Windows 10: turning on my computer's hotspot for internent sharing

Discus and support turning on my computer's hotspot for internent sharing in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; please, how do i turn on my computer's hot spot for internet sharing to another computer... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by opeyemiDaramola, Feb 6, 2019.

1. turning on my computer's hotspot for internent sharing

please, how do i turn on my computer's hot spot for internet sharing to another computer

:)

opeyemiDaramola, Feb 6, 2019

2. Wifi turns off automatically when a device is connected to my hotspot

Whenever a device is connected to my hotspot the wifi is turning off automatically thereby stopping the hotspot.

To turn the Windows 10 hotspot on, in first step I have turned on the Wireless Network Connection as shown in the below image.

turning on my computer's hotspot for internent sharing [​IMG]

After that I did following steps in Command Prompt(Admin) for hotspot
    1. netsh wlan set hostednetwork mode=allow ssid=MyWiFi key=mypassword
    2. netsh wlan start hostednetwork

In netsh wlan show hostednetwork command, it shows the hotspot had started successfully as shown in the below image.

But whenever a device is connected to this hotspot the wifi is turning off automatically thereby stopping the hotspot.

I have unchecked the Power management option i.e, Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power.
    All driver are updated to the latest versions.

Please help

luck pradeep, Feb 6, 2019
  3. I want to Turn My PC Into WiFi Hotspot and Share your Internet Connection

Turn My PC Into WiFi Hotspot and Share my Internet Connection

I have done steps 1 and 2 (see below) and were carried out successfully. However, cannot carryout steps 3, 4 and 5. cant't seem to find them as indicted in windows 10.

• Step 1: Go To Window icon and Search for “Command Prompt” and run it as administrator.
    • Step 2: Now, to create a Hosted Network and start it, just enter the following two command into Command Prompt and Press Enter:
    • 1. netsh wlan set hostednetwork mode=allow ssid=Mashnol key=Mashnol123
    • 2. netsh wlan start hostednetwork
    • : Now one Hosted Network ( ssid=”Mashnol”) is created.
    • Step 3 For this, Right Click on “WiFi” tray icon on taskbar –> Go To “Open Network and Sharing Centre”. Here you can see “LAN” with your SSID.
    • Step 4: Right Click on the Ethernet/Wireless Internet connection to which you want to make as a WiFi hotspot –> “Properties” –> Under “Sharing” Tab–> Tick Checkbox “Allow other network users to connect through this computer’s internet connection”
      –> Now select “LAN” of your SSID from Drop Down Menu in “Home Networking Connection”.
    • Step 5: Setting part is done. Now you can connect your Mobile or other PC systems with this WiFi hotspot and enjoy Internet connection.

thanks

lifespan1000, Feb 6, 2019
  4. turning on my computer's hotspot for internent sharing

hotspot

But mobile hotspot is not startng. when i clicking to turn on hotspot it is not turning on

HarishankarBehera, Feb 6, 2019
Thema:

turning on my computer's hotspot for internent sharing

1. turning on my computer's hotspot for internent sharing - Similar Threads - turning computer's hotspot

2. Computer Hangs When I turn On the Computer Hotspot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer Hangs When I turn On the Computer Hotspot: I have windows 10 on my Desktop Computer 3in1 computer and after a series of update and restart any time I turn ON the mobile hotspot on my Computer, the entire computer hangs and all application stops working, Please what can I do about it?....
  3. Computer Hangs When I turn On the Computer Hotspot

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer Hangs When I turn On the Computer Hotspot: I have windows 10 on my Desktop Computer 3in1 computer and after a series of update and restart any time I turn ON the mobile hotspot on my Computer, the entire computer hangs and all application stops working, Please what can I do about it?....
  4. Computer Hangs When I turn On the Computer Hotspot

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. after share mobile hotspot whole computer no internet

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    after share mobile hotspot whole computer no internet: this was my customer told me i only try on it ,it happen in latest window update pc window 10 pro 19044.1766 21H2the pc work normal without open the mobile hotspot .after open it whole pc could not get any internet accessbut the network icon didnt show any error on it,and the...
  6. after share mobile hotspot whole computer no internet

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    after share mobile hotspot whole computer no internet: this was my customer told me i only try on it ,it happen in latest window update pc window 10 pro 19044.1766 21H2the pc work normal without open the mobile hotspot .after open it whole pc could not get any internet accessbut the network icon didnt show any error on it,and the...
  7. Hotspot internet sharing

Hotspot internet sharing: I have my PC connected to internet via ethernet cable and I want to share internet via wifi adapter to my laptop. The thing is if I do this with the hotspot my laptop ends up on a different subnet. Is there a way to share wifi and keep my laptop and PC on the same network?...
  8. sharing of hotspot is not working

sharing of hotspot is not working: it will be connect but the network is not coming. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sharing-of-hotspot-is-not-working/3eb4149b-5a5d-4823-947a-aa01100c5215
  9. how to share my internet by hotspot

how to share my internet by hotspot: how to share my internet by hotspot as their is no mobile hotspot on/off setting on my windows 10 after installing kaspersky anti virus https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-share-my-internet-by-hotspot/885af132-552d-44a6-a69f-30a9b07c15a6
  10. Hotspot sharing not working

Hotspot sharing not working: Good Afternoon, After the last windows update, I've been finding impossible to share my pc internet connection with my phone. Whenever my phone connects to the hotspot I get the message that there isn't any internet connection, and in the hotspot settings I can't see...