Windows 10: Turning wifi off at set times?

Discus and support Turning wifi off at set times? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Is it possible to set an on/off time for a routers wifi at set times even when the PC is off? Id like to be able to turn the wifi off over night... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by gbu, Jul 30, 2018.

1. GBU
    gbu Win User

Turning wifi off at set times?

Is it possible to set an on/off time for a routers wifi at set times even when the PC is off?

Id like to be able to turn the wifi off over night without physically turning it off via the router itself or through the browser.

My router allows me to set a time but it doesnt seem to work through testing whether the Pc is on or off.

Ive attached a picture of the set-up.

:)

2. How to set up Wifi? HTC S720

Yes, HTC S620 or HTC Excalibur has wifi built-in. To set up wifi, follow these steps:

• turn the wifi radio on by going to settings>command manager>wifi
    • it should automatically give you the list of available wifi hotspots
    • If the network is protected by key, it will ask you you to enter the key

TarandeepKaur, Jul 30, 2018
  3. Turn of push notice 'action required Wifi' Lumia 950

Hi, Kittyvan H.

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community.

Turn WiFi search off, when you don’t need it, by taping on WiFi quick action button or by managing your
    WiFi notification by following these steps:

• Slide your finger downwards on the screen.
    • Press All settings.
    • Press Network & wireless.
    • Press WiFi. and then select Wi-Fi Sense.
    • Turn on/off "Connect to suggested open hotspots".
    • Uncheck "Show a notification banner when action is needed from me".

Let us know if it works.

Marcel Dio, Jul 30, 2018
  4. Lex Del Win User

Time setting

Hi Abdul,

Let's set your phone's time and date automatically by following the steps here:

• Go to Settings.
    • Tap Date + time.
    • Then, turn on the "Set automatically" option.

Let us know if it works out for you.

Lex Del, Jul 30, 2018
Thema:

1. Turning wifi off at set times? - Similar Threads - Turning wifi off

2. Wifi turned off

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wifi turned off: My wifi seems to be turned off even if I try to turn it on from the settings area, it still shows " wifi turned off" when I click on the wifi symbol on the task bar. Any idea on how to go about it please?...
  3. WiFi Times out but fixed by turning off and on again

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WiFi Times out but fixed by turning off and on again: Hello,Ever since I have owned my Windows 11 laptop 3 months I have this issues relating to WiFi.When I start my laptop everything works fine - I can surf the net quickly and the online speed tests are fine. The problem is - when I leave the laptop for an hour or so the speed...
  4. WiFi Times out but fixed by turning off and on again

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WiFi Times out but fixed by turning off and on again: Hello,Ever since I have owned my Windows 11 laptop 3 months I have this issues relating to WiFi.When I start my laptop everything works fine - I can surf the net quickly and the online speed tests are fine. The problem is - when I leave the laptop for an hour or so the speed...
  5. Set Time Automatically Turns Off By It Self

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Set Time Automatically Turns Off By It Self: Hi,Working on a bunch of 2016 & 2019 servers in a CCTV application and time sync is very important. All computers are in local workgroup, no domain. I have found servers with the wrong time and the Set Time Automatically Option grayed out or turned off. I click to enable and...
  6. Set Time Automatically Turns Off By It Self

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Set Time Automatically Turns Off By It Self: Hi,Working on a bunch of 2016 & 2019 servers in a CCTV application and time sync is very important. All computers are in local workgroup, no domain. I have found servers with the wrong time and the Set Time Automatically Option grayed out or turned off. I click to enable and...
  7. Wifi turning off and on

Wifi turning off and on: Hi. I tend to have a problem with my lenovo thinkbook, and this never happened since some update like a few weeks ago. So sometimes my wi-fi just shuts itself off for a few seconds and then it turns on again. It is very annoying and I don't know that to do. I tried...
  8. WiFi connection turns off after some time

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    WiFi connection turns off after some time: I turn on my laptop an use it normaly (browsing, playing games...) with a normal stable wifi connection, but after some time (80% of the time) the wifi connection drops and when I try to reconnect to my wifi network it says "Can't connect to this network " on every listed...
  9. Is there a way to schedule the wifi to turn on and off at a certain time?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is there a way to schedule the wifi to turn on and off at a certain time?: I have a 25 gig internet plan with unmetered data between 3am and 6am. I know you can tell windows to turn the wifi on after 1 hour, 4 hours and 1 day of turning it off. But I am wondering if there is any way I can keep my wifi off and have windows turn it on at 315am and...
  10. Is there a setting to sign off wifi after set time of inactivity?

Is there a setting to sign off wifi after set time of inactivity?: I just purchased a new PC with windows 10 and it appears that wifi disconnects if I haven't used it for a while. I am wondering if there is a setting somewhere to control the length of time for inactivity before wifi disconnects?...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. wifi turns off at 3am settings