect and work. I bought new AAAA batteries thinking that was the issue but it did nothing to change the outcome. When I hold down the top button there is no blue light that shows on the pen....
  8. Turn On or Off Inking & Typing Personalization in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off Inking & Typing Personalization in Windows 10: How to: Turn On or Off Inking & Typing Personalization in Windows 10 How to Turn On or Off Getting to know you for Inking & Typing Personalization in Windows 10 When the user dictionary for you that is used to make better typing suggestions and improve handwriting...
  9. Turn On or Off Improve Inking & Typing Recognition in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off Improve Inking & Typing Recognition in Windows 10: How to: Turn On or Off Improve Inking & Typing Recognition in Windows 10 How to Turn On or Off Improve Inking & Typing Recognition in Windows 10 Starting with Windows 10 build 17115, Windows 10 has gotten a new privacy screen settings layout. Users can turn on or off...
  10. Windows Ink 1: Introduction to Ink and Pen

in Windows 10 News
    Windows Ink 1: Introduction to Ink and Pen: Using a pen and computer has an interesting history that goes farther back than you’d think. In 1888, the first patent for a “electric stylus device for capturing handwriting” was issued to Elisha Gray for the Telautograph. In fact, pen input was being used 20 years before...