Windows 10: Turning palmcheck off

Discus and support Turning palmcheck off in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; For some reason there is no way to turn palcheck off. You can only adjust the sensitivity to low. I cant even find synaptics in the registry editor.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/fingerxpaints, Jul 18, 2020.

1. Turning palmcheck off

For some reason there is no way to turn palcheck off. You can only adjust the sensitivity to low. I cant even find synaptics in the registry editor.

Can anyone suggest anything?

submitted by /u/fingerxpaints
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/fingerxpaints, Jul 18, 2020

2. turning off palmcheck/smartsense

Hello,

For further assistance regarding your concern in turning off palmcheck/smartsense, we suggest that you contact your device manufacturer.

Regards.

Marilou Ser, Jul 18, 2020
  3. Alden Rey Win User
    Turn off Palmcheck/touchpad delay after typing

Hi Alex,

PalmCheck Feature has the ability to distinguish between an accidental touch of the touchpad with the palm and an intentional brushing of the touchpad. Windows has left every scope of personalization and customization with device settings and so, turning PalmCheck
    OFF, although not a good idea, still can be implemented. First thing we suggest is to run the troubleshooter. To perform the task, kindly follow the steps provided by
    AndreePin on this
    link

For any concern, don't hesitate to get back to us.

Regards.

Alden Rey, Jul 18, 2020
  4. rigberto Win User

Turning palmcheck off

palmcheck won't turn off

Hello!

Alright, so recently I updated my Synaptics touchpad driver for my HP Notebook(??) laptop and I don't know if it's a glitch in the new version or what, but I've been trying to turn palmcheck off. I've done it before with no issues. I went to the settings
    then to devices>mouse/touchpad>additional mouse options>device settings> palmcheck> all settings to 0 or (min). I've done this process at least 10 times now, with clicking apply and ok. I even went through to the registry editor and set the palmcheck value
    to 0, to no luck. Before this, I had next to no issues turning palmcheck off and moving my mouse freely whilst using my keyboard. I also recently updated to the very latest windows 10 update on 06/27/19 (yesterday). If you can help me out in any way, that'd
    be really appreciated! Thank you lots, and have a good day.

rigberto, Jul 18, 2020
Thema:

Turning palmcheck off

1. Turning palmcheck off - Similar Threads - Turning palmcheck off

2. Cant turn off Palmcheck, cant find Synaptics folder in regedit.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cant turn off Palmcheck, cant find Synaptics folder in regedit.: I've been wanting to turn off palm check for gaming, but I cant find the setting to do it. I've been told to look in regedit but I cant find the synaptics folder, it's just not there.Please help....
  3. Cant turn off Palmcheck, cant find Synaptics folder in regedit.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cant turn off Palmcheck, cant find Synaptics folder in regedit.: I've been wanting to turn off palm check for gaming, but I cant find the setting to do it. I've been told to look in regedit but I cant find the synaptics folder, it's just not there.Please help....
  4. Disabling PalmCheck

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Disabling PalmCheck: Okay so, I've recently downloaded CS v1.6, and I just recently noticed that whenever I click on an alphanumeric key, my pointer just can't move simultaneously. But, to play the game, I'm required to use both the things together at once, which is really difficult. I've wasted...
  5. Palmcheck

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Palmcheck: I have a surface book 2, and want to be able to toggle the palm check setting where no input is accepted from the touchpad if I am using the keyboard at the same time. Everything online says to go to some settings page that I don't have. How can I find this setting? Any help...
  6. No option to turn off palmcheck in windows 10?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No option to turn off palmcheck in windows 10?: Hi, ive scoured every corner of the internet but cant get any sort of solid answer on this. Across the board ive seen that synaptics driver settings no longer appear under advanced mouse options in windows 10. I checked every laptop at best buy and couldnt find one that gave...
  7. PalmCheck is missing.

in Windows 10 Customization
    PalmCheck is missing.: So updated my mouse drive as it as acting strange then after updating it, the PalmCheck option and everything where that used to be is now missing. I used to turn it off all the time as I like using my touchpad for gaming but it's a little hard to do so now with it not...
  8. Palmcheck

Palmcheck: So my computer does this really annoying thing where when ever I play games I can't use the track pad while I press WASD I was wondering if their is anything at all that could disable it and the laptop I have is a Razer Stealth Late 2019....
  9. palmcheck won't turn off

palmcheck won't turn off: Hello! Alright, so recently I updated my Synaptics touchpad driver for my HP Notebook(??) laptop and I don't know if it's a glitch in the new version or what, but I've been trying to turn palmcheck off. I've done it before with no issues. I went to the settings then to...
  10. Disabling Palmcheck

Disabling Palmcheck: So I just reset my PC a few days ago and it changed everything to default. When trying to disable Palmcheck after the reset, I wasn't able to actually find where to disable it. I tried doing it the same way I did it before, which is going to Mouse properties and going to...