Windows 10: Turning power strip on now turns CPU power light on

Discus and support Turning power strip on now turns CPU power light on in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Normally when I turn the power strip on in the morning I had to then turn on my CPU separately. For the past week when I turn on the power strip the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by chazzmor, Mar 12, 2021.

1. chazzmor Win User

Turning power strip on now turns CPU power light on

Normally when I turn the power strip on in the morning I had to then turn on my CPU separately. For the past week when I turn on the power strip the CPU power button lights up, but I still have a black screen. I still have to press the lighted CPU power button briefly, and then a "Bios Notice Screen" comes on telling me to press F1 to enter Bios. Since I have no idea what I'm suppose to do once the Bios comes on, I just go to the "EXIT" , then I click on the "save and exit without making any changes?" the CPU will then boot normally. How can I keep the Bios from turning on my CPU until I press the CPU button?

:)

chazzmor, Mar 12, 2021

2. When after shutdown should power strip be turned off?

I notice that on Windows 10, unlike Windows 7, after starting Shutdown the monitor very quickly goes dark. However, after this there is another 20 to 30 second wait before the power light on the computer case goes off. Do I have to wait until this power
    light on the computer case goes off before I can safely turn off the power strip which supplies power to the computer, monitor, and other peripherals? Or can I safely turn off the power strip as soon as the monitor goes blank?

Robert H. Biggadike, Mar 12, 2021
  3. Sher Amo Win User
    power light turns off and on

Hi,

This can be due to a hardware or a corrupted driver on your device.
    For us to identify the next step to take, we would like to ask the following questions:

• Are you experiencing any issues when playing Windows Media Player?
    • Can you describe to us what do you mean by power light turns off and on?
    • What is the build and version of Windows that you’re using? To check, type
      winver in the Search box and send us a screenshot of the information window.
    • Have you made any recent changes before you encountered this issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far to resolve your concern?

We look forward to your response.

Sher Amo, Mar 12, 2021
  4. Turning power strip on now turns CPU power light on

Turn off power strip after computer shut down

Hi, I posted earlier. I have a Dell Inspiron 3670 with Windows 10. When I turn off the computer (hit windows logo, hit the power button, hit shut down) after the computer screen is off (screen black) the power light stays on and the small light indicating
    internal hard drive activity is either on or flashing and this continues for 10 to 30 seconds. This is due to the fast start option which is enabled on most computers. What I have discovered is that if you should turn off the power (at the surge protector)
    when the power light is still on it messes up your computer meaning hours of time reinstalling stuff. I thank the people who answered my last posting. I know how to handle the problem (either hold down the shift key to get a complete shutdown or simply wait
    until the power light is off. Each has its advantages and disadvantages). My purpose is posting this is to warn people about this and also in hopes that Microsoft will alter their program so the screen remains on (maybe with flying birds or what ever) until
    the machine is really going to shutoff. Many people like myself turn off the surge protector. I have had to spend over 700 dollars replacing my dishwasher because a power surge fried the motherboard. My understanding is a surge protector strip turned off
    is as safe as actually unplugging your computer (printer, external hard drives, etc.) As I said I think I have found the best solution. My purpose in posting is to save others from the troubles I have experienced. Thank you for listening.

treborpowers, Mar 12, 2021
Thema:

Turning power strip on now turns CPU power light on

1. Turning power strip on now turns CPU power light on - Similar Threads - Turning power strip

2. computer not starting. Pushing power button turns on lights, fans but no image. quick power...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    computer not starting. Pushing power button turns on lights, fans but no image. quick power...: Ok so no changes happened to any components other then updates ext. inside my pc for months now just started doing this last 2 weeks and I've been experimenting with it to see if unhooking stuff might fix it.I turn it on the led's, cpu fan, other fans, hard drives all power...
  3. computer not starting. Pushing power button turns on lights, fans but no image. quick power...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    computer not starting. Pushing power button turns on lights, fans but no image. quick power...: Ok so no changes happened to any components other then updates ext. inside my pc for months now just started doing this last 2 weeks and I've been experimenting with it to see if unhooking stuff might fix it.I turn it on the led's, cpu fan, other fans, hard drives all power...
  4. computer not starting. Pushing power button turns on lights, fans but no image. quick power...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Power Light remains on after turning off zenbook - windows11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Power Light remains on after turning off zenbook - windows11: Help! Recently had trouble with bitlocker encryption turning itself on. Managed to fix this but now I'm presented with a PC I can't properly turn off. I've checked for driver updates. I've run troubleshooter. I've disabled quick start up. No success. The PC appears to go into...
  6. Laptop not turning on but the power light is on how to fix?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop not turning on but the power light is on how to fix?: My laptop is not turning on but the power light is on.how do you fix?pls help im charging it but its still not turning on.and its really hot.plss help...
  7. Laptop not turning on but the power light is on how to fix?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Laptop not turning on but the power light is on how to fix?: My laptop is not turning on but the power light is on.how do you fix?pls help im charging it but its still not turning on.and its really hot.plss help...
  8. Laptop not turning on but the power light is on how to fix?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  9. power problem laptop won't turn on after sleep or shut down lights power light stays on

power problem laptop won't turn on after sleep or shut down lights power light stays on: power lite and power button lite stay on after shutdown but windows doesn't shut down all the way. I have to press the reset button to get it going again I dont know what.s going on with this . HELP!!!...
  10. Turn off power strip after computer shut down

Turn off power strip after computer shut down: Hi, I posted earlier. I have a Dell Inspiron 3670 with Windows 10. When I turn off the computer (hit windows logo, hit the power button, hit shut down) after the computer screen is off (screen black) the power light stays on and the small light indicating internal hard...