Windows 10: Turning on security audit logs for folders/Alsofiles

Discus and support Turning on security audit logs for folders/Alsofiles in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Recently I lost an entire folder full of folders and files and as of right now I still don't know what happened. I have re-created the folder and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Sirkassad, Sep 2, 2015.

1. Sirkassad Win User

Turning on security audit logs for folders/Alsofiles

Recently I lost an entire folder full of folders and files and as of right now I still don't know what happened. I have re-created the folder and starting re-adding the files in it but I'd like to turn on auditing for the folder, to include all objects in the folder.

I've cleared out my event logs so there's no looking back. It's not a huge deal, but just very bothersome because there were a lot of files that 'vanished' from my stablebit drivepool. Stablebit claims that drivepool is not able to delete folders/files and so I am going to give them the benefit of the doubt, but I'd like to see if I can turn on logging and/or auditing for the folder (again to include all the sub-folders and objects). Does anyone know how to do this?

:)

Sirkassad, Sep 2, 2015

2. Event log when windows credential deleted

Often Outlook credentials will just will just delete themselves and I want to understand more why that is happening.

I've turned on all auditing in group policy Computer config>windows settings> security settings > local policies> audit policy

In credential manager I've created a set of credentials and deleted them but can't seem to find the log in event viewer.

ggjkjkjkjkjk, Sep 2, 2015
  3. Linney Win User
    Disk Cleanup deleting empty folders?

Can you use "Auditing" to see what program is deleting your Folders?

See "Enabling and editing Audit on Files and Folders" in the following articles

Windows 10 Object, File And Folder Auditing (also Windows ...

Auditing Access to Files

How to Audit Access to Files

Can you set an appropriate file access permission on the files that you don't want deleted via the Security Tab of any Parent Folder?

NTFS permissions in Windows

https://www.winhelp.us/ntfs-permissions-in-windows.html

Linney, Sep 2, 2015
Thema:

Turning on security audit logs for folders/Alsofiles

1. Turning on security audit logs for folders/Alsofiles - Similar Threads - Turning security audit

2. iPhone certificate causes audit security log error 5061

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    iPhone certificate causes audit security log error 5061: on all my computers i'm seeing an audit security log error 5061 it appears to be an iPhone certificate error found by "certutil -store -user my" I looked at the with certificate manger and certificates and it looks ok I don't have an iPhone but I did install iTunes. does...
  3. Microsoft Windows security auditing.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Microsoft Windows security auditing.: So recently I have been getting weird background noises/notifications and I found out that they have been coming from the event viewer. I checked the security logs and many of the logs say someone has logged in or created special privellages to a new logon. I was wondering...
  4. Microsoft Security Auditing Issue

in Windows 10 Support
    Microsoft Security Auditing Issue: I hope someone can help me fix this issue i'm having. I ended up discovering that under my event viewer under the security tab, my computer has been logging tons of "audit success", source being "Microsoft Windows Security Auditing". It can generate easily 5 per minute and...
  5. Folder Auditing/Effective Access

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Folder Auditing/Effective Access: In windows 10 under properties -> security -> Advanced, can you audit or give effective access that is owned by TrustedInstaller or would you have to take ownership of that folder first before you can audit or give effective access to that folder? Please Note: I am not...
  6. Q about audit logs

Q about audit logs: When setting up audit logging under Computer Configuration -> Windows Settings -> Advanced Audit Policy Configuration -> System Audit Policies -> Logon/Logoff -> Audit Account Lockout, if I enable the Success option, how does this log get triggered? When an account is locked...
  7. lOG IN SECURITY

lOG IN SECURITY: I WANT THE NEED FOR LOG IN REQUIREMENT OF IDENTIFICATION. I AM REQUESTING THIS IN WRITING https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-security/log-in-security/e23fb5b0-b21c-4c66-bc72-81476f778266"
  8. Security Log Audit Failures 5127

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Security Log Audit Failures 5127: Access Denied or to whom ever can shed some light on this issue, Here we go, a little more information on what is going on with this one machine on my home network. I have restarted all the services. In a previous post I uninstalled all the Google sync stuff which fixed the...
  9. Security auditing - how to disable?

Security auditing - how to disable?: I noticed after checking my event viewer for something that under Windows>security, there are tons and tons of "audit success" entries. Is this necessary for the PC to run security auditing constantly like this and log it? It seems unnecessary. Can I disable it? 76900
  10. Too Many 'Audit Success' Security-Auditing Events Happening

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Too Many 'Audit Success' Security-Auditing Events Happening: Hi! I've been using Windows 10 for a while now and except for one time where my start button and notification tray stopped working (solved that by migrating to a new user account), I haven't had any problems. Except maybe a week ago. Consistently during use (either for...