Windows 10: Turning second monitor in to main

Discus and support Turning second monitor in to main in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hi so i got a problem so my monitor from my laptop broke so i want to use a second monitor no problems there but then i factory reseted it for my litle... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by SGFL, Dec 31, 2021.

1. SGFL Win User

Turning second monitor in to main

Hi so i got a problem so my monitor from my laptop broke so i want to use a second monitor no problems there but then i factory reseted it for my litle brother and now ma screen is black i can't use the main screen cuz it was broken so now i'm stuk with a black screen what do i do

:)

2. Swapna S Win User

Second monitor turned black, worked before

Hi Hendrik,

I appreciate you for trying the troubleshooting steps.

I will certainly help you with the issue you are experiencing with the display on second monitor.

This issue might be related to the Intel HD Graphics 3000.

Provide us the additional information to assist you better with this issue:

• What is the exact error message/ error code of this issue?
    • Have you made any changes to the operating system prior to this issue?
    Please follow below mentioned steps to fix the issue:

I suggest you to download and install the latest Intel HD Graphics 3000 drivers from the manufacturer's website and check if it helps.

Refer to the below link:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/search?keyword=HD+Graphics+3000

Please get back to us, if you are still experiencing with the display on second monitor.

Thank you.

Swapna S, Dec 31, 2021
  3. second monitor

Hi Pauline,

Some of the advantages of having multiple screens (dual monitor) are it increases your productivity or it allows you to do multitasking. When awaking your PC after putting it to sleep, it will be directed at the sign in page. Normally,
    the second monitor will just reflect black screen and the main monitor will reflect the sign in page. After signing in, your second monitor will automatically open if it is turned on.

If the second monitor doesn’t turn on, we recommend that you run the Power troubleshooter by following these steps:

• Click the Start button, then type Control Panel and then press
      Enter.
    • Change the View by option on the top-right to Large icons.
    • Click on Troubleshooting, and click on the View all option on the left pane.
    • Run the Power troubleshooter.

If the issue persists, kindly refer to the resolution provided by
    breadbox88 in this
    thread
    and check if it will help you with the issue.

Let us know how it goes.

Efraim Gar, Dec 31, 2021
  4. Turning second monitor in to main

Second Monitor

Hi David,

Some of the advantages of having multiple screens (dual monitor) are it increases your productivity or it allows you to do multitasking. When awaking your PC after putting it to sleep, it will be directed at the sign in page. Normally,
    the second monitor will just reflect black screen and the main monitor will reflect the sign in page. After signing in, your second monitor will automatically open if it is turned on.

If the second monitor doesn’t turn on, we recommend that you run the
    Power troubleshooter by following these steps:

• Click the Start button, then type Control Panel and then press Enter.
    • Change the View by option on the top-right to Large icons.
    • Click on Troubleshooting, and click on the View all option on the left pane.
    • Run the Power troubleshooter.

If the issue persists, kindly refer to the resolution provided by breadbox88 in this thread and
    check if it will help you with the issue.

Update us with the outcome.

Efraim Gar, Dec 31, 2021
Thema:

Turning second monitor in to main

1. Turning second monitor in to main - Similar Threads - Turning second monitor

2. How to turn of my second monitor without everything moving to the main monitor ?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    How to turn of my second monitor without everything moving to the main monitor ?: HiI would like to be able to turn of one or both my monitors, without having to reorganise everything when I turn them back on again, as it is now, when I turn off my second monitor everything positioned on that monitor moves to the main monitor, is there a way to turn this...
  3. How to turn of my second monitor without everything moving to the main monitor ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to turn of my second monitor without everything moving to the main monitor ?: HiI would like to be able to turn of one or both my monitors, without having to reorganise everything when I turn them back on again, as it is now, when I turn off my second monitor everything positioned on that monitor moves to the main monitor, is there a way to turn this...
  4. How to turn of my second monitor without everything moving to the main monitor ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Turning second monitor in to main

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Turning second monitor in to main: Hi so i got a problem so my monitor from my laptop broke so i want to use a second monitor no problems there but then i factory reseted it for my litle brother and now ma screen is black i can't use the main screen cuz it was broken so now i'm stuk with a black screen what do...
  6. main monitor syncing refresh rate with second monitor

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    main monitor syncing refresh rate with second monitor: i have one 144hz monitor and one 75hz monitor however my 144hz monitor will not display 144hz but will instead only display whatever my 75hz monitor is displaying which is usually 75hz. i have tried updating windows and my gpu drivers and i have made the monitor 144hz in...
  7. Second Monitor is first and first(main) Monitor is second.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Second Monitor is first and first(main) Monitor is second.: I have looked pretty much all Day for an answer to my question, but havent been able to find one. So the thing is, I have two monitors and I have had them for a few years. My Main monitor has always been the second monitor for whatever reason but it have never been a problem...
  8. Windows on second monitor jump to main

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows on second monitor jump to main: I updated my Nvidia driver this morning, now whenever I launch a game in fullscreen on my main monitor, all of the windows or programs i have open on my second monitor jump to my main and my shortcuts move to my second monitor. I tried rolling back the drivers but im still...
  9. Second monitor turned black

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Second monitor turned black: Found a question from 2016 - https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware-winpc/second-monitor-turned-black-worked-before/7c059bf0-aa91-49ea-ab13-82fb6a0cf216 have the same problem, but no solution there... Problem: One day i go away from my...
  10. Touch Screen as Second Monitor - Apps launching on main monitor

in Windows 10 Support
    Touch Screen as Second Monitor - Apps launching on main monitor: Hi, Does anyone have any experience with using a touch screen as a second monitor. I have managed to get it to use the touch functionality, so I can press on the touch screen and it will launch Edge, for example. However, my next problem is that it is launching the...