Windows 10: Turning on windows security..Bad mistake

Discus and support Turning on windows security..Bad mistake in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; After turning on windows security, my hp laptop won't connect to wireless, And I noticed I have alot of users on here that I did not add, I should be... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by vet67, Mar 3, 2020.

1. vet67 Win User

Turning on windows security..Bad mistake

After turning on windows security, my hp laptop won't connect to wireless, And I noticed I have alot of users on here that I did not add, I should be the only user. I use it to work. And if I am unable to connect wireless, It makes me angry and I dont want to share anything with anyone. Please help. Thank you.

:)

vet67, Mar 3, 2020

2. How do i turn on my windows security services on Windows 10.

Hi Edehomon,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with turning on Windows Security services with Windows 10. I will certainly help you.

This issue might occur if third party security has disabled Windows Defender services.

I suggest you to follow the steps below to

To assist you better, please provide us the information below:

• When you say that "windows security services are turned off", have you installed any third party security software on the computer?
    • Are you getting any error message?

I suggest you to try to turn on Windows Defender by following steps below and check if it helps.

1. Click on Search bar?

2. Type "Settings" without the quotes in the search bar and click on it.

3. Then click on Update & security.

4. Click on Windows Defender.

5. Then try to turn on the Windows Defender services.

Note: If a third party security software is installed on the computer, then it will disable Windows Defender.

Please get back to us with an update on turning on Windows Security services with Windows 10, we will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Nyima Yonten, Mar 3, 2020
  3. Borg 386 Win User
    windows defender & security center services keep turning off

Are you running any other AV or did you have one running in the past? If you didn't use an uninstaller for the AV, then the remnants of it could be causing the problem. Normally any time you install an AV it disables Defender by default.

If you are getting any error codes please list those, that will be helpful in helping you.

As torre suggested, might be a good idea to do a reset or even a reinstall.

Reset Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums

Windows 10 - Clean Install - Windows 10 Forums

There are also some suggestions listed here:

Unable to turn on Windows Defender in Windows 7 / 8 / 10

Borg 386, Mar 3, 2020
  4. Turning on windows security..Bad mistake

Windows keeps turning off the security center.

Hi Maninder,

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

• Press Windows key + R and type Services.msc then hit enter.
    • Services Console will appear.
    • Find Security Center Service on the right details pane > right click it choose properties >
    • Security Center Properties should appear > on the General Tab
    set start-up type to automatic (Delayed start)

• On service Status Stop and then Start.

If this does not works & error still continues then there are more chances that your system is infected

Let us know the status of the issue in regards with Security Center. Your reply is important to assist you further.

Regards,

Guru Kiran

Guru Kiran G, Mar 3, 2020
Thema:

Turning on windows security..Bad mistake

1. Turning on windows security..Bad mistake - Similar Threads - Turning security Bad

2. windows security is so bad

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows security is so bad: For a whole week now I have been resetting my pc thinking that window security has been correctly installed. Each time however I get a blank screen on windows security and sometimes it says I need a IT administrator, which is such a dumb thing. I've tried every power shell...
  3. windows security is so bad

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows security is so bad: For a whole week now I have been resetting my pc thinking that window security has been correctly installed. Each time however I get a blank screen on windows security and sometimes it says I need a IT administrator, which is such a dumb thing. I've tried every power shell...
  4. Windows security won't turn on

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows security won't turn on: Split from this thread. i am also facing the same problem my windows security won't turn on https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-security-wont-turn-on/c4882308-b4cb-4684-ac13-568101197575
  5. Windows security won't turn on

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows security won't turn on: Split from this thread. i am also facing the same problem my windows security won't turn on https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-security-wont-turn-on/c4882308-b4cb-4684-ac13-568101197575
  6. window security turn off

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    window security turn off: Window Security turn off and some issue face.Antivirus no Providers. Firewall no Providers. Web Providers no Providers. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/window-security-turn-off/84635842-62aa-470c-a7d9-f9bfa1d048de
  7. I removed windows security centre by mistake... :(

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I removed windows security centre by mistake... :(: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Krysnuodis [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/mfr4vv/i_removed_windows_security_centre_by_mistake/
  8. Windows Security cant turn on!

Windows Security cant turn on!: For some reason, Windows Security wont turn on! Help! I Just system restored https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/windows-security-cant-turn-on/55828324-bbdd-48de-b909-67bf0a06d527
  9. Will anything bad happen to my laptop if i turn off Secure Boot?

Will anything bad happen to my laptop if i turn off Secure Boot?: Hello, i was wondering if anything bad will happen to my laptop if i turn off secure boot, i'm quite worried that if i do my laptop will get ruined. Any advice would be helpful!. * Moved from insider...
  10. Bad security certificate

Bad security certificate: Working in French. Just got for the second time message: "Ce serveur ne peut prouver qu'il est go.microsoft.com; son certificat de sécurité est de www.holidaycheck.de. Ceci peut être dû à une mauvaise configuration ou quelqu'un essaie d'intercepter votre connexion." Any idea?...