Windows 10: Turning on windows defender antivirus in version1903

Discus and support Turning on windows defender antivirus in version1903 in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; My windows defender antivirus is turned off all other components are on. How do I turn on the virus protection? It says it's managed by my... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by GloriaEvans, Aug 9, 2019.

1. Turning on windows defender antivirus in version1903

My windows defender antivirus is turned off all other components are on. How do I turn on the virus protection? It says it's managed by my organization, but there is no organization. This is my home.

:)

GloriaEvans, Aug 9, 2019
  2. Mala_S Win User

Windows Defender of Windows 10 stoped working and is not turning on

Hello NasirMahmood1,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community forum.

Have you installed any third party anti-virus software?

Step 1: Turn Windows Defender Service On.

Initially, we need to check with the status of
    Windows Defender Service which might be stopping the defender to turn on.

• Press Windows key + R and type
      services.msc and press Enter key.
    • Search for Windows Defender Service and check if it has been started.
    • Right click on Windows Defender Service and click on
      Restart.

Step 2: Turn On Windows Defender Antivirus using Group Policy.

As you are on Windows 10 Pro build, I would suggest
    gpedit.msc
    settings from the following link and set it to Disabled or not configured to
    turn on real time protection setting. Follow the steps mentioned under
    Disable real-time protection from the article-
    Enable and configure antivirus always-on protection and monitoring

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Mala S

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Mala_S, Aug 9, 2019
  3. afornal Win User
    Defender AntiVirus

There are 4 options under Defender. Two refer to AntiVirus; AntiVirus Network Inspection Service & AntiVirus Services. Under Startup Type these two are listed as manual and the Status column said Inspection Service is running. When I clicked on the Start
    button in Properties, I got an immediate message: "Win.. Def.. Anti.. Serv.. on local comp.. started and then stopped. Some services stop automatically if they are not in use by other services or programs."

afornal, Aug 9, 2019
  4. Turning on windows defender antivirus in version1903

Can't turn on Windows Defender Antivirus

After freshly installing Windows 10 N and doing a few initial restarts to finish all updates, I cannot turn Windows Defender on anymore. After pressing "Turn on now" under Security and Maintenance at Virus protection, I get this message:

Security and Maintenance can't turn on Windows Defender Antivirus. Please try again later.

I tried disabling the "Turn off Windows Defender Antivirus" in policy editor, but that did not solve the problem. I also can't even open the Windows Defender Security Centre and I haven't installed any other antivirus.

Hyperion101, Aug 9, 2019
Thema:

Turning on windows defender antivirus in version1903

1. Turning on windows defender antivirus in version1903 - Similar Threads - Turning defender antivirus

2. 3rd party antivirus is turned on but windows defender is turned on to.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    3rd party antivirus is turned on but windows defender is turned on to.: Hi Microsoft i have a problem with Windows defender that say microsoft defneder is turned on and my 3rd party antivirus is turned on. normally my 3rd party antivirus is turned on and microsoft defender is turned off but for some reason microsoft defender turns on when my 3rd...
  3. Microsoft Defender Antivirus cannot be turned on

Microsoft Defender Antivirus cannot be turned on: When I go to check on the antivirus it show message as follow:So I went to "Manage provider" to see if my antivirus is turned of and it is. But the problem here is that there is no option to turned it back on....
  4. Not able to turn on windows defender antivirus

Not able to turn on windows defender antivirus: Recently I have uninstalled an antivirus software and now when I am trying to turn on my windows defender antivirus it does not respond.What should I do ?...
  5. Turning on Windows Defender Antivirus

in Windows 10 Customization
    Turning on Windows Defender Antivirus: I just deleted an antivirus software from my computer, and am unable to enable windows defender antivirus.As you can see, there is no option to enable Microsoft defender antivirus....
  6. Windows defender antivirus and AVG Antivirus are both turned off.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows defender antivirus and AVG Antivirus are both turned off.: I just got a notifications that says "Windows defender antivirus and AVG Antivirus are both turned off. " When I go into Virus & threat protection its says that my virus and threat protection is managed by my organization. Which is not possible cause its my pc at home which...
  7. How to turn on window defender antivirus protection

How to turn on window defender antivirus protection: Hi there, I was trying to turn on the window defender antivirus protection on window 10. I went into service under administrative too and tried to start the antivirus protection but with an error message 577 saying: "Windows cannot verify the digital signature for this...
  8. Windows 10: Uninstalled McAfee AntiVirus but Defender Antivirus will not turn on

Windows 10: Uninstalled McAfee AntiVirus but Defender Antivirus will not turn on: After uninstalling McAfee, Windows Defender would not turn on. I've tried to restart the service but get the following error: Error 577: Windows cannot verify the digital signature for this file. A recent hardware or software change might have installed a file that is...
  9. I cannot turn on Windows Defender Antivirus.

I cannot turn on Windows Defender Antivirus.: I cannot turn on Windows Defender Antivirus. I entered the "Windows Key + R" (run program) keyboard shortcut. I entered "control" and pressed "Enter". I clicked on "System and Security". Then I clicked on "Security and maintenance". In the "Security and Maintenance" window,...
  10. Windows Defender Antivirus won't turn on

Windows Defender Antivirus won't turn on: I get prompts telling me I need to turn on Windows Defender Antivirus every time I turn on my laptop. When I go to the security center I do not have the option to switch any of the toggles to On, they just remain grey. Windows 10 came installed on this laptop. I have not...