Windows 10: turning windows features of or on

Discus and support turning windows features of or on in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi Is there any advantage to turning on or of windows features i.e. will windows preform better with one off or on and why are some only partly... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by ChristiePhillips2, Mar 16, 2019.

1. turning windows features of or on

Hi

Is there any advantage to turning on or of windows features i.e. will windows preform better with one off or on and why are some only partly ticked

:)

ChristiePhillips2, Mar 16, 2019

2. Win 10 Pro 64x: under Turn Windows features on or off, what are the default features?

Hi,

Thank you for the update on the issue.

When you will open the Windows features window the options in front of which there is a check mark then those options are turned on by default. You may refer to the steps provided below to open Windows feature on.

• Press Windows key + R.
    • Type appwiz.cpl
    • Click on Turn Windows features on or off.
    • Now check the list and see the option in front of which there is a check mark.

For example Internet explorer, media features, Print to PDF etc.

Do keep us updated.

Regards,

Ramesh.Kumar, Mar 16, 2019
  3. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Mar 16, 2019
  4. turning windows features of or on

Windows 7 top feature request list leaked to the public

With Windows still managing to find its way to over 95 percent of the desktop computers sold each year, it's not surprising that one can find plenty of people interested in giving their feedback about what future versions of Windows should be able to do.

A few years ago, before Windows Vista had even shipped, Microsoft sent out a wish list form asking people what features they would like to see in the next version of Windows, currently code-named Windows 7. The top wished-for features in this list were recently leaked to the public and have popped up at various sites (e.g., Neowin). While anonymous sources at Microsoft tell us that they bear no relationship to the actual feature set Microsoft is currently writing for Windows 7, the list does provide interesting insight into what the Windows-using public most wants from Windows.

The features are listed in no particular order, but they break down into various categories depending on what part of Windows the feature request falls under. Many requests for improvements in Internet Explorer, such as a session restore function, are fairly obvious wishes for features that already exist in competitive products such as Firefox and Opera. Other suggestions, such as a tabbed Windows Explorer, look for features from web browsers to migrate into the general user interface.

turning windows features of or on win7-early_feedback.gif

Some of the feature requests are clearly unrealistic, such as the desire to "back up" Xbox 360 games to the PC (yeah, I don't think Microsoft will be doing that one). Others are minor user interface enhancements that would be nice additions but wouldn't really change the Windows experience, such as a progress bar when hibernating the system. However, there are a few that make good sense and would be welcome additions to the operating system, such as a built-in video and audio codec manager.

A Windows 7 insider who wishes to remain anonymous told Ars that the leaked feature list was gathered before any real development on Windows 7 was started, and readers should not expect to see requests from the list necessarily implemented in Microsoft’s next major Windows release.

Ben Clarke, Mar 16, 2019
Thema:

turning windows features of or on

1. turning windows features of or on - Similar Threads - turning features

2. How to turn off "Do not disturb" feature permanently in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to turn off "Do not disturb" feature permanently in Windows 11: Hello Community,Is there any way to permanently turn off the "do not disturb" feature in Windows 11? Every time I turn it off toggle off from system notifications, it turns on automatically next day, which is annoying.OS: Windows 11 ProVersion: 23H2Build: 22631.3447Thanks in...
  3. How to turn off "Do not disturb" feature permanently in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to turn off "Do not disturb" feature permanently in Windows 11: Hello Community,Is there any way to permanently turn off the "do not disturb" feature in Windows 11? Every time I turn it off toggle off from system notifications, it turns on automatically next day, which is annoying.OS: Windows 11 ProVersion: 23H2Build: 22631.3447Thanks in...
  4. How to turn of the Family features pop up spam?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to turn of the Family features pop up spam?: Hey everyone, I have the same problem as you. The damn Family features pop up sign up thing is popping up every 20-30 sec, even when I just closed it or put it in the taskbar. It is just showing up and opening every 20-30 sec. Pls fix this problem. I can't even game anymore...
  5. How to turn of the Family features pop up spam?

How to turn of the Family features pop up spam?: Hey everyone, I have the same problem as you. The damn Family features pop up sign up thing is popping up every 20-30 sec, even when I just closed it or put it in the taskbar. It is just showing up and opening every 20-30 sec. Pls fix this problem. I can't even game anymore...
  6. How do I turn the sort feature off in OneNote, so I can drag and drop documents? Or, is...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I turn the sort feature off in OneNote, so I can drag and drop documents? Or, is...: How do I turn the sort feature off in OneNote, so I can drag and drop documents? Or, is there another fix if the drag and drop feature stopped working? I have a new Surface Pro and Windows 10, and I can no longer drag and drop into OneNote. I've reinstalled, etc. with no...
  7. How do I turn the sort feature off in OneNote, so I can drag and drop documents? Or, is...

How do I turn the sort feature off in OneNote, so I can drag and drop documents? Or, is...: How do I turn the sort feature off in OneNote, so I can drag and drop documents? Or, is there another fix if the drag and drop feature stopped working? I have a new Surface Pro and Windows 10, and I can no longer drag and drop into OneNote. I've reinstalled, etc. with no...
  8. Windows 10 KB5034843 turns on new features (direct download links)

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 KB5034843 turns on new features (direct download links): Windows 10 KB5034843 is now available for everyone, and it has some noteworthy features, such as WhatsApp integration in the Share menu. This Patch Tuesday security update can be installed via Windows Update, or you can also grab Windows 10 KB5034763 offline installers in...
  9. my dad turned off my ability to see the random hardware address feature. How do i bring it...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my dad turned off my ability to see the random hardware address feature. How do i bring it...: my dad turned off my ability to see the random hardware address feature. How do i bring it back?i have administrator permissionsit was working before but i dont know what he did...
  10. my dad turned off my ability to see the random hardware address feature. How do i bring it...

my dad turned off my ability to see the random hardware address feature. How do i bring it...: my dad turned off my ability to see the random hardware address feature. How do i bring it back?i have administrator permissionsit was working before but i dont know what he did...