Windows 10: Turning the displays off after locking windows?

Discus and support Turning the displays off after locking windows? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Every time I lock my computer, my 3 monitors will always stay on. I even set it up so pressing the power button will turn off the displays, but after a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/_Burgr, Feb 3, 2021.

1. /u/_Burgr Win User

Turning the displays off after locking windows?

Every time I lock my computer, my 3 monitors will always stay on. I even set it up so pressing the power button will turn off the displays, but after a second they all just turn back on.

Is there a way to keep suspend my monitors after locking my computer? I'd rather not waste electricity on the monitors when I'm not at my desktop but I still need things to be running.

OS Build: 19042.746

submitted by /u/_Burgr
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/_Burgr, Feb 3, 2021

2. Ads displayed in Lock Screen

Hi Subhadeep,

Windows Spotlight is an option for the lock screen background that displays different background images and occasionally offers suggestions on the lock screen.
    To turn off Windows Spotlight, go to Settings, clickPersonalization,
    select Lock screen, under Background select a different lock screen background.

To avoid messages on your lock screen, you can consider the following:

• Make sure that the "Get fun facts, etc" on your Settings is turned off.
    • Disable “suggestions” that appear as notifications. To do so, follow these steps go to
      Settings, then select System, then click
      Notifications & actions
      and turnoff “Show me the Windows welcome experience after updates and occasionally when I sign in to highlight what’s new and
      suggested”.
    • Disable “tips, tricks, and suggestions”. Head to Settings then select
      System, then click Notifications & Actions and disable the “Get tips, tricks, and suggestions as you use Windows” option.

Don't hesitate to reply on this thread if further assistance is needed.

Darleen Pen, Feb 3, 2021
  3. peach1971 Win User
    all games crash!

I suggest you run rthdribl > http://www.daionet.gr.jp/~masa/archives/rthdribl_1_2.zip
    Increase the window size step by step and watch your vga temps permanently.
    What happens?
    If it crashes, run at stock speeds as suggested before and retry.

P.S.: When your system locks, does the display signal turn off after a time?
    Stuttering sound or no sound at all when freezing?
    What X1800XT model do you own exactly?

peach1971, Feb 3, 2021
  4. Brink Win User

Change Lock Screen Display Off Timeout in Windows 10

It won't send you to the lock screen when the timeout has been reached.

Console lock display off timeout is the amount of minutes Windows will wait idle with no activity while on the lock screen when a user locks the computer before timing out and automatically turning off the display.

You might see if these below may be turning off the display instead.

Brink, Feb 3, 2021
Thema:

1. Turning the displays off after locking windows? - Similar Threads - Turning displays off

2. Caps Lock On/Off Display Randomly Turned On

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Caps Lock On/Off Display Randomly Turned On: Randomly the Caps Lock On/Off Display has started popping up on my screen. Nothing I have done has been able to fix it. Even going to settings-Display-advanced settings. I don’t know what else to try...
  3. Caps Lock On/Off Display Randomly Turned On

in Windows 10 Customization
    Caps Lock On/Off Display Randomly Turned On: Randomly the Caps Lock On/Off Display has started popping up on my screen. Nothing I have done has been able to fix it. Even going to settings-Display-advanced settings. I don’t know what else to try...
  4. Caps Lock On/Off Display Randomly Turned On

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. My laptop display doesn't turn off after the screen is locked. I want it to turn off after...

My laptop display doesn't turn off after the screen is locked. I want it to turn off after...: I re-installed Windows, since then I'm facing this issue. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-laptop-display-doesnt-turn-off-after-the-screen/62d80162-d97f-4bef-be02-76fdd23508e1
  6. My laptop display doesn't turn off after the screen is locked. I want it to turn off after...

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    My laptop display doesn't turn off after the screen is locked. I want it to turn off after...: I re-installed Windows, since then I'm facing this issue. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-laptop-display-doesnt-turn-off-after-the-screen/62d80162-d97f-4bef-be02-76fdd23508e1
  7. Caps lock display turn off

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Caps lock display turn off: Caps lock display is a nuisance. It is incredible that such a terrible feature was enabled and made difficult to turn off.Nothing that works has been found on the internet....
  8. Caps lock display turn off

Caps lock display turn off: Caps lock display is a nuisance. It is incredible that such a terrible feature was enabled and made difficult to turn off.Nothing that works has been found on the internet....
  9. Turning off Caps Lock visual display

in Windows 10 Customization
    Turning off Caps Lock visual display: Hi, Currently when I press the caps lock key a little indicator appears in the bottom right corner of the screen saying capos lock on/caps lock off. Unsure what I did to make it do this, it just started happening, perhaps it was something I pressed on the keyboard. For...
  10. How to lock computer after display turns off ?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to lock computer after display turns off ?: I used to have screen-saver set as 'none' and 'on resume, display logon screen', and set the time there the same as the 'display off' option in 'power options'. And that works fine on a PC, no issues there. Now I started using a laptop, and it has different 'display off'...