Windows 10: Turning on PC from monitor

Discus and support Turning on PC from monitor in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Can I keep the laptop closed in Windows 10 and start another way with the external monitor or wireless keyboard?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by FrankMitchell1, Nov 30, 2018.

1. Turning on PC from monitor

Can I keep the laptop closed in Windows 10 and start another way with the external monitor or wireless keyboard?

:)

FrankMitchell1, Nov 30, 2018

2. PC Build Steps

Ok just because I like steps i am going to create some steps. Please give me the stamp of approval/disapproval
    • Install system in case
      • Remember to connect SSD and optical to same SATA ports on motherboard
    • Turn on PC
    • setup HDD
    • run blend test in prime95 for 30-60 min
      • run realtemp at the same time
    • While in Prime95 test
      • if CPU goes above 70c in RealTemp, I have a leaky CPU
      • if my system locks up or blue screens, there is an instability in the system somewhere
      • if my system does not lock up or blue screen, my CPU is not damaged and I am in the clear!
    What do you guys think??

anandsap123, Nov 30, 2018
  3. Sasqui Win User
    Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Nov 30, 2018
  4. P4-630 Win User

Turning on PC from monitor

Things to do once connected new G-Sync monitor

I'm getting my G-Sync monitor today.

I think I have to take the following steps:

• Connect 1440p G-sync monitor with DP cable
    • Connect second 1080p 60Hz monitor by HDMI
    • Startup PC
    • Reinstall display driver
    • Restart PC (I always do that after display driver install)
    • Activate G-Sync in NV control panel (I believe also V-Sync is auto on after that?)
    • Set my 1440p monitor from 1080p to 1440p
    • Calibrate my 1440p monitor
    Also ingame, I should turn off V-Sync?
    Are there any problems running a second 60Hz 1080p monitor?

Is there anything else I should do/know?

P4-630, Nov 30, 2018
Thema:

Turning on PC from monitor

1. Turning on PC from monitor - Similar Threads - Turning monitor

2. Windows 11 Goes to sleep when I turn the monitors off.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Goes to sleep when I turn the monitors off.: I need my Windows 11 desktop computer to remain on and not in sleep mode even when the monitors are turned off.My company provided me with a desktop tower and twin monitors. I work from home using TeamViewer. I would like to turn my monitors off entirely as to not use the...
  3. Windows 11 Goes to sleep when I turn the monitors off.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Goes to sleep when I turn the monitors off.: I need my Windows 11 desktop computer to remain on and not in sleep mode even when the monitors are turned off.My company provided me with a desktop tower and twin monitors. I work from home using TeamViewer. I would like to turn my monitors off entirely as to not use the...
  4. is there any way to see what on your computer with a monitor screen before it turns screens...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    is there any way to see what on your computer with a monitor screen before it turns screens...: hey so my laptops screen is broken but no problem I use a monitor but I think it updated or something because when I tried power it on but it does go to the sing in page but and then powers off like 15 to 30 sec after i tried look I don't see any updates for it but I don't...
  5. is there any way to see what on your computer with a monitor screen before it turns screens...

is there any way to see what on your computer with a monitor screen before it turns screens...: hey so my laptops screen is broken but no problem I use a monitor but I think it updated or something because when I tried power it on but it does go to the sing in page but and then powers off like 15 to 30 sec after i tried look I don't see any updates for it but I don't...
  6. My Monitor frequently goes black for 15 -20 secs and auto turns back on.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Monitor frequently goes black for 15 -20 secs and auto turns back on.: Previously i was connected with HDMI, when changed to Display Port, issue started happening more frequently. Ive updated all the drivers yet not able to figure out what the issue is with. Also i was hearing device getting plugged in/out sound when this was happening. I...
  7. My Monitor frequently goes black for 15 -20 secs and auto turns back on.

My Monitor frequently goes black for 15 -20 secs and auto turns back on.: Previously i was connected with HDMI, when changed to Display Port, issue started happening more frequently. Ive updated all the drivers yet not able to figure out what the issue is with. Also i was hearing device getting plugged in/out sound when this was happening. I...
  8. HDMI Monitor Turns off when trying to update to windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HDMI Monitor Turns off when trying to update to windows 11: My Laptop screen is damaged so I use an HDMI Monitor, when I try updating to windows 11 it'll show some of the progress and then the monitor will turn off and No Matter what I do it will not turn back on so I have no idea what the progress of my update is, Any solutions?...
  9. HDMI Monitor Turns off when trying to update to windows 11

HDMI Monitor Turns off when trying to update to windows 11: My Laptop screen is damaged so I use an HDMI Monitor, when I try updating to windows 11 it'll show some of the progress and then the monitor will turn off and No Matter what I do it will not turn back on so I have no idea what the progress of my update is, Any solutions?...
  10. HDMI Monitor Turns off when trying to update to windows 11

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade