Windows 10: Turning on the compatibility mode for Chrome

Discus and support Turning on the compatibility mode for Chrome in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have been trying to trying to turn on the compatibility mode on for my broswers, chrome specifically. They say that i need to right click on the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by VictoriaToler1, Aug 15, 2020.

1. Turning on the compatibility mode for Chrome

I have been trying to trying to turn on the compatibility mode on for my broswers, chrome specifically.

They say that i need to right click on the icon, well, when i do it doesnt pop up with properties. It doesnt help that my start menu always comes up when i close anything on my laptop. when i try to do any of the ways that i have researched. I do not get to the properties tab like it says i should. I dont do not if i am doing something wrong or if there is a way to do it that i am not being told about. HELP PLEASE! I need this for work and school.

*sorry if this isnt clear. I am new to doing things like this. Just seriously need help to get to properies*

:)

VictoriaToler1, Aug 15, 2020

2. Windows 10 compatibility mode. How to turn it off.

Hi Andrew,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern. I will do my best to fix the issue.

To understand the issue better please provide us more information.

• When you say ‘’ turning off compatibility mode’’ which program are you trying to turn off the compatibility mode?

• When you say ‘’pop ups saying the program was started in compatibility mode’’ are you getting this on the webpage or system?

• A screenshot of the issue would be wonderful.
    Please visit: How to include a screenshot in your post

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...our-post/2594b08e-32a3-476a-85a6-b021181be7e4

I you wanted to turn off the compatibility mode for a program you can try the below steps.

• Right click on the setup files and select properties.

• Click on compatibility tab and uncheck the box
      Run this program in compatibility for:
    • Click on Apply and Ok.
    We look forward to hear from you.

Billion Debbarma, Aug 15, 2020
  3. why my window is not compatible with my chrome browser?

Your question reads:

why my window is not compatible with my chrome browser?

I suggest you reverse it:

Why is my Chrome browser not compatible with my Windows 7?

This would immediately lead you to an answer:

1. Unistall Google Chrome.
    2. Download & re-install Google Chrome.

Frederik Long, Aug 15, 2020
  4. Turning on the compatibility mode for Chrome

Chrome not even opening anymore

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community. I understand the inconvenience you are facing. I will certainly help you with this.

I appreciate if you could answer few questions to narrow down the issue and to provide you better assistance.

• Are you able to open other browser like Internet explorer and Edge?
    This issue may arise due to some corruption in Chrome installation files. I suggest you to try installing Google Chrome in compatibility mode and check if it works. Compatibility mode runs the program using settings
    from a previous version of Windows. Follow these steps to install the program in compatibility mode and check if that helps.

• Download the setup file from the Google Chrome website.
    • Right-click on the .exe setup file and click on ‘Properties’.
    • Click on the ‘Compatibility’ tab and check the box
      ‘Run this program in compatibility mode for’
      and select Windows 7/8/8.1 operating system from the drop down menu and proceed with the installation. Once this is done, restart the computer and check if the issue persists.

Hope this information helps. Post back with updated issue details for further help.

Thank you.

Parth P Patel, Aug 15, 2020
Thema:

Turning on the compatibility mode for Chrome

1. Turning on the compatibility mode for Chrome - Similar Threads - Turning compatibility mode

2. Turn on Program Compatibility Mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Turn on Program Compatibility Mode: How do I Turn on Program Compatibility Mode? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/turn-on-program-compatibility-mode/fc6f12ad-5800-471b-805f-c1e574f01285
  3. Turn on Program Compatibility Mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Turn on Program Compatibility Mode: How do I Turn on Program Compatibility Mode? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/turn-on-program-compatibility-mode/fc6f12ad-5800-471b-805f-c1e574f01285
  4. Turn on Program Compatibility Mode

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Compatibility mode - can't turn it off

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Compatibility mode - can't turn it off: Hi! I have a question about compatibility mode. Every single game client, or game show me after opening and running the program, that I'm on the compatibility mode. If I look closer to compatibility mode to those programs/games, i see every box unchecked (so no...
  6. Chrome compatibility issues

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Chrome compatibility issues: For some reason, chrome is having compatibility issues with my laptop. I have updated the newest windows 10 update and it still does not work. I have tried and gone through many forums but chrome still doesn't open. I have tried going into safe-mode and resetting the...
  7. compatability mode

in Windows 10 Customization
    compatability mode: I am trying to get Winamp to work but I keep getting a popup thaat says winamp is running in compatability mode. however, when I right click on the winamp icon, select properties, and select the compatability tab the "run in compatability box is not checked". I desperately...
  8. Compatibility mode

Compatibility mode: I keep getting a window popup saying this program started in compatibility mode ...where is it and how do I turn it off? 14680
  9. Compatibility mode

Compatibility mode: I'm doing some research on an old application that I'm taking care of. As of Windows 8, it works if the Windows compatibility mode is se to "Windows 7" and I confirmed it also works if I set the compatibility mode on Windows 10. That problem I'm facing is that, I need to...
  10. Compatibility mode

Compatibility mode: Hi I have had programs in the past that I love to either use or games to play even some older MS games and they refuse to load on new operating systems. Why is it when I try and run the program in Compatibility mode for say XP it refuses to run the program. I don't...