Windows 10: Turning on Notifications in Settings

Discus and support Turning on Notifications in Settings in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Since the recent upgrade I do not get messages from the websites I generally post on. I tracked it down to the notifications settings in Settings. My... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by BanjoJoe, Aug 7, 2016.

1. BanjoJoe Win User

Turning on Notifications in Settings

Since the recent upgrade I do not get messages from the websites I generally post on. I tracked it down to the notifications settings in Settings. My "get notifications from Apps" setting is off, not lit up and will not let me change it to on.

How do I turn it on?

Thanks

:)

BanjoJoe, Aug 7, 2016

2. Win 10 Toast Notifications Keep Reverting to Off

Without my turning them off, the Win 10 OS keeps turning of app notifications in the Action Center. In the notifications settings, a message is displayed that "Some settings are managed by your organization", even though this is a standalone computer,
    not part of an organization (although on a home network). The "Show app notifications" toggle is set to off and grayed out. I can reverse this by using the Group Policy Editor to set the User Configuration/Administrative Templates/Start Menu and Taskbar/Notifications/Turn
    of toast notifications
    setting to Disabled. However, after a while, the notifications turn off again and the notifications settings page looks like described above, even though the Group Policy Editor setting has not been changed. I can re-enable the
    notifications for a while by setting the aforementioned Group Policy Editor setting to Not Configured and then back to Disabled but the notifications eventually turn off again by themselves. Does anyone know how to stop this annoying behavior and keep app
    notifications turned on?

Michael Gibson 3850, Aug 7, 2016
  3. garym123 Win User
    Notifications without turning on the screen

If you want just a vibration for an app notification the setting is in each app. That is what I said.

Go to settings, system, device notifications, Whatsapp message.

turn off 'show notification banners'

turn on vibrate

turn off 'notification sound'

garym123, Aug 7, 2016
  4. Turning on Notifications in Settings

Run command prompt and copy/paste/enter:

reg add "HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\PushNotifications" /v "ToastEnabled" /t REG_DWORD /d "1" /f
    reg add "HKCU\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\PushNotifications" /v "NoToastApplicationNotification" /t REG_DWORD /d "0" /f

TairikuOkami, Aug 7, 2016
  5. BanjoJoe Win User
    Is there a code line I can go to and just change the setting from 0 to 1 so that I have a way to test if it works?

Thanks

BanjoJoe, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Turning on Notifications in Settings

1. Turning on Notifications in Settings - Similar Threads - Turning Notifications Settings

2. Turn on notifications without using settings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Turn on notifications without using settings: How do I turn on notifications using powerschell or command prompt etc. without going into settings https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/turn-on-notifications-without-using-settings/3c25c44d-e228-4541-8fdc-74888361473e
  3. Turn on notifications without using settings

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Turn on notifications without using settings: How do I turn on notifications using powerschell or command prompt etc. without going into settings https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/turn-on-notifications-without-using-settings/3c25c44d-e228-4541-8fdc-74888361473e
  4. notifications and settings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    notifications and settings: Why is everything set in Notifications and Settings so nothing can be changed to on or off? Is that the way it's supposed to be? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/notifications-and-settings/eedd75b2-5161-4282-85a9-a2c9f6ea5354
  5. notifications and settings

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    notifications and settings: Why is everything set in Notifications and Settings so nothing can be changed to on or off? Is that the way it's supposed to be? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/notifications-and-settings/eedd75b2-5161-4282-85a9-a2c9f6ea5354
  6. notifications and settings

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Turning off notifications Settings > System > Notifications & actions

Turning off notifications Settings > System > Notifications & actions: The registry keys for each of the notifications in the above settings page are located at HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Quick Actions\Pinned. Each notification adds a separate string value for the notification. Turning the notification off deletes the key. The notifications...
  8. Notification Settings

Notification Settings: Whenever Windows has done a security scan it shows a notification that is has done so. Just about every time it just says that it didn't find anything since the last scan. I'm wondering if there's a setting that allows you to only get notifications when these scans actually...
  9. Notification Settings

Notification Settings: [ATTACH] I am not able to switch on my notifications for anything. None of the options are working. What do I do? Please help me. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/notification-settings/59fb555b-2bc0-46de-9064-d0a345136d44
  10. Settings Notification

Settings Notification: I get this notification daily: "We need to fix your Microsoft Account. Most likely your password changed). Select here to fix it in Shared experiences settings." Clicking produces the message: "We need to verify the password for your Microsoft account" (presenting an OLD...