Windows 10: Turning on security audit logs for folders/Alsofiles

Discus and support Turning on security audit logs for folders/Alsofiles in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Recently I lost an entire folder full of folders and files and as of right now I still don't know what happened. I have re-created the folder and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Sirkassad, Sep 2, 2015.

1. Sirkassad Win User

Turning on security audit logs for folders/Alsofiles

Recently I lost an entire folder full of folders and files and as of right now I still don't know what happened. I have re-created the folder and starting re-adding the files in it but I'd like to turn on auditing for the folder, to include all objects in the folder.

I've cleared out my event logs so there's no looking back. It's not a huge deal, but just very bothersome because there were a lot of files that 'vanished' from my stablebit drivepool. Stablebit claims that drivepool is not able to delete folders/files and so I am going to give them the benefit of the doubt, but I'd like to see if I can turn on logging and/or auditing for the folder (again to include all the sub-folders and objects). Does anyone know how to do this?

:)

Sirkassad, Sep 2, 2015

2. Event log when windows credential deleted

Often Outlook credentials will just will just delete themselves and I want to understand more why that is happening.

I've turned on all auditing in group policy Computer config>windows settings> security settings > local policies> audit policy

In credential manager I've created a set of credentials and deleted them but can't seem to find the log in event viewer.

ggjkjkjkjkjk, Sep 2, 2015
  3. Linney Win User
    Disk Cleanup deleting empty folders?

Can you use "Auditing" to see what program is deleting your Folders?

See "Enabling and editing Audit on Files and Folders" in the following articles

Windows 10 Object, File And Folder Auditing (also Windows ...

Auditing Access to Files

How to Audit Access to Files

Can you set an appropriate file access permission on the files that you don't want deleted via the Security Tab of any Parent Folder?

NTFS permissions in Windows

https://www.winhelp.us/ntfs-permissions-in-windows.html

Linney, Sep 2, 2015
Thema:

Turning on security audit logs for folders/Alsofiles

1. Turning on security audit logs for folders/Alsofiles - Similar Threads - Turning security audit

2. My Security Audit log turned off and I can not find where to turn it back on

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My Security Audit log turned off and I can not find where to turn it back on: About 6 months ago I was being stupid messing with the Security audit log on my local device. Somehow I disabled Security audit logging and I can not find from any documentation to turn it back on. Can anyone help me?This is the properties page of the log: And this is the...
  3. My Security Audit log turned off and I can not find where to turn it back on

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Security Audit log turned off and I can not find where to turn it back on: About 6 months ago I was being stupid messing with the Security audit log on my local device. Somehow I disabled Security audit logging and I can not find from any documentation to turn it back on. Can anyone help me?This is the properties page of the log: And this is the...
  4. My Security Audit log turned off and I can not find where to turn it back on

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. User Folder Audit

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    User Folder Audit: Hi, Looking at my user folder, as well as other files and fodler I have the following Junction folder called Application DataC:\Users\marcu# dir /a Volume in drive C is OSF Volume Serial Number is EE6C-1E09 Directory of C:\Users\marcu2021-03-11 05:46 PM <JUNCTION> Application...
  6. User Folder Audit

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    User Folder Audit: Hi, Looking at my user folder, as well as other files and fodler I have the following Junction folder called Application DataC:\Users\marcu# dir /a Volume in drive C is OSF Volume Serial Number is EE6C-1E09 Directory of C:\Users\marcu2021-03-11 05:46 PM <JUNCTION> Application...
  7. Audit logs

in Windows 10 Customization
    Audit logs: I have my various logs set via group policy. I would like to verify that I am actually getting the logs. If action has not happened. I would like to figure out how to generate that particular log setting. Ex: I want to generate Event ID 4727,2735,4737,4754,4758,and 4764....
  8. Windows Audit Log

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Audit Log: I work as a Security Analyst, I have been going through the windows logs of a client organization. Where there's a lot of login success event at off times. I would like to know, how to differentiate between a login attempt is an actual login or just some services getting...
  9. iPhone certificate causes audit security log error 5061

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    iPhone certificate causes audit security log error 5061: on all my computers i'm seeing an audit security log error 5061 it appears to be an iPhone certificate error found by "certutil -store -user my" I looked at the with certificate manger and certificates and it looks ok I don't have an iPhone but I did install iTunes. does...
  10. Security Log Audit Failures 5127

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Security Log Audit Failures 5127: Access Denied or to whom ever can shed some light on this issue, Here we go, a little more information on what is going on with this one machine on my home network. I have restarted all the services. In a previous post I uninstalled all the Google sync stuff which fixed the...