Windows 10: Turning on the lights makes my PC wake up

Discus and support Turning on the lights makes my PC wake up in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; So, I usually keep my PC in sleep mode most of the time and lately I've been finding it wake up a lot for no apparent reason. Initially, I expected... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/imakuni1995, Aug 26, 2020.

1. Turning on the lights makes my PC wake up

So, I usually keep my PC in sleep mode most of the time and lately I've been finding it wake up a lot for no apparent reason.

Initially, I expected this issue to be related to the peripherals, mostly the mouse being moved through slight vibrations or something along those lines, but when I went ahead and disconnected the mouse altogether, I came to the conclusion that this doesn't appear to be the case.

After a while I started to realize that my PC would wake up whenever I used the light switch to turn the lights in my room on. Interestingly enough, it doesn't seem to happen upon turning them off.

Here's a short video of how the whole thing usually goes down:

https://imgur.com/a/SnqwKdB

Upon entering the "-lastwake" command in cmd, I got the following message:

>Type: Device

Instance Path: PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_A2AF&SUBSYS_50071458&REV_00\3&11583659&0&A0

Friendly Name: Intel(R) USB 3.0 eXtensible Host Controller - 1.0 (Microsoft)

Description: USB xHCI Compliant Host Controller

Manufacturer: Generic USB xHCI Host Controller

I'm not really sure what to do with this information tho. It's worth noting that it also happened at least once WITHOUT me using the light switches. This also led to a different result:

>Type: Wake Timer

Owner: [SERVICE] \Device\HarddiskVolume4\Windows\System32\svchost.exe (SystemEventsBroker)

Owner Supplied Reason: Windows will execute 'NT TASK\Microsoft\Windows\UpdateOrchestrator\Reboot_AC' scheduled task that requested waking the computer.

Anyone got any ideas what's going on there? Whole thing seems really weird and I wasn't able to find any helpful advice so far...

submitted by /u/imakuni1995
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/imakuni1995, Aug 26, 2020

2. Newly updated Windows10 PCs wake/turn themselves on

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern, and we in Community will try to help you in the best possible way we can.

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps

Method 1:

Check your network card properties to see if incase it is causing the problem.

• Press Windows Key+ X and select
      Device Manager from the list

• Spot and Expand the
      Network Adapters

• Right click on your Network card and select
      Properties.

• Click Power Management tab and uncheck the options there to prevent your network card from every waking up your Windows.

Method 2

If it doesn't help, then let us find the root cause by using the command line which actually making PC to wake up

* Right-click on Start and Select Command Prompt (Admin) from context Menu

* Type or Copy/Paste the below commands into it

powercfg /devicequery wake_armed

• To find out which devices are enabled to wake up the PC, enter this command

powercfg /lastwake

• This will show the device which make system to Wake up last.

Post finding the device, work around with the settings to fix the issue.

Hope the information helps, if you have any further queries, feel free to post. We are here to assist you.

Regards,

Guru Kiran

Guru Kiran G, Aug 26, 2020
  3. Honey Win User
    Honey, Aug 26, 2020
  4. Furrek Win User

Turning on the lights makes my PC wake up

Why can't my PC wake up from sleep or hibernation?

In short: My PC wakes up correctly from S1 state, but goes black when trying to wake up from S3 or hibernation

In detail: I'd like to be able to go back to work quickly whenever I can, but I don't want to keep it on at all times, so I decided to try the Sleep mode. In BIOS I can change between S1 (power on suspend) and S3 (suspend to RAM), but since
    S1 isn't an effective power saver, I set it to S3. When in S1 state there are no problems with waking up, but with S3 or hibernation my PC kind of wakes up, all the fans and HDDs come back to life, but my screen is completely black, and my USB devices' lights
    turn on for a short moment before turning back off.

What I've tried:

• Reinstalling Windows 10 (my PC could wake up without any problems again, but after a few days the problem returned)
    • Unplugging USB devices before waking up
    • Removing the CMOS battery to reset BIOS settings
    • Change various settings in BIOS (I tried possibly all combinations by now)
    • Holding the power button for 30 seconds with the PSU turned off (suggested by someone on some other website)
    • Enabling or disabling Hybrid Sleep

USB devices:

• Mouse
    • Keyboard
    • Xbox 360 controller
    • Logitech C270 webcam
    • Touro external disk

Hardware:

• PSU: IBOX SL-8360BTX
    • CPU: AMD FX-6100
    • Graphics card: Zotac GeForce GTX 1050
    • Sound card: Creative SB0730
    • Motherboard: MSI 760GM-P21 (FX)
    • HDD: 2x Seagate in RAID0

Furrek, Aug 26, 2020
Thema:

Turning on the lights makes my PC wake up

1. Turning on the lights makes my PC wake up - Similar Threads - Turning lights makes

2. Pc turn on light on everything in pc no mb light but no display no light on keyboard and mouse.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pc turn on light on everything in pc no mb light but no display no light on keyboard and mouse.: I look up everything. I try resetting bios many time remount the ram multiple times as well as the gpu.My psu is doing fine. It still the same problem. I don't know what to do next. Also the cable of my hdmi is fine and try starting without the keyboard and mouse plug in...
  3. Pc turn on light on everything in pc no mb light but no display no light on keyboard and mouse.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Pc turn on light on everything in pc no mb light but no display no light on keyboard and mouse.: I look up everything. I try resetting bios many time remount the ram multiple times as well as the gpu.My psu is doing fine. It still the same problem. I don't know what to do next. Also the cable of my hdmi is fine and try starting without the keyboard and mouse plug in...
  4. Is there a way to make the power button not light up?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is there a way to make the power button not light up?: I enjoy sleeping, and I enjoy having my computer at my desk in my room. Sometimes I need to have my computer running overnight, to download stuff. But the power button makes it hard to sleep. It’s distracting because I’m not used to having any lights. Is there a way to make...
  5. PC waking up and turning on by himself

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    PC waking up and turning on by himself: Hi people, i am in desperate need of help because im about to smash my way into Windows building and hit someone because this problem is pissing me off for now 3 years (: I have a gaming PC with Windows 10 on since May 2017. Since then, i upgraded the PC here-and-there with...
  6. Night light is reset after wake up

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Night light is reset after wake up: I have night light set up to turn on on the schedule. It works. I also have my screen turning off after 15 minutes of idle. The problem is the night light disappears after the screen is turned on. If I go to night light setting, it says it is turned on. If I turn it off and...
  7. Lights on when PC is turned off

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Lights on when PC is turned off: Hi, I have a mouse and keyboard that have RGB lights. When I turn off my computer the lights stay on the keyboard and mouse (this happens when they are connected to the back of the computer, straight into the motherboard.... So I tried plugging them into the top front...
  8. PC wakes wakes up from Hibernate

in Windows 10 Support
    PC wakes wakes up from Hibernate: A few Preview builds have been acting strangely. If I put computer to sleep or hibernate it wakes up by itself and keeps doing in the loop. Seems like it's happening during the night. Any idea? Thanks 105289
  9. Problems with USB’s, screen not turning on, and PC randomly waking up

in Windows 10 Support
    Problems with USB’s, screen not turning on, and PC randomly waking up: When I had an update a week or 2 ago for Windows 10, I thought nothing of it, but ever since then, my PC wakes up at random times. This isn’t totally unusual, because after every Windows 10 update, my PC would usually wake up right after I put it a sleep for a few days after...
  10. Turn off/ Wake up problems

in Windows 10 Support
    Turn off/ Wake up problems: Hello, everybody! It's me again.. I have some problems and I would be happy if someone can help me. (Feeling so so so stupid..) Problems: 1.I find fbl_impressive (build 10049) when I am looking for updates but an error is showed - 0x80246017 *Sleepy (I know build 10049 is...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. www.windowsphoneinfo.com